Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Secret Memoirs of China and the Old Guard Reply with quote

A year ago, I noticed a hard copy of "Prisoner of the State" on sale at Chapters and the foreword by professor Roderick Farquhar engaged me, so I purchsed it. What a powerful and profound memoir. However, little has been reported that I am aware of. No documentary etc., perhaps because everybody is trying to do business with the Chicoms.

Since President Hu Jintao was visiting America I reread certain chapters, and subsquently wrote a piece for my weblog. There are several servers in Taiwan linked to it and now quite a few people read the blog.

I emailed Professor of Political Science Salim Mansur and historian Sir Martin Gilbert in the UK if they had read the memoirs. They thanked me profusely and will get to it. If you are interested I think the book is on sale at many of the Chapters stores, if available

On the following link I quote Premier Zhao Ziyang.

CHINA is "rule of men" not "rule of law" — said Premier Zhao Ziyang.
http://onwardjames.blogspot.co.....f-law.html
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China’s End-of-Cycle Lending Binge - Gordon Chang
http://blogs.forbes.com/gordon.....ing-binge/

... official statistics do not begin to describe the extent of the banks’ lending. These financial institutions have been especially aggressive in originating, packaging, and selling off loans to investment vehicles. Nonetheless, they may have kept risk of loss from the nominally disposed assets, so that this retained exposure is not reflected on their balance sheets.

No one knows the amount of the “invisible loans.”

The Old Guard of the Communist Party of the People's Republic in China do not believe in transparency and reciprocity. However, they fear losing America in business.

America and Canada should not kowtow to this manipulative government.

Jump to: