Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
While that site replace this one eventually?


Not sure what Stephen's intentions are for these forums. I created these forums but for the past three years I haven't had access to the server to do updates and improvements. As a result I started the Blue Canada forums which are superior in terms of design and functionality. I plan to continue to post here but the majority of my efforts will be there...
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7515
Reputation: 300.8Reputation: 300.8
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
While that site replace this one eventually?


Not sure what Stephen's intentions are for these forums. I created these forums but for the past three years I haven't had access to the server to do updates and improvements. As a result I started the Blue Canada forums which are superior in terms of design and functionality. I plan to continue to post here but the majority of my efforts will be there...


Ah,
So there will be no updates changes or improvements to these forum?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Craig wrote:
cosmostein wrote:
While that site replace this one eventually?


Not sure what Stephen's intentions are for these forums. I created these forums but for the past three years I haven't had access to the server to do updates and improvements. As a result I started the Blue Canada forums which are superior in terms of design and functionality. I plan to continue to post here but the majority of my efforts will be there...


Ah,
So there will be no updates changes or improvements to these forum?


Sadly, not by me....
DavidK





Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 1520
Reputation: 68.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined up! - If ya need help Craig I'm here for ya
Edmund Onward James





Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Posts: 1317
Reputation: 55
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the Blogging Tories forum was accessing it. Awhile ago people had to scroll and would find the forum eventually on the sidebar, and instead of entering they clicked onto a subject and had to fiddle around, one or two have told me.

Blue Canada is a forum.

However, I still like Blogging Tories because of all the links to diffferent conervatives and what they recently posted. I make comments on their blogs.

Both are fabulous.

And maybe we can have an Internet Conservative radio porgram, several programs with different hosts and guests. A thought.
cosmostein





Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 7515
Reputation: 300.8Reputation: 300.8
votes: 21
Location: The World

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:

And maybe we can have an Internet Conservative radio porgram, several programs with different hosts and guests. A thought.


There are several fourmites I would love to hear on a radio program.
Jim GL





Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 9
Reputation: 18.9Reputation: 18.9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilipepper wrote:
Is there any way you can transfer the posts from here to an area on the new forum, it will be kind of silly posting on two forums.
I was wondering the same thing.
JBG





Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 823
Reputation: 93.1Reputation: 93.1
votes: 8
Location: NYC Area

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
Joined up! - If ya need help Craig I'm here for ya
Same here. And for some reason this place logged me on under Facebook than as a regular member.
chilipepper





Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 391
Reputation: 95.2Reputation: 95.2
votes: 1
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being discussed here http://www.mapleleafweb.com/fo.....opic=18304

how does the facebook log in work, does it show your real name from facebook, what the benefits or drawback to logging in with FB, I've never understood that.
thanks
teabag





Joined: 30 Nov 2008
Posts: 501
Reputation: 118.7
votes: 6
Location: Mississauga Ontario

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the Facebook interface with all the sites you visit. I use my real name on facebook and it is only available to friends and family. Why would I want to make my every move on the internet tied into facebook. It just makes me think of big brother.

Also Craig hopefully you have an additional administrator for your new site. I have been on other non political sites when the administrator got ill and the site just shut down. Better to always have a backup administrator to step in when you may not be available. Just insurance.
Craig Smith





Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 244
Reputation: 42Reputation: 42Reputation: 42Reputation: 42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teabag wrote:
I don't like the Facebook interface with all the sites you visit. I use my real name on facebook and it is only available to friends and family. Why would I want to make my every move on the internet tied into facebook. It just makes me think of big brother.


I feel the same way. But some people use their Facebook account as a political tool so for them it works well. Others don't have a problem talking politics with family and friends. Not for me.

Quote:
Also Craig hopefully you have an additional administrator for your new site. I have been on other non political sites when the administrator got ill and the site just shut down. Better to always have a backup administrator to step in when you may not be available. Just insurance.


I certainly will once the site really gets going. Early on it seems like we have a great bunch of people so finding one won't be difficult.
Hasdrubal





Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 1112
Reputation: 66
votes: 5
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site looks real good. I may join up but I know I won't get my Lt. General rank back anytime soon. Although I won't be posting all that much since I'm quite simply all burnt out from the UNA, & CL days. Debating politics with a leftist is like hitting your head in the wall a thousand times over.

I'm assuming that illuvfreebeer won't be the co-administrator of Blue Canada. :wink:
JBG





Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 823
Reputation: 93.1Reputation: 93.1
votes: 8
Location: NYC Area

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Smith wrote:
I feel the same way. But some people use their Facebook account as a political tool so for them it works well. Others don't have a problem talking politics with family and friends. Not for me.
I have real problems with the way Facebook operates. Now, out of nowhere they want cell numbers to verify by text and/or to make you verify your "friends" pictures, many of which may be their pets. I don't see things ending well at FB.
Craig Smith wrote:
I certainly will once the site really gets going. Early on it seems like we have a great bunch of people so finding one won't be difficult.
I think some thought should be given to winding down this site. It's hard given time constraints to track two sites with the same or similar posters.
JBG





Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Posts: 823
Reputation: 93.1Reputation: 93.1
votes: 8
Location: NYC Area

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilipepper wrote:
Being discussed here http://www.mapleleafweb.com/fo.....opic=18304
Not any more. Topic locked.
don muntean





Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 2262
Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9Reputation: 34.9
votes: 8
Location: Saskatchewan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBG wrote:
Craig Smith wrote:
I feel the same way. But some people use their Facebook account as a political tool so for them it works well. Others don't have a problem talking politics with family and friends. Not for me.
I have real problems with the way Facebook operates. Now, out of nowhere they want cell numbers to verify by text and/or to make you verify your "friends" pictures, many of which may be their pets. I don't see things ending well at FB.
Craig Smith wrote:
I certainly will once the site really gets going. Early on it seems like we have a great bunch of people so finding one won't be difficult.
I think some thought should be given to winding down this site. It's hard given time constraints to track two sites with the same or similar posters.


I don't know what you're talking about.

I haven't ever been asked to use a mobile phone number for anything 'legitimate' at Facebook - yes some pathetic apps do ask for mobile numbers - but that isn't Facebook directly.

Q:

I think some thought should be given to winding down this site. It's hard given time constraints to track two sites with the same or similar posters

R:

That is ridiculous - first of all - this site is a portal and is well known - I don't see how you can claim overall duplication, we simply have another forum choice now.

You may find it 'hard' to follow multiple sites - but that isn't to say that others do... :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Blue Canada Canadian conservative community launches today

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB