Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hollinm





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Reputation: 18.2Reputation: 18.2
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of what Harper decides to do he needs to come up with a name that replaces Kyoto but captures the essence of his environmental program; a catch phrase if you will.

By this I do not mean a trick but one that all Canadians can relate to and will replace the name of Kyoto in the day to day discourse. Otherwise we are going to see Kyoto being spouted by the environmentalists, elites and politicians forever.

Right now programs are being announced but a lot of the stuff is beyond the grasp of ordinary Canadians but if they see regulations put into place on all industry, regulations for the building of energy efficient homes, appliances, announcements on the replacement of the cold fired plants in Ontario and Alberta and a phase out of the tax breaks given to the oil and gas industry Canadians will buy into the program. They want to see some real attempt at improving our environment.

However, under no circumstances should hard earned taxpayer money be sent to foreign countries so we can pretend we are meeting our Kyoto targets. This is a socialist scheme to transfer wealth from the developed countries to lesser ones. How does that help us reduce our GHG emissions?

So while Mr. Harper may not buy the environmental issue wholeheartedly he will do something that is meaningful because that is what the electorate is telling him. There is one thing about Mr. Harper he is pragmatic.
TealTories





Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 473
Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7
votes: 1
Location: Calgary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt that new catch phrase you are looking for called the Clean Air Act.
I agree with what you said although the conservatives tried that and got killed, by the media.
I dont have the answer although I am hoping that Harper does.
Because if he doesnt and the liberals win power, my province is in huge trouble. I heard Mark Holland the other day on Adler and they are talking about going after the Oil Sands and basically Alberta's economy, to appease the left in Eastern Canada.
Mark Holland if you are reading this take your Howdy Doody ass back to Ajax and keep your paws of our Oil Sands.
hollinm





Joined: 03 Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Reputation: 18.2Reputation: 18.2
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the initial catch phrase was The Clean Air Act but it has been so maligned by the opposition parties and the media that we need something new that not only encapsulates air quality but also GHGs.

I heard the comments of Holland on Adler and the next day on Rutheford. It is clear there is a hidden agenda which Alberta needs to be aware of. However, this kind of talk sells in the rest of Canada unfortunately. Dion has no seats in Alberta so if he can divide East against West ala Paul Martin he figures he can gain seats in the ROC.

Canadians are so naive and will fall for this silly rhetoric and that is not good for the country. Harper is the only game in town who is taking a realistic approach. To interfer in the economy as Dion intends to do will reek havoc and we will see companies and investment moving to the states who are not part of Kyoto. Of course this will result in job losses here in Canada.

Dion is weak and really has not demonstrated in any capacity that he has leadership abilities. The blogs need to keep after him and eventually the media in Canada will have to pay attention. Let's hope so anyway.
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollinm wrote:
I agree that the initial catch phrase was The Clean Air Act but it has been so maligned by the opposition parties and the media that we need something new that not only encapsulates air quality but also GHGs.

I heard the comments of Holland on Adler and the next day on Rutheford. It is clear there is a hidden agenda which Alberta needs to be aware of. However, this kind of talk sells in the rest of Canada unfortunately. Dion has no seats in Alberta so if he can divide East against West ala Paul Martin he figures he can gain seats in the ROC.

Canadians are so naive and will fall for this silly rhetoric and that is not good for the country. Harper is the only game in town who is taking a realistic approach. To interfer in the economy as Dion intends to do will reek havoc and we will see companies and investment moving to the states who are not part of Kyoto. Of course this will result in job losses here in Canada.

Dion is weak and really has not demonstrated in any capacity that he has leadership abilities. The blogs need to keep after him and eventually the media in Canada will have to pay attention. Let's hope so anyway.


If Dion comes into power and does this - I'll be moving back to Alberta and joining a separatist party hehehe.
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that the "Made-In-Canada Solution" would catch on but the Liberals and the MSM blew that out of the water.

-Mac
biggie





Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 1738
Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44Reputation: 44
votes: 10
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
I was hoping that the "Made-In-Canada Solution" would catch on but the Liberals and the MSM blew that out of the water.

-Mac


Perhaps thats because everything else that's been made in Canada has been crap. Excluding the Canadarm and the CFL 8)
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
Perhaps thats because everything else that's been made in Canada has been crap. Excluding the Canadarm and the CFL 8)

If you don't love it, leave it! :lol:

-Mac
Duck Tory





Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 826
Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know living in Eastern Canada made you guys angry. For me i supported that Clean Air Act and i beleive the reason why it was torn to pieces was out of vanity by the Jackass Liberals and the media who want CPC to fail. Also it's comes to my attention that Ambrose was targeted before she was shuffle cause she is a woman.
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
I know living in Eastern Canada made you guys angry.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Duck. I was born & raised in the Maritimes but I moved "away" because I wanted a career rather than working seasonally.

-Mac
TealTories





Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 473
Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7
votes: 1
Location: Calgary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
Intensity targets are only useful in the short term until the necessary infrastructure is in place to sequester emissions. Environmentalists will not be satisfied unless there is a cap on emissions or number of barrels coming from the oil sands.

Screw the so called "Experts"
The left wing has discredited all the scientist who beleive that GW is a natural phenomen. I am not scientist although I am smart enough to realize that 100 yrs worth of data on hundreds of million year old subject (the planet), is not enough data.
The Oil sands KPK. Thats right pick on the Oil Sands!!
I am tired of hearing about the Oil Sands, the Oil and Gas industry are figuring things out on there own right now and they are alot smarter then gov't.
The fact of the matter is Oil is being created for the consumer. If there is no consumer there is no demand. Why doesnt the left figure this out. (oh I know Buzz will get mad at them)
Now I am all for a cleaner earth, fight pollution and Co2 emissions.
But I am not for paralyzing economies on unproven theory, supported by goal oriented lobbyists and left wing media.
Mark Holland, Stephane Dion, and Garth come on after Alberta, I dare you. Repeat NEP program, remember how well that worked.
The fact of the matter is this Conservative government has put forth more enviromental policy then any government in history.
TealTories





Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 473
Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7
votes: 1
Location: Calgary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
hollinm wrote:
I agree that the initial catch phrase was The Clean Air Act but it has been so maligned by the opposition parties and the media that we need something new that not only encapsulates air quality but also GHGs.

I heard the comments of Holland on Adler and the next day on Rutheford. It is clear there is a hidden agenda which Alberta needs to be aware of. However, this kind of talk sells in the rest of Canada unfortunately. Dion has no seats in Alberta so if he can divide East against West ala Paul Martin he figures he can gain seats in the ROC.

Canadians are so naive and will fall for this silly rhetoric and that is not good for the country. Harper is the only game in town who is taking a realistic approach. To interfer in the economy as Dion intends to do will reek havoc and we will see companies and investment moving to the states who are not part of Kyoto. Of course this will result in job losses here in Canada.



Dion is weak and really has not demonstrated in any capacity that he has leadership abilities. The blogs need to keep after him and eventually the media in Canada will have to pay attention. Let's hope so anyway.


If Dion comes into power and does this - I'll be moving back to Alberta and joining a separatist party hehehe.


Common back Biggie you are always welcome.
KPK





Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6Reputation: 3.6
votes: 13
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Liberals get back in, I might move there as well and join a seperatist party. How about "Option Cascadia" - sounds like a cool name.
TealTories





Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 473
Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7Reputation: 34.7
votes: 1
Location: Calgary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
If the Liberals get back in, I might move there as well and join a seperatist party. How about "Option Cascadia" - sounds like a cool name.


All Conservatives are welcome to Alberta
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Intensity Targets Again?

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB