Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alberta PC board meets to chart next steps on Kenney's unity plan

Wildrose Leader Brian Jean says any talk of union will be done under Wildrose rules

The Canadian Press

Sunday, March 19th, 2017

CALGRY, Alta. – Alberta’s Progressive Conservative board of directors will meet with leader Jason Kenney today to map out a plan to work out a merger with the Wildrose party.

Party president Katherine O’Neill says there is a lot of work to do and very little time to do it.

Kenney won the party leadership Saturday, capturing 75 per cent of delegate votes, on a plan to dissolve the PCs.

Under Alberta rules, parties can’t merge but must close up shop and surrender assets.

Kenney says a merger is critical to avoid fatal vote splitting among small-c conservatives in the 2019 election.

Kenney says he wants a merger vote with no pre-conditions, but Wildrose Leader Brian Jean says any talk of union will be done under Wildrose rules and governing framework.

http://ipolitics.ca/2017/03/19.....nity-plan/
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( some of the old alberta pc's are not happy that Kenny won and one went as far as to donate his riding association money to charity )

Lukaszuk walks away from PC Alberta party

Edmonton, Alberta / 630 CHED - Edmonton Breaking News, Traffic, Weather and Sports Radio Station

Thomas Dias

Posted: March 20, 2017 04:03 am

| Last Updated: March 20, 2017 05:21 am

Lukaszuk walks away from PC Alberta party
After losing his Edmonton-Castle Downs seat to the NDP in the last provincial election, former deputy premier Thomas Lukaszuk wants nothing to do with the new leader and direction of the PC Alberta party.

As such, Lukaszuk has given the remaining political donations he received from supporters to charity, rather than Jason Kenny.

“When you have a situation where you have an individual infiltrating a political party with hundreds of federal Conservative party supporters and hundreds of Wildrose supporters, the odds of a candidate or candidates who are purely running on support from the PC party prevailing is next to none,” explained Lukaszuk.

He said you could feel the change in the wind as he spoke with former premier Ed Stelmach at the party’s weekend convention in Calgary.

“And I said, do you recognize half of the people here on the convention floor and his answer was exactly the same as mine was, no.”

Lukaszuk said he had not missed a convention in thirty-one years, and he did not like the way the wind was blowing.

“People always have known that I was very much pro social issues, and LGBTQ issues, and immigration issues, and low income benefit issues and the list goes on and on. Simply, it’s abundantly obvious that the new reincarnation of the PC party will not be that.”

Lukaszuk said the board of the PC Association of Edmonton-Castle Downs agreed with his decision to give the money to charity, along with some of his larger donors.

“The message was loud and clear, no I don’t support this new reincarnation. And frankly, some of them said if I wanted to donate money to the Wildrose I would have. I didn’t. I gave it to you Thomas, because I believed in what your party and you stood for at that time.”

Lukaszuk said he cleared it with Elections Alberta, and the remaining $27,000 he had in campaign donations has gone to four different Edmonton charities, including the Stollery Children’s Hospital.

“And I frankly would suggest that a majority of Alberta Progressive Conservative constituency associations should, at least, give this a consideration.”

Lukaszuk added he believes most Albertans are somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum between the NDP and “Jason Kenny with his new Conservative party of Alberta.”

“Parties should not be winning elections by simply destroying other parties and by limiting the options to the electorate. I believe that a third option must be given to Albertans that is neither NDP nor the Jason Kenny Conservatives; and that is something that I will be focusing on moving forward.” (ms/km/td)

http://www.630ched.com/2017/03.....rta-party/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

Jump to: