Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done more coloring - all while waiting for the 'system' to honor my rights - since it has taken oh so much time...I have some time to make this picture nice [this project is about 65 hours now sounds like a long time but it's over about 2.5 weeks] - I really love this picture - I love the all the flags - I love the buildings I love the 'active' setting - it's just such a living picture - a cool snapshot of a moment in time in the greatest city in the world - now in color!

Soon the coloring will be completed - but it's fun to share it in stages.

One day I hope that justice comes and I can maybe find a way to put these skills to some real benefit!

Here is a larger resolution version of the picture - click on the link to open the picture and then click on the picture to zoom in/zoom out:

http://img218.imageshack.us/im.....age424.jpg
don muntean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now completed hand colorizing this 1912 New York City photograph - while it isn't perfect - while there are a number of areas that i do not like - it is satisfactory for my first 'major' coloring project.

Considering that the original which I found online was brown and grainy and of not the best quality and had to be increased [in steps] from 72 dpi to 300 dpi to be printed nicely when complete. Some of the repairs were a challenge as well but do look good in the final print.

I had to improvise on all color choices except the Italian and U.S. flags so I hope they look unique and consistent enough - they're all custom blended colors.

I was concerned about keeping a realistic light and shadow as well in the picture - i hope i was successful - looks good on my desktop monitor [but looks washed out and faded on my laptop] and looks good on paper too!

So now this picture is stuck in my minds eye almost like no other! I hope everyone likes it. I do!

Before:

After:

Here is a larger file size for more detail. Click on the picture to zoom in/zoom out:

http://img153.imageshack.us/im.....ftlarg.jpg
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:

One day I hope that justice comes and I can maybe find a way to put these skills to some real benefit!

That's because it's a recession & you would be competing against freelancers who are both from the third world & price their products at rocket bottom price. With this economy work is very hard to get if you are just starting so even if you do not get a lot or even no clients keep your head up, build your portfolio, & when the economy improves in 2018 you will start getting some money. But be prepared to not have a full time business.
don muntean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some improvements:

Link to full clearer version:

http://img703.imageshack.us/im.....wedits.jpg
don muntean

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some improvements:

Full Size:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9083/5thave.png
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
Some improvements:

Full Size:

What's the file size, the image seems to be loading very slowly.
don muntean

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
don muntean wrote:
Some improvements:

Full Size:

What's the file size, the image seems to be loading very slowly.

If it's the one at the link it's 4.2 MB so it does take a little longer to open but the resolution is so superior to say a 1 MB image, (the one we see here is 1 MB). On the larger picture one can click in and out or zoom in and out as well to see more details. The original picture I made and used for printing is just under 60 MB so this 4.2 MB version isn't even close to the 'best' quality, but of course we cannot upload 60 MB files LOL, these would take hours to open!
don muntean

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally cleaned it up - it is now free of the writing at the top and the hideous wire and chain that was visible in the original. I'm not happy with some parts and they will likely get changed at some point LOL! That said, I think it's now completed!

Larger size for better click in/click out viewing:

http://imageshack.us/m/268/6470/decostage01.jpg

Open this one too and click back and forth from tab to tab and see the difference!

don muntean

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another restoration I just competed for a good friend:

Before:

After:

bsenka

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

I do photo restorations, retouching, and colour adjustment for a living, and I just wanted to let you know that your work is really coming along... it looks great.
don muntean

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsenka wrote:
Don,

I do photo restorations, retouching, and colour adjustment for a living, and I just wanted to let you know that your work is really coming along... it looks great.

Hey thanks! Now only if 'I' could make some money doing this! Of course my fight for rights has made me into an outcast - no rights, no justice, and - no job! Of course I have a disability that interferes with having a job as well.

That said - if I obtained the right job with this graphics stuff I would do everything to make it work-out. I have tried but no luck.

I do not like living with nothing...I have to live on about 685 a month!

I have full conviction that at some point I will get my rights and there will be a 'settlement' in connection to the well-known June 05, 2002 implant issue - along with the 'other' issues surrounding the Sask Human Rights Commission etc., then I may be able to market my skills - as a business owner!

One of the first projects my 'business' would do is to create a slick campaign to inform Canadians about the dangers of NDP governance!
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:

Hey thanks! Now only if 'I' could make some money doing this! Of course my fight for rights has made me into an outcast - no rights, no justice, and - no job! Of course I have a disability that interferes with having a job as well.

Yep I know what that's like, having a bone condition can limit the job opportunities you have in life. If you are such a person they recommend that you goto college, but after the fact you find out they don't hand you the keys to the office rate away. And because of this condition you are only fit medically for the minimum wage jobs.

Quote:
That said - if I obtained the right job with this graphics stuff I would do everything to make it work-out. I have tried but no luck.

Closed niche

Quote:
I do not like living with nothing...I have to live on about 685 a month!

Try living on $114.00 per month, on a good month $600.00 which includes freelance work. The market for freelancers in almost anything is bad rate now.

Quote:
I have full conviction that at some point I will get my rights and there will be a 'settlement' in connection to the well-known June 05, 2002 implant issue - along with the 'other' issues surrounding the Sask Human Rights Commission etc., then I may be able to market my skills - as a business owner!

To quote other conservatives "you don't have a right to have a job, but you have a privilege to work." I've recently heard extreme right wingers even say the same thing about food to justify the price hikes. Anyways have you considered franchising? It maybe a way to have a business to pay for another.

Quote:
One of the first projects my 'business' would do is to create a slick campaign to inform Canadians about the dangers of NDP governance!

Do it in such a fashion that is intelligible. Make it appeal to the working Joe.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: