Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite computer/platform game genre?
Adventure (eg. Myst, Spacequest)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Action (eg. 'Platformers', GTA Series)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Real Time Strategy (eg. Age of Empires, Warcraft III)
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Turn-based Strategy (eg. Civilization, Alpha Centauri)
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Traditional RPG (eg. Final Fantasy series, KOTOR)
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
MMORPG (eg. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sports (eg. NHL 2K7, Tiger Woods 2007)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Flight / Space Sims (eg. Microsoft Flight Simulator)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
First-Person Shooter (eg. Doom, Halo 2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tactical Sim (eg. Rainbow Six, Full Spectrum Warrior)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: On gaming... Reply with quote

This has nothing at all to do with politics, conservatism, or these forums, but was prompted by a discussion with a colleague today ... what's your single most favourite genre of computer and/or console gaming? Are there any titles you've played recently that you recommend? Any you think should be avoided?

Although I also enjoy rpgs, my favorites tend to be Adventure games. I recently played through Still Life (Xbox) and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (PC / Xbox) and certainly recommend them both.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like World War II based video games very much but I do play counter-strike series as well
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most genres have their great games, but I like the turn based games. Real time, the computer can always think faster than you, and you have to do things now.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow so many generes to pick from, there were so many options I had to roll the dice. :wink:

My favorite games are: The Metriod Prime Series - it's a shame that it's only availiable for the Nintendo, your all missing out on a great first shooter adventure game, lots to expore, secrets to find, interesting lands, and deadly enemies

The Legend of Zelda - it's the adventure & Quests I like; again many of you are missing out on a very good series

I like to see the Age of Empires bought to the console, updated version of AOE/ROR/AOK for a modern feel to it

Ghost Recon, Medal of Honour, Major League Baseball 2K6, All Star Baseball 2004, etc.

I currently have the Gamecube, saving up for the Wii, & I can't wait for Metriod Prime Corruption & though I can get Twighligt Princess for the Gamecube I prefer waiting for the Wii & playing it on that system instead.
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston2004 wrote:
I'd like World War II based video games very much but I do play counter-strike series as well

Have you tried Company of Heros yet? Its absolutely amazing! WW2 RTS that is the most real-like of all the WW2 games that I've played. The terrain is completely changeable, so much so, that your infantry can take cover in a hole that was just created by an artillery strike. I highly recommend it.
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinkin of picking up Company of Heros - everything I hear says its amazing.

I'm a huge RTS person myself. I don't own a console - instead I have a pretty intense gaming pc. I am looking forward to the release of Supreme Commander - basically a new Total Annihilation(prob. the best rts of all time). Used to play a lot of Warcraft and Starcraft. Of course the C&C series is great- Generals is a great game. Act of war is an incredible game as well.

Medieval 2: total war is a great mix of turn and RTS, very fun.

I do play America's Army as well, a great FPS. Also picked up Area 51, its pretty entertaining, but basically a new DOOM 3.

and I recently started playing this game called rappelz(its a free MMORPG). Not usually too into those types because I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to them - but its free, so i thought i'd give it a shot.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleatmop wrote:
Winston2004 wrote:

Have you tried Company of Heros yet? Its absolutely amazing! WW2 RTS that is the most real-like of all the WW2 games that I've played. The terrain is completely changeable, so much so, that your infantry can take cover in a hole that was just created by an artillery strike. I highly recommend it.

No, I have not. I just finished playing Brother in Arms, Earned in Blood.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone playing Civlization 4, I heartily recommend the "Canada Patch" - it adds Canada as a civilization to the game, with fully animated leader heads (Trudeau, Pearson, Turner, Macdonald), distinct (and humorous) voice work, our flag, and as our unique unit, the Canada Corps of WWI, which replaces the Infantry unit. The cavalry unit is also redone as a Mountie (cosmetic only). It introduces a few new wonders, including HNIC, the CN Tower, and the Oilsands. Our unique building (for the Warlords patch) is the Microwave Tower, which replaces the Radio Tower.
biggie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha sweet, i'll have to give that a shot!

Jump to: