Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Kyoto Carbon Trading Scam Reply with quote

Well we knew it was just a matter of time..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/c07a48.....e2340.html
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o

I'm shocked!!!

Thanks, that made an excellent addition to my list of climate change debate articles/resources.
KPK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should email the P.M. about this. It would be good fodder against Dion and his politcially correct fascists.
Blue Meanie

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read another article in the FT I believe about this same thing. But its much worse than this article actually describes. This article suggests that the number of these plants producing HFC-23 is limited, so the problem will disappear. Wrong! The billions in profits will be used to build more plants producing HFC-23, so they can run the same scam over and over as long as the "loop hole" exists. I can see why the Liberals are so enthused about having a carbon trading system. More opportunities for corruption and payoffs for the loyal Liberal cadre. I bet they can't wait!
Glenn
Sheldon Moore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberals have a private members bill that will force the CPC government to adopt Kyoto. I think Prime Minister Harper should call their bluff and call a general election over Kyoto. If Canadians are that stupid to vote for a party that supports this travesty we deserve every thing that follows. To follow through with Kyoto will be the dissolution of Canada as many of us in the west will not sacrifice ourselves for a ultra elitist scam.
KPK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheldon Moore wrote:
The liberals have a private members bill that will force the CPC government to adopt Kyoto. I think Prime Minister Harper should call their bluff and call a general election over Kyoto. If Canadians are that stupid to vote for a party that supports this travesty we deserve every thing that follows. To follow through with Kyoto will be the dissolution of Canada as many of us in the west will not sacrifice ourselves for a ultra elitist scam.

Can't the government threaten to withdraw from the Kyoto Accord the day before the vote and make the law meaningless because there would be no targets to meet? I'm so evil. :twisted:

Personally, I would disband the environmental committee and outsource the entire problem to a few environmental engineering firms. They would submit some proposals concerning what we can actually do over the next 5 years to reduce GHG. They can tell us how long it would take to meet our targets, how much labor would be involved and how much it would cost. Then we can reconvene the committee and set the targets based on SOUND principles and actually see how much we would have to spend abroad to stay in Kyoto.
KPK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems that some in the media are heeding my criticism about just focusing on climate change alarmism. Now they are actually going out in the field to see what actually can be done:

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/180278
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geothermal is a wonderful idea. The brief overview in the article appears to contain a couple of rather obvious technical flaws but it's the MSM so my expectations for accuracy aren't high.

-Mac
KPK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Geothermal is a wonderful idea. The brief overview in the article appears to contain a couple of rather obvious technical flaws but it's the MSM so my expectations for accuracy aren't high.

-Mac

If true, it could make meeting our Kyoto targets easier rather than waiting 15 to 20 years for a nuclear power plant to be built.

Jump to: