Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as much as I enjoy watching Montreal get beaten, I do not think Winnipeg will do it this week. A loss in Montreal, then one or two more losses against Saskatchewan, that will put Winnipeg at 3 and 8 or 2 and 9. At that point, they would have to run the table for the rest of the season, just to get to 9 and 9. I think Winnipeg's season is over if they do not get this win in Montreal, then at least a split with Sask.

Hamilton has it a bit easier with Toronto, but not by much. It is possible that they get the 2 wins, then they are right back in the race. Also, they have the tie break with Winnipeg, so that provides extra cushion. If Cleo Lemon is the real deal, Toronto splits the home and home, or even takes both games. Hamilton has 4 games remaining against BC and Edmonton, and they will win at least half of those, but it is Montreal, Sask, Calgary, and Toronto to round out their schedule, so they definitely need to win against some real teams, or their season might be over as well.

Realistically though, until either of these teams beat Montreal, it is a two horse race in the east.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Anthony Calvillo just played his last CFL game? To me, the injury looks like it will keep him out for 8 to 10 weeks, and also limit his ability to work out. It may be a broken sternum, or possibly a punctured lung. Normally, you would sit out and get healthy, but Calvillo is already 38 years old. He sits out the rest of this season, who is going to sign him after he has been sitting on the couch for a year?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things tightened up in the east. Definitely no crossover this year, neither Winnipeg, nor Edmonton is going to seriously challenge.

BC wins this week, and so does Saskatchewan.
thurmas

votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the first time ever the east is best and all the bombers have to do is stay ahead of edmonton and bc.if playoffs were today we would play as a western crossover even though we should be in the west anyways.it's very difficult being a bomber fan though right now with all of the inconsistent play.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Winnipeg has had four different starting QBs (Glenn, LeFors, Bishop, Pearce), and three different head coaches in the last 3 years. All you have to do is stay the course for a while, and things should start to get better.

As for being the cross over, it is not going to happen. Either BC or Edmonton is going to get some wins. You will note that you must be one win ahead of the west, tied on wins does not cut it. I doubt both BC and Edmonton are going to stay at one win for the rest of the season.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/the-crossover-explained

You must have more points, tied in points does not cut it, even if you won both of the games against the west opponent. BC and Edmonton play each other once more this season, so that guarantees that one of them gets to 2 wins right there.

PS. And even if you did cross over, you would just have to play Saskatchewan or Calgary on the road anyway, and then the other one on the road. There is a reason the crossover has never won the other division.

Better to aim at getting past Hamilton, and maybe even a home playoff game. It is still possible if you start to beat the east opponents.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like Winnipeg just might win the labor day game. Don't know why special teams cannot get it together, and the offense has been losing ground. The only bright spot is the defense, which has been getting better with every game.

Prechae Rodriguez is on the bubble I think, they went to him a lot, and he was not impressive. I think he will be released pretty soon. They are probably just waiting to see who is available at the end of the NFL pre-season.

I do not understand how a QB can go 15 consecutive 2 and outs, and not be pulled from the game. Miller has some lessons to learn still I think.
thurmas

votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I join the military this week so I won't have much time for my bombers for the next while. They are too inconsistent and frustrating to watch this year.All I can hope for is west cross over!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some seriously defensive battles so far this Labor Day. The Rider game was in doubt up until that short kick at the end; when Winnipeg failed to get possession, then it was over.

I wonder, once Anthony Calvillo comes back, will Montreal go back to not letting any other QBs play under any circumstance? Having no one with any game experience sure didn't work out very well for them, and with this being probably Calvillo's last season, the future does not look bright in Montreal. Calvillo has apparently entered the injury prone final phase of his career, we will see how it goes in a week or two if/when he starts another game.

What I saw from Winnipeg today, their season is definitely not over. That defense was absolutely ferocious. Things are a lot tighter than the records imply right now.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A win is a win, but that one was UGLY. At least 3 serious coaching errors, undisciplined play, lackluster quarterbacking, and a lot of failures to secure the luggage. That is about the worst you could possibly play and still hope to win.

With that win, the Riders maintain their hope for a first round bye. Pretty slim chance at this point, but still a chance. A home playoff game for sure though, no way BC makes up that many games.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is this the worst officiating that there has ever been in the CFL?
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 7 games to go, and I do not think much will change in the standings. Looks like Calgary will probably stay in first place in the west, Saskatchewan will probably stay in second place. BC is going to win 2 or 3 more games, and that will be good enough for third. I don't see a crossover happening either way, who could Edmonton beat to even get to 3 wins? Same goes for Winnipeg.

To get first in the west, Sask would have to run the table and get to 14 and 4, and Calgary would have to lose at least 2 games. They have a back to back with Montreal and another game in Saskatchewan, so it is possible, but the way Sask is playing, they will lose a couple too.

I do not see anyone in the east managing to beat Montreal at home, so it really does not matter who is in second or third.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would say Winnipeg is all but officially done for this year. They are 3 games out of the crossover spot (with only 5 games remaining), and they have already lost the tie breaks with Hamilton and Toronto (which put them 4 games out of third place in the east). If Winnipeg doe not win their next game against BC, that will put the official nail in their coffin.

BC and Edmonton are showing some life. The tie break between those two teams is up for grabs, so third place in the west is still to be decided. Toronto and Hamilton are showing weakness. It is possible that neither of those teams wins another game this season.

The east lost all games against the west last week. They must show more strength than that going into the playoffs. Montreal and Hamilton should be able to win this week. Toronto, probably not, they are visiting the best home team in the land.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feeling that Toronto is going to make it through. Montreal just cannot match that defense. Riders finally look like they have some mojo, but it will be tough to recover from overtime in just a week. Durant needs to stop looking down field every second ball, and just string together clock killing 14 play drives sometimes. Sometimes, your defense needs a longer rest than an 85 yard completion for a touchdown gives you.

PS. Also, it is always a good thing to make the other team's offense sit and watch the game for 7 or 8 minutes.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting tired of Montreal in the Grey Cup? Just a suggestion, but some other team in the east may want to work on their organization and scouting.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

Jump to: