Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Dion calls on Tories to recommit to Kyoto Reply with quote

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story.....kyoto.html

Two Thoughts

1) "Canadians are not fooled," Dion told the House. "They know that this prime minister has no commitment to fight climate change. His only motive is to prepare for an election."

Your kidding me right? The Tories are the ones preparing for an election?

2) Is it me or is Dion sounding more and more like one of those dolls with a String on the back, It seems that when its pulled all that comes out of his mouth is "Environment"

I understand how important that is, but when do we get to hear the new leaders stance on the other 2000 issues this country is dealing with?
Azimech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Dion calls on Tories to recommit to Kyoto Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:

I understand how important that is, but when do we get to hear the new leaders stance on the other 2000 issues this country is dealing with?

Let Dion Layton and May continue to scream about Kyoto. We can pick up the 72% of Canadians who list another issue as paramount.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So dion is threating to force the Conservatives to reaffirm on the failed accord. Can you say Blackmail and Coup, It smells like to me they would rather have the gov't defeat knowing full well the Conservatves and Harper are doing alot of postive things for Canada then they did for 13 years of Regime Tyranny.
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Harper just doesn't say he will commit to Kyoto IF the opposition can prove that there won't be any economic damage as a result or sending billions of dollars abroad.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KPK wrote:
I don't know why Harper just doesn't say he will commit to Kyoto IF the opposition can prove that there won't be any economic damage as a result or sending billions of dollars abroad.
Harper won't commit as Bush won't because it's a Scheme to cover up the mess by Nations with disregard to the enviroment and reckless attiudes.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Bush, Clinton also refused to play the Kyoto game. Clinton didn't do much that I agree with but even a broken clock is right once a day... sometimes twice...

-Mac
KPK

votes: 13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how the Conservatives vote tomorrow on the motion.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just blows my mind how unconcerned liberals are about the exclusion of China from Kyoto. If they were REALLY concerned about our planet they would insist that Kyoto be renegotiated with China included. Without China our efforts are futile.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no commitments of finding Nuclear Fission, (or is it fushion?).
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:

Fission bad; fusion good; cold fusion best of all.

-Mac
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:

Fission bad; fusion good; cold fusion best of all.

-Mac

Thanks Mac! :D
Sheldon Moore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberals are not concerned with China because people like their mentors Maurice Strong and Jean Cretien are neck deep in providing China interference with the west. I believe this whole mess is a scam. The few will profit from the masses unfounded fears and the west will be at best confused and divided and at worse economically devastated. While the eastern superpower tries to ascend to dominate the rest.
If Dion and his political masters think Alberta or the west in general will roll over and play dead they are sadly mistaken. The environment is changing and in all probability will continue to change long after we are all dust and gone. The arrogance of the Kyoto proponents to believe we can alter the direction the earth's biosphere takes to one that we all like is astoundingly naive.
Sputhern On-Tory-O

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dion calls on Tories to recommit to Kyoto Reply with quote

[quote="Azimech"]
cosmostein wrote:

Let Dion Layton and May continue to scream about Kyoto. We can pick up the 72% of Canadians who list another issue as paramount.

Whatever happened to health care, wait times and two tier medicine?
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this kyoto accord seems like smokescreen hiding something that we know right now.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion's got it wrong. Forget climate change.

The earth is more likely to be destroyed in a cataclysmic scientific accident in which a particle accelerator produced a shower of quarks that reassembled themselves into a strangelet, which could in turn transform the entire planet into an inert hyperdense sphere about 100 meters in diameter. We should also be concerned about omnivorous nanomachines that could consume every living thing on earth, covering its surface with a pool of gray goo...

The probability of THAT happening is about 1 in 10 billion, but, hey, it's more likely than global warming (or Y2K).

Jump to: