Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: New Sheriff in Washington ... Reply with quote

Things are changing ... dramatically. Look at this posturing, and how China has stepped forward to pull the leash on the DPRK (North Korea).

Quote:
'Ready for war': North Korea's response to US sending warships as tensions rise
AFP on April 11, 2017, 11:10 am
North Korea denounced Washington's deployment of a US naval strike group to the Korean Peninsula Tuesday, warning it was ready for "war" in a further escalation of tensions.

The US Navy strike group Carl Vinson cancelled a planned trip to Australia this weekend to head to the region in a show of force against growing threats from the North.

"This goes to prove that the US reckless moves for invading the DPRK have reached a serious phase," said a spokesman for the North's foreign ministry according to state-run KCNA news agency, in Pyongyang's first comment since the deployment.

"The DPRK is ready to react to any mode of war desired by the US," he said, using the country's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Trump has recently threatened unilateral action against Pyongyang if Beijing fails to help curb its neighbour's nuclear weapons programme.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/34991267/north-korea-threatens-war-after-us-sends-armada-of-warships/#page1

And now this ...

Quote:
China Threatens To Bomb North Korea's Nuclear Facilities If It Crosses Beijing's "Bottom Line"

Apr 11, 2017 12:51 PM

With everyone putting down new and/or revised "red lines", be it on Syria or North Korea, it was now China's turn to reveal its "red" or rather "bottom line", and in a harshly worded editorial titled "The United States Must Not Choose a Wrong Direction to Break the DPRK Nuclear Deadlock on Wednesday" Beijing warned it would attack North Korea's facilities producing nuclear bombs, effectively engaging in an act of war, if North Korea crosses China's "bottom line."

The editorial in the military-focused Global Times tabloid, owned and operated by the Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, said that North Korea’s nuclear activities must not jeopardize northeastern China, and that if the North impacts China with its illicit nuclear tests through either "nuclear leakage or pollution", then China will respond with force.

Quote:
“China has a bottom line that it will protect at all costs, that is, the security and stability of northeast China... If the bottom line is touched, China will employ all means available including the military means to strike back. By that time, it is not an issue of discussion whether China acquiesces in the US’ blows, but the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will launch attacks to DPRK nuclear facilities on its own."
This, as the editorial puts it, is the "bottom line" for China; should it be crossed China will employ all means available including the military means to strike back," warned the editorial.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/.....s-bottom-l

How could you get a clearer contrast with the Obama administration's foreign policy, and the foreign policy of the new president? So far, so good -- but I just hope he knows where to curb his aggressive posture, and start cutting deals that are to everbody's benefit.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to see that China is stepping up.
Its within their best interest in many aspects for there to be stability on the Korean Peninsula.

Full credit to the White House for actually getting some movement on this issue.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What blows my mind is that this seems to be working. By implication, it illustrates what a haywire foreign policy that Obamacrats had in place.

My worry is that too much success could lead to overplaying their hand. If there is some grand overarching deal to be made, it could be to the benefit of everybody. I just can't see how the Russians are the bad guys here. Can they be fairly criticized for not wanting an American-financed army on their borders, in the Ukraine? Were they so wrong to stop ISIS in Syria? Or was Obama an asshole?

I hope there's a deal to be made that gets us out of 1% interest rates and invitations to military adventurism on the part of Iran or anyone else, and which produces more balanced trade. It would make Trump a truly great president.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
What blows my mind is that this seems to be working. By implication, it illustrates what a haywire foreign policy that Obamacrats had in place.

I can't really disagree here;
While China hasn't acted yet, this is the first time I can see a willingness to do so.

Not to diminish what the current administration has done;
But it just seems like it was accomplished so quickly the last guys had eight years the current guy has been in office around 100 days, which either means the last guys didn't bother asking or the new guys are just better at this.

Bugs wrote:
My worry is that too much success could lead to overplaying their hand. If there is some grand overarching deal to be made, it could be to the benefit of everybody

Absolutely;
China one way or another is a growing economy, South Korea and Japan built a lot of innovative product that Chinese manufacturing puts together and the US works with all of the above in some capacity.

North Korea being smack in the middle and making a lot of noise of bad for everyone.
Its good to see that this the situation is no longer simply being fluffed off as the US problem.

Jump to: