Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
RCO wrote:

LOS ANGELES -- A day after Donald Trump's election to the presidency, campaign divisions appeared to widen as many thousands of demonstrators -- some with signs with messages declaring "NOT MY PRESIDENT" -- flooded streets across the country to protest his surprise triumph.

Democracy is the best thing ever till you don't get the result that you want.

I'm starting to understand why there was " hidden or secret " trump voters who didn't make there choice known to pollsters or family and friends .

considering how over the top and angry the anti trump people have been , could you imagine being a trump supporter with a trump sign on your lawn in a heavily black or Hispanic area in the US when everyone else was voting for Clinton ? its no wonder some of these people kept quiet and didn't tell a lot of people who they were voting for

there is even a video on the rebel today where a trump supporter is beat on the streets of Chicago by a gang of thugs who constantly yell that he shouldn't of voted for trump , even the democrats need to come out and say stuff like this is illegal and uncalled for , you can't beat someone on the street just cause they didn't vote for your candidate

http://www.therebel.media/dist.....p_of_thugs
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( anti trump protests have continued for a 3rd night , its really over the top , but not entirely surprising as the left didn't like trump and will protest a lot during his term ,th fact that one of the protests turned into a riot is very disturbing )

Anti-Trump protesters march for 3rd night; Portland police call it a 'riot'

(CNN) — Thousands protesting Donald Trump's victory in the presidential election took to the streets for a third night of demonstrations and vigils in several US cities.

An anti-Trump rally in Portland, Oregon, revved up as protesters confronted police Thursday night. What started out as a peaceful march, with more than 4,000 people, quickly turned violent.

Over the course of the evening, "anarchists" in the crowd threw objects at officers, vandalized local businesses and damaged cars, Portland Police Sgt. Pete Simpson said.

Protesters marched through Portland's streets Thursday night.

Protesters marched through Portland's streets Thursday night.

Police publicly declared a "riot" due to "extensive criminal and dangerous behavior" and called the protest "unlawful," according to posts on the department's Twitter page.

The crowd was dispersed using "less lethal munitions" and at least 26 protesters were arrested, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/.....index.html
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump fires back at protesters: 'Very unfair!'

Robert Jablon And Andrew Dalton, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

First posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:31 AM EST | Updated: Friday, November 11, 2016 01:23 AM EST

LOS ANGELES — President-elect Donald Trump fired back on social media after demonstrators in both red and blue states hit the streets for another round of protests, showing outrage over the Republican’s unexpected win.

Demonstrations occurred from Portland, Oregon, to Chicago, to New York and parts in between and each typically drew a few hundred people, less than the thousands that gathered in various protests that surged after it became clear Trump had won Tuesday’s election.

Late Thursday night, Trump went on Twitter to take on the protesters. Trump tweets: “Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!”

High-spirited high school students marched through San Francisco’s downtown, chanting “not my president” and holding signs urging a Donald Trump eviction. They waved rainbow banners and Mexican flags, as bystanders in the heavily Democratic city high-fived the marchers from the sidelines.

“As a white, queer person, we need unity with people of colour, we need to stand up,” said Claire Bye, a 15-year-old sophomore at Academy High School. “I’m fighting for my rights as an LGBTQ person. I’m fighting for the rights of brown people, black people, Muslim people.”

In New York City, a large group of demonstrators once again gathered outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue Thursday night. They chanted angry slogans and waved banners baring anti-Trump messages.

“You got everything straight up and down the line,” demonstrator David Thomas said. “You got climate change, you got the Iran deal. You got gay rights, you got mass deportations. Just everything, straight up and down the line, the guy is wrong on every issue.”

Protesters briefly shut down interstate highways in Minneapolis and Portland, Oregon. In Philadelphia, protesters near City Hall held signs bearing slogans like “Not Our President,” ”Trans Against Trump“ and ”Make America Safe For All.“ About 500 people turned out at a protest in Louisville, Kentucky and in Baltimore, hundreds of people marched to the stadium where the Ravens were playing a football game.

Hundreds of protesters demonstrated outside Trump Tower in Chicago and a growing group was getting into some shoving matches with police in Oakland, California.

Another protest was building in Los Angeles, where 28 people were arrested Wednesday for blocking traffic during a demonstration that also saw vandalism to some buildings and a news truck.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, a Democrat, condemned what he called a “very, very small group of people” that caused problems in that demonstration but said he was proud of the thousands more that peacefully protested.

“I actually thought it was a beautiful expression of democracy. I think it was a marvelous thing to see the next generation of this country get engaged and involved,” he said at a news conference, adding that at one time in his life he might have joined them.

As expected, the demonstrations prompted some social media blowback from Trump supporters accusing protesters of sour grapes or worse, though there were no significant counter-protests.

Trump supporters said the protesters were not respecting the democratic process.

As of Thursday, Democrat Hillary Clinton was leading Trump in votes nationwide 47.7 per cent to 47.5 per cent, but Trump secured victory in the Electoral College.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016.....-across-us
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 most amazing findings in U.S. election exit poll

Chris Cillizza, The Washington Post

First posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 01:31 PM EST | Updated: Thursday, November 10, 2016 01:37 PM EST

It's been 36 hours (or so) since we were all witnesses to the biggest political upset in presidential history.

As President-elect Donald Trump and President Barack Obama huddled in Washington on Thursday, and as the gears of the incoming government begin to grind in earnest, I'm still totally captivated by the "how" of this election.

How did this happen and what can we learn about ourselves and the country as a result?

The best way to do that - still - is the exit poll, the national survey of voters that gives us a portrait of who we are and what we believe. As you might expect in an election this historic, there are lots and lots of remarkable - and remarkably contradictory - findings in the exits. My take-aways - offered only in the order I came up with them - are below.

(A caveat: When you talk about slicing and dicing exit polls, you are, at times, dealing with very small numbers of actual people on which broad conclusions are based. Consider that as you go through these numbers.)

1. Trump won the white vote by a record margin

In 1984, Ronald Reagan won the white vote by 20 points on his way to a 525 electoral vote smashing of Walter Mondale. Mitt Romney matched that 20-point victory in 2012 while losing relatively convincingly to Obama. On Tuesday, Trump one-upped them both - literally. He won the white vote 58 percent to 37 percent.

The white vote also continued its decline as a percentage of the overall voter pool. In 1984, whites made up 86 percent of the total electorate. That number was 72 percent in 2012. And 70 percent in 2016.

2. There was no surge of female voters

For all of the talk that Trump's comments about women - and the allegations of sexual assault made against him by a dozen women - would mean historic turnout among female voters (and a historic margin of defeat for Trump), it simply never materialized.

Women made up 52 percent of the overall electorate in 2016 - down from 53 percent in 2012. And Hillary Clinton's 12-point margin over Trump among women was pretty darn close to the 11-point win among women that Obama claimed over Romney four years ago.

3. There was no surge of Latino voters

Trump built his campaign on a pledge to build a wall on our Southern border and make Mexico pay for it. He suggested during the campaign that a judge of Mexican descent might not be able to rule fairly in a case involving Trump University. He said that Mexico was sending "criminals" and "rapists" to the United States.

All of that led to predictions of historically high Hispanic turnout, with many predicting that 2016 would be the election that Latinos emerge as the electoral force that their population numbers suggest they should be.

It just didn't happen.

In 2012, Hispanics made up 10 percent of the overall electorate. That bumped up, marginally, to 11 percent in 2016. And, far more interestingly, Trump actually performed better among Hispanics than Romney did - 29 percent to 27 percent. More tellingly, Clinton underperformed Obama's 2012 showing among Hispanics by six points (71 percent for Obama, 65 percent for Clinton), an underperformance that allowed Trump's slight overperformance among white voters to matter more.

4. Education level mattered hugely in your vote choice

In 2012, Obama won both voters who had graduated from college and those who hadn't; he took 50 percent among the former group and 51 percent among the latter. This time around, there was a far bigger divide. Clinton won voters with a college degree 52 percent to 43 percent. Trump won voters without a college degree by eight points.

Also, contrary to some of the conventional wisdom out there about the 2016 voter, this was a more highly educated electorate than in 2012. It split evenly - 50 percent for each - between college grads and non-college grads. Four years ago, 53 percent of the electorate was non-college grads as compared to 47 percent who had a college degree.

5. Trump did better with white evangelicals than Romney

Trump didn't do much to court white evangelical voters. And his personal story - three marriages, two divorces - doesn't seem like one that many evangelicals could or would identify with. But Trump actually did better among white evangelicals than Romney had in 2012; Trump won 81 percent of "white evangelical or white born-again Christians" while Romney took 78 percent. (White evangelicals made up 26 percent of the electorate in both elections.)

How to explain it? One theory is that as a Mormon, Romney was always viewed skeptically by evangelical whites. Another is that with social issues on the wane as voting issues, white evangelicals acted more tribally; they're an overwhelmingly Republican bloc and voted like it. Or maybe Trump's antiabortion stance - and Clinton's support of abortion rights - was enough.

6. Trump didn't brings lots of new voters to the process

Just 10 percent of voters said that the 2016 election was their first time voting. Of that group, Clinton won 56 percent to 40 percent over Trump. Of course, new voters often overlap with younger voters who are eligible to vote for the first time; Clinton won among 18- to 24-year-olds by 21 points.

7. The economy was the big issue - and Clinton won it

A majority (52 percent) of voters said the economy was the most important issue facing the country. (Voters were given a choice of four issues; "terrorism" was the second most commonly named "important" issue, with 18 percent choosing it.) Among those economy voters, Clinton beat Trump by 10 points.

Scratching your head yet? More below - but this is one of several findings in the exit poll that suggest people weren't voting on issues. Like, at all.

8. This was a change election. And Trump was the change candidate.

To me, this is the single most important number in the exit poll in understanding what voters were thinking when they chose Trump. Provided with four candidate qualities and asked which mattered most to their vote, almost 4 in 10 (39 percent) said a candidate who "can bring needed change." (A candidate who "has the right experience" was the second most important character trait.) Among those change voters, Trump took 83 percent of the vote to just 14 percent for Clinton.

The desire for change appears to be at the root of the choice lots and lots of voters made. And Trump was change while Clinton was more of the same.

9. Obamacare was a wind beneath Trump's wings

The late October announcement that the average premium for people in the federal insurance exchange of the Affordable Care Act would rise by an average of 25 percent landed like a lead balloon on a not-insignificant portion of the electorate.

Almost half of the electorate (47 percent) said they thought Obamacare "went too far." Trump beat Clinton 83 percent to 13 percent among that group.

10. Trump's personal image was and is horrible

Trump's victory should be in no way interpreted as a vote of confidence in him or his capacity to do the job. Less than 4 in 10 voters (38 percent) had a favorable opinion of him. Only 1 in 3 said he was "honest and trustworthy." Thirty-eight percent said he was "qualified" to be president. Thirty-five percent said he has the "temperament to serve effectively as president."

How can a candidate win with numbers like these? Because the desire for change was so great that it overrode all of the doubts - or at least many of the doubts - people had about Trump.

11. Clinton's email hurt her

Democrats spent the entire election - and the two days since the election! - insisting that Clinton's decision to exclusively use a private email server as secretary of state was a nonissue. Turns out they were wrong. Almost two-thirds of Americans (63 percent) said that Clinton's "use of private email" bothered them "a lot" or "some." Among that group, Trump won 70 percent to 24 percent.

12. This was a deeply pessimistic electorate

Just 1 in 3 voters said they thought the country was "generally going in the right direction." Clinton won 90 percent of that group. But, among the two-thirds of people who said things were "seriously off on the wrong track," Trump took 69 percent.

Again, "change versus more of the same" as the dominant theme of the election. And evidence that Trump's willingness to say, "Yeah, things suck now ... but I will fix them" was a genius strategic decision.

13. People didn't think Trump lost the debates as badly as I did

I named Clinton the winner in each of three presidential debates - and I didn't think any of the three were particularly close. Lots of people who voted Tuesday did not agree with me. Among the 64 percent who said the debates were an "important" part of their vote for president, Clinton won by a narrow 50 percent to 47 percent margin over Trump. Of the 82 percent of people who said the debates were a "factor" in their decision for president, Trump took 50 percent to 47 percent for Clinton.

- Chris Cillizza writes “The Fix,” a politics blog for the Washington Post. He also covers the White House.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016.....-exit-poll
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( disgusting an 11 year old boy in Houston texas was beaten for voting trump in the school's mock election , seriously what is wrong with the education system to teach kids that its ok to takes things to such an extreme cause you disagree with there personal views )

11-Year-Old Boy Beaten for Voting Trump in His School's Mock Election

Daniel Pickert | 48 minutes ago

An 11-year-old student at Stafford Elementary in Texas was violently assaulted Thursday after telling his peers he voted for Donald Trump in the school’s mock election.

Fox 26 Houston reports a group of boys asked the classroom, “Who voted for Donald Trump?”

The boy replied, “I did.”

“And then they come over here and jerked me out of my seat,” the boy told the reporter. “Before I could get up they started kicking me and punching me.”

The boy, whose name is being kept private because he's a minor, is now in crutches and says when he was on the ground, it “felt like it was forever.” The boy added there was a teacher in the room at the time.

“Why did it take so long for it to be stopped?” Buddy Lemmons, the boy’s father, wants to know. “I know we’ve been very opinionated on this election, but one thing, I’ve never said anything to the point where I would incite violence. My son doesn’t have a mean bone in his body.”

The boy’s family is afraid for him to return to school.

“This is America,” his mother, Mary Lemmons, tearfully said. “Everybody has the right to their own opinion, and they shouldn’t be beat up for it.” She says her son has deep bruises throughout his body.

This is just the latest incident in a series of violence against Trump supporters. Yesterday, I reported on a man who was beaten outside of his car as people filming chanted, “You voted Trump! You shouldn’t have voted Trump!”

View the report on the injured 11-year-old boy from Stafford Elementary below, via Fox 26 Houston:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politics | Fri Nov 11, 2016 | 1:33pm EST

A discontented Michigan town: America should have seen Trump coming

By Jonathan Allen | ALGONAC, Mich.

Back in April, there were already early signs in this quiet Michigan town of the rural American discontent that helped propel Donald Trump to election victory, even if it was underestimated by the Washington establishment, pollsters and Hillary Clinton's campaign.

On a return visit after Tuesday's election, Reuters found that many of Algonac's 4,000 residents were jubilant that Trump had captured the White House, although there were also echoes of what some people said seven months ago: that he is an uncertain, high-stakes gamble.

But the bare fact of his success drew only shrugs: Who else did city folks really expect would win?

Reuters first visited this town on a bend of the St. Clair River in April after results from the Republican and Democratic parties' primary elections suggested it might be a hotbed of the dissatisfaction with the status quo that would become a dominant force by November. (reut.rs/2fAVJQY)

It was a town in a county in a state that all disproportionately turned out in the primaries for the unexpected outsider candidates: the Republican Trump, a rich real-estate developer and television star who had never held political office; and democratic socialist Bernie Sanders, a U.S. senator from Vermont who had emerged as Clinton's closest rival for the Democratic Party nomination.

Trump went on to win his party's nomination, while Sanders was beaten by Clinton.

Even though they came at the problem from very different perspectives, both men had fired up a town that was in a sour mood, striking a chord with their talk of a rigged economic system and their loud disgust at the decline of American manufacturing.

Algonac leans Republican, and, on both visits, it took no time at all to find Trump fans, and only a little longer to find Sanders fans. But it took days of asking around to find someone with a warm word for Clinton. On Tuesday, the vote in Algonac was 68 percent for Trump, 27 percent for Clinton.

STRUGGLING REGION

Residents of Algonac can easily list the relatives and neighbors who have struggled with the painful decline of manufacturing or who were forced to move after auto factories with well paid union jobs an hour away in the Detroit area shut down or moved abroad.

Older residents recall decades back when Algonac was still a proud self-sufficient manufacturing hub, employing scores of locals at the Chris-Craft factory, which turned out photogenic wooden boats that remain prized by wealthy collectors.

Pete Beauregard has turned the factory into a harbor club where the town's summer visitors stow their boats.

"The rural area is going to want to be heard," he said, delighting in Trump's victory.

Up the road, Jay DeBoyer was in a dive bar he had worked in as a younger man, drinking an afternoon glass of water and dressed in a suit he had worn to deliver St. Clair County's final elections results to the courthouse in his role as county clerk.

"The center of the country is what put Donald Trump in office," he said.

"If the economy's okay, they shut their mouths and go to work," he said, describing the sort of people who live in places like Algonac, where 97 percent of residents are white.

"But if you start to smack them, when you start telling the guys working in a coal mine in West Virginia, 'For the good of the country, we're going to put you out of a job, for the good of cleaner air we're going to put you out of a job,' then you start to create a constituency of people that fall into a category of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'"

CRUDE TERMS FOR CLINTON

Mentioning Clinton, a former secretary of state, U.S. senator and first lady, tended to draw scorn among Algonac residents in April, even among some Democrats who said they viewed her as untrustworthy.

Her election loss and emotional concession speech this week appeared not to soften this, with some expressing their ill-feeling in crude terms.

"Trump That Bitch," reads a tall wooden sign alongside the main road into town, evoking a familiar anti-Clinton slogan among Trump fans.

Seeing it being photographed, Paul Paulus, 73, wandered out from the building where he was regreasing old tractors to boast he had built it entirely himself.

Some of his neighbors, particularly women, had told Reuters on both visits that, even if they disliked Clinton, they despaired at the insults and coarse language that Trump and his fans had reveled in. Paulus described his victory over such qualms.

"They had tried to get the township to take it down," he said, smiling at the memory of the fight as he looked up at his sign. "But the township said it's not coming down as 'bitch' is not a bad word. It's a female dog."

Jan Evans, a devout 64-year-old Christian who runs a store making slogan t-shirts for the local schools' sports teams, said she thought there were better ways to talk about people. But she sympathized with the sort of anxiety that moved people to support Trump.

She recently learned that her monthly health insurance premiums under Obamacare, a healthcare law that Trump has said he will repeal and replace, would go from $120 to $357. But she worried that Trump's victory would not help, either; she did not know what his healthcare plans were as he has not given details.

She said that when she voted, she filled out down-ballot lines for local and state elections and left the presidential vote until the end to give her more time to think.

"Neither one really deserved it," she said of Clinton and Trump. Her pen hovered for quite a while, but she declined to say where on the ballot it landed.

"Everybody, they're a little bit frightened, they're hopeful, they know we need change," she said of Trump's victory. "But this is the change?"

http://www.reuters.com/article.....ium=Social

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  

Jump to: