Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Globull Warming - And you though the CBC was bad. Reply with quote

'I've been banned by the BBC!': Ex-Chancellor Lord Lawson, a passionate climate change sceptic, accuses BBC bosses of silencing debate on global warming

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/deb.....rming.html
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
,,, despite the fact that I had written a thoroughly well-documented book about global warming (An Appeal To Reason), which happily became something of a best-seller, and the following year founded a think-tank, the Global Warming Policy Foundation (which is advised by a number of eminent scientists), I was never invited on Today to discuss any aspect of climate change.

That was until earlier this year, when I was asked on to discuss the recent bad weather, which had caused widespread flooding in parts of England, the extent to which this may have been connected with man-made climate change, and what should be done about it.

My opposite number was the scientist Sir Brian Hoskins. It was an appropriate pairing, since Sir Brian is no remote and unworldly academic: he is chairman of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change, a lavishly-funded alarmist pressure group, and a member of the Government-appointed Climate Change Committee, which exists chiefly to promote the abandonment of fossil fuels (coal, oil and gas) by the UK.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/deb.....z36ygFg8hT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Don't think the CBC is any better. They all give us increasingly censored facts. Sometimes they make them up.
queenmandy85

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what there is to debate. Carbon dioxide and other GH gases inhibit re-radiation of energy. Decrease the level of CO2 in the atmosphere and more energy is re-radiated. Increase the CO2 content and more energy is retained in the atmosphere. This is an experiment you can perform in any undergraduate physics lab. The results are predictable and measurable.
The difficulty is predicting how that affects the earth's climate in the short term. There are too many variables.However, as CO2 levels increase, less energy is re-radiated. Ergo, the earth's atmosphere will get warmer.
Pissedoff

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This debate queenmandy is about censorship, not whether globull warming exists or not, by taxpayer funded state media.
queenmandy85

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the public broadcaster had to put any idiot with a harebrained idea on the air, I would be on TV more often than Peter Mansbridge.
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carbon dioxide is at best a weak GH gas, almost on the borderline of the definition. (The most effective greenhouse gas is water vapour!)

The simple fact is that there has been no global warming for almost 20 years.

That, combined with the other fact that whatever limitations we put on ourselves will be almost immediately cancelled by what China and India are doing, makes all of this quixotic without evidence that there actually is some global warming.

That doesn't mean that it isn't a good idea to stop putting hot carbon atoms into the atmosphere. But, thanks to all the focus on fictive global warming (particularly in the media) there is no public opinion pressure on politicians to clean up the declining air quality in urban metropolises. And that air is terrible. A simple test: examine the shadows on a sunny day. Their edges are almost certain to be fuzzy. When I was a kid, lo those many years ago, those edges were sharp as a knife edge. The fuzziness is a measure of air pollution.

Jump to: