Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: U.N. authorizes military intervention in Libya Reply with quote

Looks like the U.N. Security Council has approved all measures short of a ground invasion.
Canada will also be sending troops and CF-18s to Southern Italy I presume.

Some interesting things to note: The German delegation abstained and was very opposed to the intervention based on their fears of a protracted war. The BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China) also abstained. It looks like this will mainly be a U.S., UK, and France adventure.

I hope this isn't just another trendy thing that countries are just jumping on the bandwagon for. Larger atrocities have happened in Sudan, North Korea, Burma and Kurdistan in Turkey but the U.N. did absolutely nothing about those things. I thought I would never say this but I agree with the Chinese ambassador's statement that it is the responsibility of the Arab League and the African Union to deal with this situation.
Micheal Tyzuk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time we're going to be committing blood and treasure to a particular venture we have to ask ourselves the question: where exactly does our interest lie in this matter?

As near as I can tell our sole and only vested interest in the Libya affair is to keep the oil flowing so that OPEC doesn't gouge us until we bleed. Wouldn't have that problem if we started buying out own oil, now would we?
HowieDoin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those that dont believe in the implementation of a New World Order need to give their heads a shake....

Jump to: