Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: 1 in 4 conservative members have visited the rebel Reply with quote

( kind of an odd poll from mainstreet and odd article , give off the impression . the more established media is trying to be bullies and going after smaller alternative media for which they might disagree with of certain issues . reminds me of the media outlets which cheered the demise of " sun news " even though it was a Canadian media outlet which employed Canadians and covered Canadian news . and its viewers had a charter right to free speech and freedom of the press in Canada but the CRTC wouldn't give them a full license that CTV news and CBC news have )

One in 4 Conservative members have visited The Rebel: poll

Mainstreet Research poll shows 23 per cent have been on the site in last 12 months

BJ Siekierski

Friday, March 24th, 2017

Just under one-quarter of Conservative party members say they’ve been on the provocative right-wing website The Rebel in the last 12 months, a new Mainstreet Research poll shows.

From March 15 to 19, as part of the ongoing iPolitics CPC Leadership Tracker, Mainstreet asked party members if they’ve visited the website dubbed “Breitbart north” by some.

Of the 1,105 respondents, with a margin of error of +/- 2.8 per cent, 19 times out of 20, 23 per cent told Mainstreet they had.

Another 42.32 per cent said they hadn’t, 18.51 per cent said they weren’t sure if they...

http://ipolitics.ca/2017/03/24.....ebel-poll/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually surprised the numbers are so low , considering the mainstream media has a perceived biased in favour of Justin Trudeau you think more conservatives would be seeking out independent and alternative news sources that don't have a bias in favour of him

but I'm often surprised by how many still read the globe and mail or Toronto star even as examples . that some especially older conservatives have not heard of these new alternative news sites or don't care to check them out .

but considering how many thousands of views the rebel's video's are getting , if cpc members aren't watching in high numbers , then someone else is ? perhaps more independently minded people are who aren't members of a political party or people who support some of the fringe third parties are ?
Progressive Tory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've probably read a few things on their site but I find The Rebel to be awful.

And just because The Rebel's videos are showing lots of views doesn't necessarily mean they're getting that many people watching it. Just like The Rebel - and organizations trying to push certain issues - create fake twitter accounts to make it seem as though they have widespread support, The Rebel could be upping the views on their videos to attract more attention. People perceiving they have more influence than they do and to an extent upping their credibility.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have certainly visited the site;
Not my cup of tea but certainly has its moments.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive Tory wrote:
I've probably read a few things on their site but I find The Rebel to be awful.

And just because The Rebel's videos are showing lots of views doesn't necessarily mean they're getting that many people watching it. Just like The Rebel - and organizations trying to push certain issues - create fake twitter accounts to make it seem as though they have widespread support, The Rebel could be upping the views on their videos to attract more attention. People perceiving they have more influence than they do and to an extent upping their credibility.

I'm fairly certain it has a large number of viewers followers/ online , perhaps some are even international . although a lot of content is about Canada , some is about US and European issues so could be people from other countries watching the videos online

they have come out recently saying they have 600,000 youtube followers , I don't know what you need to get a youtube account but it does seem people are watching the video's

its a very busy fast paced site , they often update content a few times a day and features many new videos , some are better than others . there especially focused on alberta issues and have done a good job covering that province but not as much coverage of other regions . I don't believe they have a regular or full time east coast correspondent yet

Jump to: