Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day and age trying to keep a lid on information is futile. The bottom line is that the people who leaked this information should be publicly hanged. The people who disseminate it should be shamed but not charged. Personally, I can't advocate against HRCs and then suggest that this idiot should be thrown in jail or worse.
bsenka

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Craig.

The person who leaked the documents needs to be dealt with internally by the US military for obvious reasons, but Assange just provides the venue for reporting what he's given. Wether we like it or not, in 2010 what Wikileaks does is what media is. 20 years ago Assange would have been the equivalent of Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory, today he's shoulder to shoulder with the New York Times. "I read it on Wikileaks" is no different from "I saw it on the news", and for the most part these days Wikileaks IS the news.
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fine line during war, regardless of Free Speech. Are you aware why WikiLeaks was formed, and how this wannabe took over and directed it to go after America and democracy? Assange attacked America, the West, democracies...

Perhaps the governments will learn to be even more cautious. Back to age of Cold War spies.

Last edited by Edmund Onward James on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex of Edmonton... Don't ask, don' tell? Something wrong with telling the truth and opinion if you accept WikiLeaks, Manning, Assange?

I am not a fan of gays in the military and exposing it. However, in many wars they were stalwart. Discreet. Name a few heroic ones that exposed themselves. And forget about Alexander the Great etc...

But generally the "gay communities" have pushed the envelope. I never voted for Same-Sex Marriage. But the judges (perhaps one or two are gay or have gay relatives or hairdressers) decided to push the majority of Canadians tolerance (especially with a minority Conservative government) and the gay socities in America are once more pushing the envelope. There's the transexuals... oh my camoflauge doesn't look fabulous on me... and then there's the washroom problem. Am I stereotyping, profiling? Damn right, where is the HRC?

Furthermore, Manning had a temper tantrum, a childish attitutde, and he/she even slapped, or hit an officer, yet they kept him/her in the army. Political Correctness? So Manning pushed his gayness further because a lover left him and stole records.

Does this mean all gays are like this? No. But I utilized the description to indicate gay Manning was not a man's man, a woman with conviction and moral strength, a soldier, someone who would salute the flag and die for his country.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Call Our Troops Homophobes - Ann Coulter
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=40461

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: