Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronto Centre wrote:
We do not blurt out "my Darwin" for the probable reason that it is not in the cultural vernacular.

That was precisely his point though. We have been "indoctrinated" by both yet one has emerged as prominent in our culture. By chance? Or because we have a deep rooted appreciation that science has no better explanation for "why are we here" than religion. At least religion offers us comfort rather than the coldness of "I have no idea".
Toronto Centre

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That was precisely his point though. We have been "indoctrinated" by both yet one has emerged as prominent in our culture. By chance? Or because we have a deep rooted appreciation that science has no better explanation for "why are we here" than religion. At least religion offers us comfort rather than the coldness of "I have no idea".

I wouldnt put Darwinism on the same plane as religious teachings for the simple reason one has been around for centuries and the other is a relatively recent theory. I suspect there are very few who have a daily dose of Darwinism , but the same cannot be said about religious confirmations.

There are plenty who automatically think or say Darwin when veiwing someone doing dangerous activities....as in "The Darwin Awards" or "Darwin wins" .

But all that is probably beside the point since one is a scientific belief and the other a faiith based belief. In my opinion science has far more evidence that Darwin was right and the science of where we came from 12 billion years ago, for example the known elements of rocks on earth that we know are on other planets.

But I appreciate that others have their faith in religion and as long as it doesnt enter into laws of restriction then it doesnt affect me.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

Jump to: