Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
As the 2018 election has been moved to June from October, the window for the OLP to select a new leader should the Premier resign is closing.

The last time the OLP saw a lead in a non-Ipsos Reid poll was April 26, 2015, and even that poll is bookended with polls that show a PC lead going back to February 27, 2015.

We are talking almost two years where the OLP has been fighting to stay in second rather than first.

Granted Working Families Ontario is yet to flood the airwaves painting Patrick Brown as a Pro Choice, Alt Right, Corporate Shill or whatever non-sense they will try to go with, but even with that factor its surprising that there isn't at least some discussion about replacing the Premier?

I agree the window for them to select a new leader is closing

the new electoral financing law as I remember restricts third party advertising so the union group won't be able to run as many ads in the next election if any , so wynne doesn't even have that to count on

its been some time since Wynne has lead in a poll province wide or her personal approval rating above even 20 %
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
RCO wrote:
A year of reckoning for Brown, Horwath: Hepburn

Second, he’s fighting a rearguard action against aggressive social conservatives within the party who backed his 2015 leadership bid, but now feel he has betrayed them by announcing he has intention of rolling back abortion rights, gay marriage or the new sex ed curriculum.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2017/01/05/a-year-of-reckoning-for-brown-horwath-hepburn.html

I am not sure if this is just the Toronto Star being the Toronto Star,
But are either Abortion or Same Sex Marriage within the domain of the Province to override? Both have historically and almost exclusively been the realm of the Federal Government have they not?

my understanding is well there was some legitimate campaigning against the new sex ed curriculum from the pc's there has never been any intentions to re open or campaign against any social issues and to say otherwise is purely fictional , the caucus overall with a few exceptions is pretty socially moderate and a few even appeared at the past price parade ,
I just don't see this group wanting to focus on such issues , this is a purely created story from the liberal Toronto star and wynne's office itself I would suspect , expect her to get very desperate in the days and months ahead , sure she was successful in the past but that doesn't mean anything in 2017
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Brown is an unknown entity. He can grow into his role and turn the tide.

However, as i said, if an election was tomorrow she'd get back in.

Hudak should have beat her. It was the time to win. He didnt.

Brown isnt the guy...........yet. And given the short leash of elections (not the 2 year fiasco soulth of here) he better get on it.

I'd be fascinated to know the logic behind this analysis. is there any?
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Toronto Centre wrote:
Brown is an unknown entity. He can grow into his role and turn the tide.

However, as i said, if an election was tomorrow she'd get back in.

Hudak should have beat her. It was the time to win. He didnt.

Brown isnt the guy...........yet. And given the short leash of elections (not the 2 year fiasco soulth of here) he better get on it.

I think if the election were held today it end rather badly for wynne , her only hope is time oddly enough , the election isn't till june 2018 and things could change or such by then but if it held today she'd lose for sure

the liberals are way over represented in the 905 GTA an area where there support has gone way down since 2014 and hold many soft liberal ridings that had historically been pc like Durham , Burlington , Barrie , Newmarket Aurora and Halton , I couldn't see how they possibly do as well in that region this time around , there support is way down and pc's way up in that area of province
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
RCO wrote:
A year of reckoning for Brown, Horwath: Hepburn

Second, he’s fighting a rearguard action against aggressive social conservatives within the party who backed his 2015 leadership bid, but now feel he has betrayed them by announcing he has intention of rolling back abortion rights, gay marriage or the new sex ed curriculum.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2017/01/05/a-year-of-reckoning-for-brown-horwath-hepburn.html

I am not sure if this is just the Toronto Star being the Toronto Star,
But are either Abortion or Same Sex Marriage within the domain of the Province to override? Both have historically and almost exclusively been the realm of the Federal Government have they not?

my understanding is well there was some legitimate campaigning against the new sex ed curriculum from the pc's there has never been any intentions to re open or campaign against any social issues and to say otherwise is purely fictional , the caucus overall with a few exceptions is pretty socially moderate and a few even appeared at the past price parade ,
I just don't see this group wanting to focus on such issues , this is a purely created story from the liberal Toronto star and wynne's office itself I would suspect , expect her to get very desperate in the days and months ahead , sure she was successful in the past but that doesn't mean anything in 2017

The Sex Ed Curriculum is another matter all together;
That is within the Provinces realm.

However the article implies that Abortion and Same Sex Marriage are as well, my understanding is they are not.
Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of you know what the new sex education curriculum is attempting to achieve?

Do you know what, specifically, was wrong or outdated about the old sex education curriculum?

I'll bet you don't.

Nowadays, if you believe your teachers, there are boys who don't have penises and girls who do. The world has to be made a comfortable place for these people.

You don't believe me because you think it's too outlandish to be true.

Show me that it's worth splitting the party, and another Wynne term, so you can pretend to be sophisticated by not associating yourself with people with a religious faith. Leave them unrepresented, they can form their own party. Brilliant!

Back to the seach committee discussion!
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:

His continual stumbles for one. (see Sex ed to start)

His lack of another life.

But with each passing day and each passing FU...he could and should win if he can get out and let people see who he really is.
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
Do any of you know what the new sex education curriculum is attempting to achieve?

Umm....teach sex ed to youngins' ?
Quote:

Do you know what, specifically, was wrong or outdated about the old sex education curriculum?

Apart from most of it? The last revision was 1998 IIRC.

In that time....cyber bullying , the rise of gender disphoria ,sexting are all more pronounced than they were.

Nothing wrong with teaching kids whats out there and how to deal with it.

Quote:

Nowadays, if you believe your teachers, there are boys who don't have penises and girls who do. The world has to be made a comfortable place for these people.

:roll:

Got something to back you up? Or can we just move on from this hogwash fantasy of yours?
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:

His continual stumbles for one. (see Sex ed to start)

His lack of another life.

But with each passing day and each passing FU...he could and should win if he can get out and let people see who he really is.

but the main reason Wynne won last time was the election was extremely anti conservative , there was the $million dollars spent by the unions on anti hudak ads , hudaks own weak and poor campaign that failed to connect with people and a conservative government federally that was unpopular among liberal and ndp voters , all leading to a very anti conservative election that year

those factors aren't going to be in play in 2018 , there is now a liberal government federally and often when that is the case Ontario elects conservative governments provincially , the union ads are going to be restricted and might not even be allowed under the new rules for campaign financing recently brought in .

I don't see the fact Brown is single and not married being a huge political issue ? if that's all people have to worry about I'd really wonder . but I do agree he could mingle and meet with more average Ontario voters .
the people he is meeting with now strike me as more local pc supporters , specific ethnic groups and special interest groups , but not necessary average people
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if the Unions were told to save their money. I dont like big political blocks forming strategy's at their members expense.

That last election was fine for him until the 2M job slash and burn fiasco and the moribund NDP campaign relegated them both to the scrap pile.

The Fed PC were losing any grip they ever had on the province (generally thats the way it works) and people wanted something else.

But then again.....McGuinty handed the reigns to Wynne, she apologized and all was good in the eyes of the electorate. How Ont doesnt see how bad they are/were is beyond me.

Although she did make some decent ideas known, it was a bit to smoke and mirror-ish.

I trust the people will be smarter, way more smarter the next time.

I have read too many times about the lack of info on Brown. Is he straight? Gay? Really weird in a not so good way?

He needs to be seen w a SO....put the rumours to bed. I am not sure why people need to see it but I think they do.

I cant see how he loses unless he doesnt make it to the post and is ousted.
RCO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
It would be great if the Unions were told to save their money. I dont like big political blocks forming strategy's at their members expense.

That last election was fine for him until the 2M job slash and burn fiasco and the moribund NDP campaign relegated them both to the scrap pile.

The Fed PC were losing any grip they ever had on the province (generally thats the way it works) and people wanted something else.

But then again.....McGuinty handed the reigns to Wynne, she apologized and all was good in the eyes of the electorate. How Ont doesnt see how bad they are/were is beyond me.

Although she did make some decent ideas known, it was a bit to smoke and mirror-ish.

I trust the people will be smarter, way more smarter the next time.

I have read too many times about the lack of info on Brown. Is he straight? Gay? Really weird in a not so good way?

He needs to be seen w a SO....put the rumours to bed. I am not sure why people need to see it but I think they do.

I cant see how he loses unless he doesnt make it to the post and is ousted.

from what I know about Brown and this is from my personal experience when I happened to be in barrie a few times during the 2006 election when he first ran , was that he did have a girlfriend , I'm 99% sure of that , I remember seeing her in the campaign office with him when I was there .
she was an attractive young women , I don't know what happened to her , I just assumed the reality of him being in Ottawa and her being in barrie proved to be too much which is often the case . but that's just my personal memory of back then
Bugs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
Bugs wrote:

Umm....teach sex ed to youngins' ?
NOPE. DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT SEX?
Quote:

Apart from most of it? The last revision was 1998 IIRC.

In that time....cyber bullying , the rise of gender disphoria ,sexting are all more pronounced than they were.

Nothing wrong with teaching kids whats out there and how to deal with it.

DID SEX CHANGE IN THE LAST 18 YEARS? WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ENGINEERING SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR BY CHANGING EXPECTATIONS. WHAT HAS SEX EDUCATION GOT TO DO WITH THE USE OF COMPUTERS? WHERE DID ALL THIS 'SEXUAL DYSPHORIA COME FROM, ALL OF A SUDDEN? AND WHY AREN'T THE PARENTS GETTING THE INFORMATION ABOUT IT, IN SPECIFICS?

Quote:

:roll:

Got something to back you up? Or can we just move on from this hogwash fantasy of yours?

DO YOU? YOU TALK ABOUT ALL THIS SEXUAL DYSPHORIA (EVEN THOUGH Y0U CAN'T SPELL IT) AND THEN YOU SAY THERE ARE NO GIRLS WITH PENISES AND BOYS WITHOUT. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU CAN PRETEND TO HOLD FORTH ON THE SUBJECT, GIVEN YOUR IGNORANCE. YOUR METROSEXUAL OPINIONS AREN'T FACTS, AND AREN'T BASED ON THE PROGRAMME BEING INTRODUCED. THE CHANGES DON'T SEEM TO BE PREPARING YOUNG PEOPLE FOR LIFE IN THE MAINSTREAM OF CANADIAN SOCIETY SO MUCH AS MAKING THEM VULNERABLE TO HOMOSEXUAL PREDATORS.

Just in case anyone is interested in what the medical experts have to say about sexual dysphoria, this report sums it up:

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/.....Gender.pdf
Toronto Centre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT SEX?

Not really. Neither do a lot of the parents. There is massive ignorance out there and it needs to be countered.

Educated society is the better option. Ever wonder why are teenage pregnancies are down and some southern states have high rates ?
Quote:
DID SEX CHANGE IN THE LAST 18 YEARS?

Lets see...not really. It is still much the same, just some aspects of it are more widely accepted as the norm.
Quote:

WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ENGINEERING SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR BY CHANGING EXPECTATIONS. WHAT HAS SEX EDUCATION GOT TO DO WITH THE USE OF COMPUTERS?

Do You mean roping in boys to become gay ?

Sex Ed and computers go hand in hand...(.did I just make a joke?)...insofar as kids and adults have their go to source . But as we well know, most kids need to be taught the whats whys and hows of sex and what is going on out there in the sexual world they inhabit.

Quote:

WHERE DID ALL THIS 'SEXUAL DYSPHORIA COME FROM, ALL OF A SUDDEN? AND WHY AREN'T THE PARENTS GETTING THE INFORMATION ABOUT IT, IN SPECIFICS?

Oh it didnt just come 'ALL OF A SUDDEN' , it was always there but very few knew it was normal, most likely just fought it inside mentally.
Society did not readily allow one to talk about it, for it to be accepted, allow it to be openly addressed.

I wonder , rhetorically of course, why Bell is sponsoring the Mental Health days and the talks they are advertising about. Maybe its due to social stigma and the person reticent to be open about issues of ones mind.

Take 'em behind the woodpile and put the switch to their backside ...right gramps?
SMH.
Quote:
DO YOU?

I figured you had no proof of anything. Thanks for not disappointing me .

Quote:
YOU TALK ABOUT ALL THIS SEXUAL DYSPHORIA (EVEN THOUGH Y0U CAN'T SPELL IT) AND THEN YOU SAY THERE ARE NO GIRLS WITH PENISES AND BOYS WITHOUT. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU CAN PRETEND TO HOLD FORTH ON THE SUBJECT, GIVEN YOUR IGNORANCE. YOUR METROSEXUAL OPINIONS AREN'T FACTS, AND AREN'T BASED ON THE PROGRAMME BEING INTRODUCED. THE CHANGES DON'T SEEM TO BE PREPARING YOUNG PEOPLE FOR LIFE IN THE MAINSTREAM OF CANADIAN SOCIETY SO MUCH AS MAKING THEM VULNERABLE TO HOMOSEXUAL PREDATORS.

Im thinking you are yelling because you are frustrated, lacking info, nothing to back you up, just sad really.

And.....here we have your whole point.

Teachers are grooming the kids to be homosexual sex partners .

Talk about ignorance . It is definitely one thing you have in spades.

I bet you think pedophiles are homo's too !
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This gets so foolish. The parents need sexual education as much as the kids do, according to TC. It may be true, when it comes to Latin words and the movement of atoms in the DNA molecule, but at a practical level, it's not the case. Parents were doing OK before the welfare state came in to take over family life.

Sexual educators are at pains to tell children that AIDS is not primarily radiating out from the homosexual community. The trouble is -- it is. They say anal sex is OK between consenting adults, as long as they wear a condom. It isn't.

Now they're saying one's inner being is somehow 'gendered' independently of their actual biological sex. In other words, some of the girls have penises in their inner being, and some of the boys do not. Is this the kind of thing that parents don't know? Particularly when people who research these things say it's something kids grow out of, most of the time.

This is the kind of thing that our resident liar wants to spread as normal, and all the gutless Conservatives are afraid to even talk about lest they be considered bigots. He makes assertions as if they were fact without producing any link. He's said there's Moslems are not responsible for a doubling and tripling of reported rapes in Norway and Sweden. As far as I can see, he's exactly what's wrong with the Liberal party, and why they have ruined Ontario economically. They have their heads full of fictions that they spend money on. They are fulfilling the upper-class twits' dreams of the way the world should be. Unicorns and rainbows.

Down on the ground, it's a little different. I am referring to the people that are born in Canada and worry about their job being for them next month. Their male children face ever-increasing discrimination ... in the labour market, in education, and no doubt with other government services. And now, their kids are being taught what is, in effect, the radical homosexual agenda, and there's nothing they can do about it.

These people are seldom "social conservatives" if what you mean they are religious zealots. They are the ordinary people, who still have the ordinary values however much the north Toronto thinks these are old-fashioned. You know, things like hard work gettng you somewhere, basic honesty, and taking care of your family.

TC makes it up. I have presented evidence. A huge proportion of those seeking sex-reassignment surgery and hormones have personality disorders, and a very high proportion of them commit suicide. Yet that's what the new sex education program is encouraging. Don't ever think these couses are simply transmitting information -- if they did, they'd tell kids that homosexuality has a lot of bad health consequences, and that anyone drinking almond milk shouldn't be letting strangers stick their dicks up their rectums if health is their concern. Instead they say everything is OK as long as they use condoms.

The truth is that male homosexuality -- at its core -- eroticizes degredation and power. It isn't about "love" in the heterosexual sense at all. It's about whips and chains, and sado-masochism. The third most common practice of male homosexuals involves being pissed on.

And if you criticize this, you are held up as having a kind of mental disease, called homophobia.

Check it out -- see what toilet facilities your local high school is making to accomodate the 'growing number' of transgendered people that are suddenly just popping up. The natually occurring rate of the occurance of medical sexual dysphoria is 0.6%. Why don't they put just put a urinal in the girls toilets? Wouldn't that be enough?

This is how social engineering works. It changes atttitudes and expectations, and uses passing and failing as an incentive. When students get out, those with an ounce of critical thought quickly learn to muzzle themselves lest the chorus of the politically correct come down on them with charges of non-conformity.

It's going to do a lot of people a lot of damage, and it's hard to see how any of it has anything whatever to do with preparing students to prosper in their later lives.

Which brings us to the dismissal that you folks seem to be giving to social conservatives. You'd rather four more years of Wynne to letting social conservatives into your electoral coalition. Not smart. Not moral. Not good parenting. And certainly not conservative.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS -- I guess I should respond to TCs charges. I do present links to studies to support my points. The reader has already encountered them. I use capital letters not because I am yelling but because I am trying to distinguish my comments from TCs. That simple.

As for a link to factual material, I repeat myself.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/.....Gender.pdf

http://www.conservapedia.com/Gay_bowel_syndrome

It may not be the case that the

And if you want to know about true paedophiles, there are both homosexual and heterosexual paedophiles. There is also about equal numbers of males and females who are paedophiles. True male homosexual paedophiles are not interested in 14 year old boys. They are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children, and are turned off by adolescents.

Female paedophiles often abuse their own children, and nobody knows.

The people that homosexuals call 'pedophiles' and dissociate themselves from are the ones the cruise high schools and become Boy Scout leaders -- they aren't really paedophiles at all, they are just homosexuals with a taste for young teenaged boys.

The male heterosexual paedophiles are the ones that kidnap little girls and kill them, probably the worst of them all.

So I know more about this stuff than you do, TC. I also know that the deputy minister of education has served penitentiary for sex crimes, and that our premier is an open lesbian, and he was her deputy minister when she was the Minister of Education.

It's time for you to come clean about your sexuality, TC. Your whole line is the homosexual agenda regurgitated. How about it, TC? Do you have an interest in this battle.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next  

Jump to: