Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

is Kevin O'leary one of your top choices or last choice ?
my top choice or one of my top choices
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
not sure / undecided
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
my last choice or near the bottom of list
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Kevin O'leary for Conservative Leader ? Reply with quote

not an article , I want to do a thread/poll on Kevin O'Leary . we have already discussed in the cpc leadership thread but I want to look into his campaign in more detail as he is one of the front runners and has attracted a lot of attention , positive and negative

personally I'm not really at all impressed with the O'Leary campaign , he has skipped nearly every debate except for a couple smaller ones and manning conference . he has gone to great lengths to avoid any where he'd have to speak French

he also has very few policy positions which even appear to be conservative in nature and has gone as far as to say he supports some "liberal " positions such as marijuana legalisation and social issues

he has been back and forth between Canada and the US , I heard he went to Miami beach after the manning conference and before he went to Edmonton . is that something the average Canadian can relate to ?
he has also been on American morning shows and such to discuss he leadership run which seems weird to me

but even after all this . polls still show him as one of the front runners and he has been able to attract large crowds to his event and claims to be signing up new members and getting donations , and has a large presence in the media

so anyways my question is kevin O'Leary one of your top choices or is he one of your last choices ?

Last edited by RCO on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Kevin O'Leary still doesn't get about politics

iPolitics Insights

You’re not a leader if you think the rules don’t apply to you

Brent Rathgeber

Wednesday, March 1st, 2017

A man dressed in a chicken suit, a reference to Conservative leadership candidate Lisa Raitt calling Kevin O'Leary a chicken for skipping the debate, is seen during the Conservative leadership debate at the Maclab Theatre in Edmonton, Alta., on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Codie McLachlan

Brent Rathgeber

Tuesday night’s Conservative leadership debate was solidly interesting … even (occasionally) entertaining.

Maxime Bernier and Steven Blaney struck sparks off each other over supply management in agriculture — Bernier wants to get rid of it, Blaney doesn’t. Rick Peterson and Andrew Scheer traded insults over who’s a career politician and who failed to become one. Kellie Leitch and Chris Alexander sparred over whether he and Jason Kenney, as immigration ministers, did enough to screen immigrants. Michael Chong actually debated the crowd over the virtues of a revenue-neutral carbon tax. Deepak Obhrai was folksy and entertaining.

But in the lineups outside the theatre prior to the debate, and in the watering holes afterwards, the talk among party members was less about what was happening on stage and more about the latest developments in the wider race. And that was before the man in the chicken costume showed up.

The hottest topic, of course, was that weird Kellie Leitch video. Posted earlier in the day by the Leitch campaign, the video featured her restating her positons on immigration and ‘Canadian values’ — without, you know, actually explaining what she wants to do, or why.

I’m sure you’ve seen Leitch’s video yourself by now and have had a chance to puzzle over her odd cadences, her … inexplicable … mid-sentence … pauses … intended, I suspect, to make her look thoughtful, but succeeding only in making her look awkward.

(Leitch used the video to complain that the other candidates and the media have been distorting her message on immigration. If you want the straight goods, she said, go to the Leitch campaign website. I did; it confirms just about everything her opponents and the media have been saying about the ‘Canadian values’ pitch. Don’t think we can score this one as a win, Kellie.)

But the dominant topic of conversation at the Edmonton event was the guy who didn’t bother to show up. Kevin O’Leary opted to skip the debate and hold a simultaneous one-man forum at a nearby hotel. The Edmonton gathering was an event officially sanctioned by the Conservative Party of Canada, so now O’Leary is being hit with a $10,000 fine for his non-attendance. A protester wearing a chicken suit marched outside the hotel where O’Leary was holding court. His message was obvious.

O’Leary can probably absorb the $10,000 hit — but that chicken cosplay, and what it says about his campaign, may turn out to be a lot harder to swallow.

Business leaders can surround themselves with loyal lieutenants. Party leaders and prime ministers are surrounded by ambitious rivals, braced to take over the minute they stumble.

O’Leary claims he boycotted the debate because the format, with all the candidates on stage at once, was unproductive and boring. The people I talked to in Edmonton weren’t buying it; they said O’Leary stayed away because it was a bilingual event and he didn’t want more exposure for his lousy French. (He needn’t have worried; apart from the moderator, very few people at the debate were actually speaking French, and those who were spoke it slowly enough so that even unhyphenated Anglos like me could follow it.)

Whatever his real reason, his decision to flout the rules and run his own event says volumes about O’Leary’s approach to politics. He’s a lone wolf — someone who’s used to getting his own way. He plays by his own rules and is prepared to ignore the ones he finds the least bit inconvenient. He’s already hinting that he might skip the last officially sanctioned debate if the format isn’t changed.

But the format isn’t the issue here — O’Leary’s attitude towards party politics is. Superficially, the worlds of politics and business have a few things in common. In both fields you need leadership skills and an ability to inspire people – and you won’t get far without a healthy sense of self-confidence. But when you own your own business, you can fly solo — making decisions on your own, taking the wishes of others into account only when they’re regulators, or customers.

That’s not how politics works. Canada may have fallen into the habit of letting its politics revolve around party leaders to an unhealthy degree, but politics here is still not a field in which you can freelance. Business leaders can surround themselves with loyal lieutenants. Party leaders and prime ministers are surrounded by ambitious rivals, braced to take over the minute they stumble.

Effective political leadership demands at least some ability to get along with others and conform to rules set by people who don’t take orders from you. O’Leary is merely a candidate for the Conservative Party of Canada leadership. He doesn’t get to dictate terms. And none of the party members I spoke with Tuesday were impressed by O’Leary’s ability to take a $10,000 punch; most rank and file Conservatives see that as a lot of money, and they expect a potential prime minister to have greater respect for it.

It’s a cliche because it’s true: Politics is a team sport. Rogue players usually fail (Trump remains the outlier here). Rick Peterson wore an Edmonton Oilers jersey on stage Tuesday night; he mangled the metaphor a bit but he was trying to send the message that the party leader is merely the captain — he’s not leading anyone if they’re not following.

By going it alone in Edmonton, Kevin O’Leary showed Conservatives that, while he might see himself as ‘Mr. Wonderful’, his lack of French may be the least of his problems. Lisa Raitt drove the point home by reminding party members Tuesday night that they’ll be choosing their next leader through a ranked preferential voting system. With 14 players on the field, a candidate getting a majority right out of the gate seems mathematically impossible; even second and third preferences might not be enough to settle on a winner.

Raitt gets this, which is why she was prudent enough to ask members for their second choices. Under the ranked preferential voting format, no polarizing candidate is likely to win. Leitch may appeal to ultra-nationalists but the lack of ambivalence in her campaign messaging makes her very vulnerable on second and third choices.

As for O’Leary, his name recognition may be magic in wider polls, but it won’t be enough to put him over the top with an audience of party members — not if he keeps sending the signal that he really couldn’t care less about the rules and culture of the Conservative Party of Canada.

In the end, I suspect the last candidate standing will be the one capable of building the broadest coalition, the biggest tent. I suspect that candidate will be the first choice of few Conservatives but nobody’s last choice — a compromise candidate. I see five or six candidates who could fit the bill. More on that in the weeks to come.

http://ipolitics.ca/2017/03/01.....-politics/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Coyne: Tories seem willing to let O’Leary, almost literally, phone in leadership campaign

Andrew Coyne | March 1, 2017 | Last Updated: Mar 2 8:23 AM ET
More from Andrew Coyne | @acoyne

This was Kevin O’Leary’s Tuesday:

– He skipped the mandatory all-candidates’ debate in Edmonton, ostensibly because he didn’t like the format, but quite possibly because it was to be held in both official languages, one of which he does not speak.

– He was quoted in a newspaper story that morning admitting he had been using a private plane to jet about to campaign events, but only charging his campaign the price of a commercial airline ticket: an apparent violation of Elections Canada rules. His campaign denied it later in the day: he had only taken one private flight, a spokesman said. But by evening the story had changed again. He would continue to use a private plane, he said, but would expense it properly.

– A video surfaced of him, half-nude, complaining that the CBC was “run by women,” grumbling that he was forced to work for women (“it’s ridiculous”) and claiming that he “gets back” at them by doing all his Skype interviews for the network with his pants off.

One day. And yet it displayed so much of the signature O’Leary style: the casual disregard for the rules that others live by, the adolescent taste for shock, the carelessness with the facts, the failure to do the most basic homework, and above all the open, brazen contempt for the party he lazily hopes to lead.

There will be many more such days. There are hundreds of hours of video of O’Leary online, and it doesn’t take more than about five minutes to find him saying and doing all sorts of ignorant, nutty, clownishly reactionary things. And while he can try to wave all of these off as “good TV,” the utterances of a character he had created, he cannot disavow the things he says and does on the campaign trail. That is, when he bothers to go on it.

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Codie McLachlan

THE CANADIAN PRESS/Codie McLachlanA protestor infers that Kevin O'Leary is a chicken for not showing up at Tuesday's Conservative leadership debate in Edmonton..
It’s hard to see why O’Leary would need a private plane to get to campaign events. He’s hardly been to any. Of eleven debates since the first week in November, he has participated in three. He has spent most of the campaign, in fact, in the United States, attending to his various business interests, returning to Canada only intermittently. Should he be elected leader he has not only refused to commit to run for a seat in Parliament — he has refused even to say he would live full-time in Canada. What, and give up show business?

Has any other candidate for leader of a national party in a mature democracy ever campaigned for the job from outside the country? It was unusual enough for Michael Ignatieff to aspire for high office in a country he had spent most of his life avoiding. But if “he didn’t come back for you,” at least he came back. By contrast, the unique selling proposition O’Leary — the Boston Stranger, the Eyewash Rover — is presenting to the Conservatives is: elect me and maybe I’ll mention you on Shark Tank.

And, it appears, a significant section of the party is ready to take him up on it: he leads in virtually every poll of Conservative members. O’Leary is almost literally phoning it in, offers nothing but his money and his celebrity and his vast cheek as credentials, tells Conservatives they are “losers” and that the party is “irrelevant,” won’t even attend fundraisers unless they meet a $50,000 minimum, and the response of thousands of grassroots Tories is: “Thank you sir, may I carry your bags?”

PressProgress / YouTube

PressProgress / YouTubeConservative leadership candidate Kevin O'Leary reveals, "I never wear pants on TV because the CBC is run by women.".

O’Leary entered the race months late. He has presented virtually nothing in the way of a platform. To the extent his views are known, they tend rather to the left of the spectrum. He does not want Canadian troops used in combat, he told radio host Evan Solomon, ever — a position that would presumably require withdrawing from NATO — but only as peacekeepers; he does not think the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant is a threat to Canadians; his favourite news organization in the world is the CBC; and he is “very liberal” on virtually all social issues, including assisted suicide. These may be good ideas or bad ideas, but they are decidedly odd ideas for a candidate for leader of the Conservative party.

The whole campaign has something of the air of an online promotion to it. After the Bombardier bailout, O’Leary’s campaign put out a press release entitled “O’Leary Government Will End Corporate Welfare.” Read further, however, and you found that in fact he was quite willing to provide corporate welfare, but would attach conditions: a “return on investment,” a “productivity dividend,” and so on. In other words, the NDP position.

Then there are the series of just plain crazy things that keep coming out of his mouth — not in some former life, but as a candidate — from the sale of Senate seats to his apparently sincere promise, in the middle of the Manning Conference debate, to punish any province that implements a carbon tax by deducting an amount equivalent to the revenues collected from federal transfers.

He has no experience in politics. He only recently joined the Conservative Party. He can’t speak French, doesn’t think it matters, and isn’t going to learn: it was all his handlers could do to get him to pretend that he would. He seems unclear on basic principles of economics, such as the difference between the deficit and the debt — though in fairness he says he is pro-free trade and pro-immigration — and shows no more curiosity about other subjects.

Just today, I happened to meet an old university schoolmate of his. “O’Leary,” he grimaced. “He’s made a caricature of capitalism (on his TV shows). Now he’s going to make a caricature of conservatism.” But only if the party lets him

http://news.nationalpost.com/f.....p-campaign
Progressive Tory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably in the middle of the pack for me.

Chong, O'Toole, Bernier and Leitch are the only candidates that I really like. After them I don't know what my ballot would look like. Something about Scheer annoys me so he could fall below O'Leary on my ballot. I haven't given any of the bottom tier much consideration and Leitch won't be ranked on my ballot.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'leary and Leitch can fight it out for last place.

Neither of them are remotely likable or capable. Leitch and her video...she should learn when sinking to stop digging.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive Tory wrote:

Chong, O'Toole, Bernier and Leitch are the only candidates that I really like. After them I don't know what my ballot would look like. Something about Scheer annoys me so he could fall below O'Leary on my ballot. I haven't given any of the bottom tier much consideration and Leitch won't be ranked on my ballot.

I have no idea if I'll rank all the candidates or not , haven't even had the chance to meet any of them . has been virtually no leadership events in my riding or nearby ridings for some reason , no one seems to want to come here or riding association hasn't organized anything

but I've been turned off by O'Leary for a while , initially his campaign appeared to have potential but then he wasn't sure if he was going to enter or not . then he waited till the day after the French debate to do so . and nothing since then has really caught my attention , from weird policy announcements to his just plain crazy plan to sell senate seats .

and then he still goes back and forth between the states and has skipped most of the debates so we don't get a fair opportunity to compare him to the other candidates
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:

Neither of them are remotely likable or capable. Leitch and her video...she should learn when sinking to stop digging.

I doubt either of them will come last , they'll have enough support to survive at least a couple ballots if not more

if they stay in the race till the end , I'd say Saxton and Peterson are possible last place finishers , Trost and Obrahi are also likely to drop early
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

I doubt either of them will come last ,

I doubt it too. Anything other than first is fine by me.

Why Leitch still has that video running is beyond me. Here 'values' idea was poorly thought out from the start as she couldnt or perhaps wouldnt say what is a value.
Progressive Tory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
Progressive Tory wrote:

I have no idea if I'll rank all the candidates or not , haven't even had the chance to meet any of them . has been virtually no leadership events in my riding or nearby ridings for some reason , no one seems to want to come here or riding association hasn't organized anything

but I've been turned off by O'Leary for a while , initially his campaign appeared to have potential but then he wasn't sure if he was going to enter or not . then he waited till the day after the French debate to do so . and nothing since then has really caught my attention , from weird policy announcements to his just plain crazy plan to sell senate seats .

and then he still goes back and forth between the states and has skipped most of the debates so we don't get a fair opportunity to compare him to the other candidates

There's only 10 slots of the ballot, so if all 14 remain you'll have to leave four out.
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressive Tory wrote:
RCO wrote:
Progressive Tory wrote:

There's only 10 slots of the ballot, so if all 14 remain you'll have to leave four out.

how is there only 10 slots on the ballot ? if there is 14 candidates , but I'd personally be surprised if all 14 remain till the very end ,

the hard part of the question is not as much on the how does O'Leary compare to the other conservatives but rather how does he compare to trudeau ? who we have to assume will lead the liberals into at least the next election if not more

when they have the French debate next election O'leary won't be able to just skip it and hold a media event down the road , that isn't going to fly during an actual election
Progressive Tory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
Progressive Tory wrote:
RCO wrote:
Progressive Tory wrote:

how is there only 10 slots on the ballot ? if there is 14 candidates , but I'd personally be surprised if all 14 remain till the very end ,

the hard part of the question is not as much on the how does O'Leary compare to the other conservatives but rather how does he compare to trudeau ? who we have to assume will lead the liberals into at least the next election if not more

when they have the French debate next election O'leary won't be able to just skip it and hold a media event down the road , that isn't going to fly during an actual election

I don't know why there's just 10 slots. Bit odd.

And I agree, O'Leary needs to show he's more serious. I agree to his point about there being too many candidates on the debate stage and that the format needed to change, but I think his team handled the process solely for the purpose of getting him out of the debate. They seemed to have left it late hoping that the party wouldn't have the time to change the format. They could have publicly come out a while ago and said he wouldn't debate unless the format was changed, which would have put pressure on the party to change it and on the other candidates to accept it. Blaney was the reason the debate format didn't change, he was the only candidate to oppose what O'Leary proposed.

Avoiding debates in a general election won't work. The next NDP leader and Trudeau would like nothing more I'm sure than have a national televised debate without O'Leary on stage.

Dwight Ball refused to attend a debate during the last NL election. He received a fair bit of criticism for it and Paul Davis and Earle McCurdy were able to get on stage and bash him. It was a radio debate though and didn't get the audience of the two televised debates that Ball attended, so he wasn't overly hurt by not going. However, if O'Leary skipped a major debate - like he did this past week - during a general election I imagine it'd be a major blow to the CPC.
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( part rumour , part truth ? I had actually already speculated that this riding would make the most logical sense for O'Leary to run in and the current mp is 76 , although now it sounds like a run may be even more likely )

Posted on March 13, 2017׀ Richard Forbes, Update

Kevin O’Leary reportedly to run for MP in Dufferin-Caledon

By Richard Forbes.

Broadway-scene-896x320

Orangeville, Ontario – Rumours coming from the Dufferin-Caledon Conservative riding association suggest executives there are discussing a bid by Conservative front-runner Kevin O’Leary to replace Conservative MP David Tilson. Turning seventy six this Sunday, David Tilson is the oldest sitting Member of Parliament – representing the Dufferin area for thirteen years as a federal MP and twelve as an Ontario MPP.

If true, this marks a turnaround for O’Leary who had previously had said he wouldn’t be seeking a seat in parliament while in opposition:

“I am not going to seek a seat,” O’Leary was quoted as saying. “That’s a waste of time for me right now.”

Perhaps with fellow candidate Maxine Bernier now nipping at his heels in recent polling, the Shark Tank TV star has had a change of heart, hoping to use a nomination and a by-election to bolster his credibility within the party ranks. Bernier visited Dufferin-Caledon in a campaign pit stop in Orangeville just last week at the local Buick GMC dealership.

0214 city debate
Kevin O’Leary reads his opening statement in French during Conservative Party leadership debate in Pointe Claire. west of Montreal . (Photo: John Mahoney, Montreal Gazette.)

Dufferin-Caledon, bordering the ridings of fellow contenders Kellie Leitch and Michael Chong, would make a lot of sense as a riding for O’Leary: it has a long history of being used as a safe seat at the provincial level for parachute PC leaders (e.g., Ernie Eves, John Tory) but Dufferin-Caledon – situated within Ontario’s greenbelt – also has a prominent red Tory tradition which is well suited for an unconventional Conservative candidate like O’Leary who has endorsed marriage equality and cannabis legalization.

At Queen’s Park, PC leader Patrick Brown extended an olive branch to the party’s red Tory bench by appointing Dufferin-Caledon’s MPP Sylvia Jones as deputy leader; Jones, who has a legislative history of bipartisanship, was first elected to office in 2007. For his part, MP David Tilson has endorsed Michael Chong in the leadership race and surprised many in voicing support last year for transgender rights.

TilsonCrewson.png
Current Dufferin-Caledon MP David Tilson (left) and Liberal party candidate and former Shelburne mayor Ed Crewson (right.)

If a by-election were called, a fall by-election seems likely. Writs for a by-election must be called within six months of a vacancy.

An O’Leary candidacy would likely face competition from Liberal contender Ed Crewson who previously served as a local mayor in Shelburne between 1997-2014. Readers may be familiar with Crewson from his appearance in a recent Globe and Mail op-ed on Shelburne where he discussed the town’s economic growth over his tenure as mayor. Tilson braved the 2015 federal election’s “red wave”, hanging onto his seat against Crewson, 46.28% (CPC) to 39.11% (LPC). However it should be said, the Green party’s showing in that election was unusually poor; Dufferin-Caledon is usually the Green party’s strongest Ontario riding. The NDP, in comparison, is a distant force.

Ultimately, the next leader of the Conservative Party of Canada is set to be decided later this spring on May 27, 2017.

https://theribbon.net/2017/03/13/kevin-oleary-reportedly-to-run-for-mp-in-dufferin-caledon/
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:

Yes, but they are running against a truly disgusting and incompetent political machine. Their top priority seems to be to impose obviously disproven ideas about green power,

O'Leary is not going to be last place, and whatever else, he has been able to fire effective shots at the government. I don't think that any of the other candidates have demonstrated the ability not only to launch these assaults, but to get media coverage for them. It's not a little thing.

He is also able to criticize the kind of economic stupidity that seems to be in control at the moment.
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( David Tilson says the ribbon article about O'Leary running in Dufferin Caledon is nothing but rumours and not based in fact )

Tilson not moving aside for O’Leary, or anyone else

March 16, 2017 · 0 Comments

By Bill Rea

In terms of his political career, Dufferin-Caledon MP David Tilson is staying put for now.

Rumours have been circulating this week that Conservative Party leadership hopeful Kevin O’Leary is eying Mr. Tilson’s seat.

It was reported on the blog theribbon.net that there were rumours that executives in the local Conservative riding association have been discussing a possible bid by Mr. O’Leary to replace Mr. Tilson.

“I don’t know how these things get going,” Mr. Tilson declared. “I’m not giving up my seat for Mr. O’Leary or anyone. That’s definite.”

Mr. Tilson, who will be marking his 76th birthday Sunday, said he hasn’t made up his mind on whether he will be a candidate in the next federal election, expected in the fall of 2019.

“I haven’t decided what I’ll do,” he said, adding that decision likely won’t come until some months before the actual election.

Mr. Tilson said he had heard nothing about the rumour until a colleague from eastern Ontario asked him about. “I’ve never even met Mr. O’Leary,” he said.

He seemed almost amused that the idea had been raised.

“It’s a delicious story, of course. If Mr. O’Leary wants to come and represent this riding, he’s going to have to wait for me to leave,” Mr. Tilson observed

In terms of the leadership race, Tilson confirmed that he’s backing Michael Chong, from neighbouring Wellington-Halton Hills.

“Michael’s a long-time friend of mine,” Mr. Tilson said. “He’s a bright young man.”

The matter was news to the local federal Conservative riding association.

“I have no idea where the rumour originated and had never heard of the blogger who tried to breathe life not it,” association President Steve Cavell said in a statement.

He also pointed out that Mr. Tilson was elected MP and has served the riding well.

“And he does this with the full support of the riding association board of directors,” Mr. Cavell stated. “That support extends to the end of the current term and beyond if he wishes.”

And the O’Leary camp doesn’t seem interested in moving Mr. Tilson out.

“It’s a rumour,” Mr. O’Leary’s Press Secretary Ari Laskin said, adding their effort is competely focused on the leadership race. “We’re not focusing on any riding.”

http://citizen.on.ca/?p=8415
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While my leaning is currently Scheer / O'Toole;
Its not set in stone.

If O'Leary was able to for a moment establish he wasn't another Iggy who had no interest in building the party simply showed up to be ushered into 24 Sussex and bolted after it didn't work out.

If he ran prior to 2019 and opted to run regardless of if he won or not;
I would be more incline to consider him.

However for now he is simply a political mercenary

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: