Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Canadians prefer Trump to Trudeau on economy, security Reply with quote

Quote:
Canadians deeply dislike Trump, but prefer him to Trudeau on economy, security: poll

David Akin | February 8, 2017 | Last Updated: Feb 9 9:36 AM ET

Trump’s overall approval rating among Canadian voters peaked at 28 per cent during the 10 days that Mainstreet polled, while 52 per cent of Canadians gave Trudeau a thumbs up for the job he is doing.

OTTAWA — Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trump’s approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trump’s inauguration.

The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeau’s “disapproval” rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trump’s disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent. [....]
http://news.nationalpost.com/n.....urity-poll

Interesting that the proportion of Canadians that support Trump's economic policies is so close to the way Americans break down on the same economic issues, although the immigration mess is added to the mix in the south.

On a recent survey -- days ago -- they found 53% of Americans supported what Trump is doing, and only 35% opposed it.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to make much sense of these polls

think we have to keep in mind Canadians views on American politics is mostly coming from sources very biased against the republicans , like the CBC and CNN which is for some reason on just about every Canadian cable package

we can't get Fox news channel here but just about every package comes with the liberal/democratic smear channel of CNN , so of course when you consider the fact that is where most Canadians are getting there American news its no wonder so many do not like trump , they have never been given the opportunity to watch news from the other side

but its no surprise they like trump on the economy , he is a businessman and has a long and successful record in business and is making the economy one of his top issues
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

we can't get Fox news channel here

Why not? Dont want to pay for it?

This silly meme that all the stations report lies is pretty pathetic.

Is there slant? Sure, always have been. But the basis are all there for one to ponder.
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:

we can't get Fox news channel here

Why not? Dont want to pay for it?

This silly meme that all the stations report lies is pretty pathetic.

Is there slant? Sure, always have been. But the basis are all there for one to ponder.

my point was that every Canadian cable package seems to get American TV news channels that feature the democratic point of view but none feature tv channels that feature the republican point of view

I think we can only get some local fox channels here , maybe buffalo or Detroit ? but not the actual Fox news channel

CNN is extremely biased rate now , I follow them on twitter and 99% of there tweets about trump or the republicans are against them in some way , everything they post is somehow against trump or saying something going after him
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

my point was that every Canadian cable package seems to get American TV news channels that feature the democratic point of view but none feature tv channels that feature the republican point of view

Does this help RCO ?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2.....s-fox.html

Quote:

CNN is extremely biased rate now , I follow them on twitter and 99% of there tweets about trump or the republicans are against them in some way , everything they post is somehow against trump or saying something going after him

Well he is providing plenty of fodder to the news groups.

His decree by twitter is a lousy way to run the country. Commenting on his daughters horrible line of clothing is pretty funny.
Like dude, doncha have something else to worry about?
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
RCO wrote:

Does this help RCO ?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2.....s-fox.html

Quote:

Well he is providing plenty of fodder to the news groups.

His decree by twitter is a lousy way to run the country. Commenting on his daughters horrible line of clothing is pretty funny.
Like dude, doncha have something else to worry about?

I have Cogeco cable and don't see it listed as a provider

my point isn't that its not available at all or that no fox programing was available , more pointing out how common and easily available CNN was in comparison , its available everywhere and a very common channel to get in Canada

maybe you can get fox news thru some of the satellite companies as an option but its not a basic channel and would cost more to get
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:

I have Cogeco cable and don't see it listed as a provider

my point isn't that its not available at all or that no fox programing was available , more pointing out how common and easily available CNN was in comparison , its available everywhere and a very common channel to get in Canada

maybe you can get fox news thru some of the satellite companies as an option but its not a basic channel and would cost more to get
If you have the basic tier with Cogeco and the 'pick 40' then it comes to you free , as does NBC< CBS<ABC<PBS<FOX
https://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/residential/tv/packages/mix-and-watch/

The turth way back was FOX refused to play ball, ergo they were not picked up. Thats changed now.
While no surprise in me thinking FOX is biased on opinion, they do report news and as such I see them as such.
teabag

votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN and CBC are very biased. I use to watch them but have found them to be grossly biased. Since most Canadians are only fed this propaganda it is no wonder they have a dislike for Trump. Well I paid the extra 7 dollars a month and subscribed to Fox. Yes they have a more fair and balanced view. Now I have gotten to the point I only click on CNN to see if they are done with their twisted Trump bashing. Sadly they have disappointed me on every occasion. Fox does not only give more varied points of views but they are so much more entertaining to watch. Humour is actually displayed and I find myself laughing something I never do when watching CBC or Fox. Worth every penny.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CNN and CBC are very biased. Well I paid the extra 7 dollars a month and subscribed to Fox.

So.....you like your bias but no one elses.

Got it thanks.
Quote:
Since most Canadians are only fed this propaganda it is no wonder they have a dislike for Trump.

Disliking Trump is easy. One need only watch what he does and what he says.
Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More studies in absurdity from TC.

How did a topic change so much? The article says that mainstream Canada is closer to Trump's position than they are to those of the superficial twerp. Justin Sinclair Trudeau.

Why does RCO have to prove that the CBC is biased? How did we get here?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have already told this story, but it is relevant here. On election night, I tuned in CBC to keep current with the results. The program, starring Michael Enright and a female commentator of some heft in political journalism, quickly turned to such dripping CBC snottiness that I turned it off They bragged that, while they had no act\ual reporter on the campaign, they had the best of sources, the New York Times and the Washington Post. Through the night, they indulged themselves in ample doses of Canadian chauvinism and led us to believe that this was the night when that blight on Democracy, Donald Trump, was destroyed.

At 9.30, significant results from the eastern time zones had come in. Hillary was only narrowly ahead. I had expected her to have a big lead at that point. But the CBC continued to chortle, amongst the concession that Trump had done better than expected, but don't you worry, Hillary''s firewall in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, would hold.

At 10.30, Trump was narrowly ahead, and the results from the firewall states were slow because it was closer than expected. The anti-Trump bias was transparent, but it was beyond 'bias'' -- it was slander. Trump was characterized as a racist, a woman-hater, and so on.

At 11.30, the results from California came in, and Hillary was only narrowly ahead, and it was becoming clear that Trump would win. What is wrong with those f****** Americans? was the theme.

For the next week, these discussions reverberated through the media. They even had one program on how the media allowed Trump to win, with a view to making sure this kind of thing didn't happen again.

All of may have biases, but the point of the CBC coverage should be objective, and the bias ought to reflect the Çanadian point of view', not the views of a bunch of fey news bureaucrats being amplified. Why does the fact that RCO, like the rest of us, has his own preferences deprive him of the right to point out the bias?

Is TC claiming that it's OK for the government news organization to transmit fake news? Because it is fake news.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

Is TC claiming that it's OK for the government news organization to transmit fake news? Because it is fake news.

Ok....I shall wait until you offer up the proof.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say the news of CBC was fake , I've previously stated I found the whole idea of fake news a little hard to explain as 2 reporters could write up 2 entirely different stories about the same event and who is to say which one is more accurate or claim one is fake news ?

but clearly the CBC has an anti trump bias , they were like obsessed with him during the election , anyone remember all the stories they did about him and such , obviously a left wing outlet like the CBC would have preferred for Hilary Clinton to have won , the CBC news anchors barely survived election night they were so traumatised
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say the news of CBC was fake , I've previously stated I found the whole idea of fake news a little hard to explain as 2 reporters could write up 2 entirely different stories about the same event and who is to say which one is more accurate or claim one is fake news ?

but clearly the CBC has an anti trump bias , they were like obsessed with him during the election , anyone remember all the stories they did about him and such , obviously a left wing outlet like the CBC would have preferred for Hilary Clinton to have won , the CBC news anchors barely survived election night they were so traumatised

They fretted about Trump's racism, for example. They conjured up dark images about the future, including war. And his attitude towards women. And they blacked out any mention of Hillary's criminal past. What do you need to recognize fake news? They may not have started these stories, but they amplified them.

Trump is the LEAST ideological, most pragmatic Republican president since Eisenhower, and yet they promote the view that his election is somehow illegitimate.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

They fretted about Trump's racism, for example. They conjured up dark images about the future, including war. And his attitude towards women. And they blacked out any mention of Hillary's criminal past. What do you need to recognize fake news? They may not have started these stories, but they amplified them.

I see.

So....you got nothing. Glad you didn't disappoint .
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( we need proof that CNN is biased against trump ? read this piece of nonsense that was just published , )

Democratic Congressman John Yarmuth questions Trump's mental health

By Andrew Kaczynski, CNN

Updated 2:02 PM ET, Wed February 22, 2017

Story highlights
"He is demonstrating on a daily basis that he [is] totally unfit for the office he serves in," Yarmuth said.
"I'm not sure of his mental state, but I know that he doesn't portray someone who is in control of his facilities," he added.

(CNN) — Democratic Rep. John Yarmuth said Monday that he is unsure of Donald Trump's mental state -- but added that the President doesn't appear to be in control of himself.

"He is demonstrating on a daily basis that he [is] totally unfit for the office he serves in," Yarmuth, from Kentucky, said in a speech to a local chapter of the NAACP posted on YouTube this week. "He is, in my opinion, a dangerous president. I'm not sure of his mental state, but I know that he doesn't portray someone who is in control of his facilities."

Yarmuth said he found it "really disturbing" from his perspective that Trump didn't think of the consequences of his actions and that the people around him that he listens to don't have any sense of what's going on.

"He doesn't seem to care what happens once the applause stops, he seems to be in it totally for the applause, and that's what somebody with his ego and narcissism would be," Yarmuth said, adding that "leaders from around the world are totally freaked out."

However, Yarmuth added that Trump has yet to commit an impeachable offense.

"I have no idea, I don't think he's committed an impeachable offense yet -- at least that we know about yet," but said bookmakers had the odds at 50/50.

If Mike Pence were to take over as president, "from a policy perspective it would be worse, from a sanity prospective it would be better," Yarmuth said.

"And right now I would vote for sanity over policy."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/.....d=34776697

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: