Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Underground Empire in China Reply with quote

Foreign Affairs is one of my major interests, particularly what is happening in Asia, the Far East, specifically China. I have written and posted several comments with factual links on my weblog www.onwardjames.blogspot.com. One just has to type in one word in the searchbox then scroll for some input. It seems many in Taiwan read the comments. I hope they understand and appreciate sarcasm, yet seriousness.

This latest input about China intrigues me. The Chinese have built 3000 miles of tunnels for arsenals and security. Mao started during his regime phase; the beginning of an underground empire. Tunnels are a history of China. At present, evidently, the 2nd Artillary Corps, of the People's Liberation Army, are building tunnels.

The democratic nations thought there were about 300 to 400 nuclear weapons. But why so many connected tunnels? A home in case there is an attack? Pundits think that they have many more arsenals, in the thousands.

They found this out when an earthquake collapse exposed concrete, the kind which indicated tunnels.

I heard this on one of my favourtie Ameriucan Talk Radio programs, John Batchelor of 770AM WABC.

What’s Down There? China’s Tunnels and Nuclear Capabilities
http://blog.heritage.org/2011/.....abilities/

China expands nuke stockpile...
http://www.teaparty.org/article.php?id=1228
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China’s Underground “Great Wall”: A Success for Nuclear Primacy | Center for Strategic and International Studies
http://csis.org/blog/chinas-un.....ar-primacy

"Nuclear security analysts are becoming increasingly worried about China’s development of a 3000-mile underground “Great Wall” to shelter their nuclear weapons. The tunnel network introduces serious doubts about the United States’ ability to carry out a disarming nuclear first strike against China, by introducing uncertainty about the number of Chinese weapons, their location within the underground fortress, and the capability of U.S. weapons to penetrate into the bunker.

Despite complicating the effectiveness of a U.S. first strike, the Chinese construction of a tunnel system validates the strategy of seeking nuclear primacy over China. By forcing the Chinese pursuit of numerous defensive measures to ensure second-strike capability, the United States reduces the amount of money China can spend to improve their nuclear weapons. The resulting relative lack of appealing first-strike options may make China think twice before escalating from conventional to nuclear war and, more significantly, may dissuade China from creating conditions that could produce conventional conflict in the first place."

Jump to: