Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: FIFA World Cup 2010 Reply with quote

Now that the seemingly never-ending hockey season has come to an end, we can turn our attention to the "beautiful game." The World Cup kicks off tomorrow. The details of teams and schedules can be found on the official FIFA site.

The main English and French language networks of the CBC will be covering the games live. South Africa is on CET, which means they are six hours ahead of EDT. The games will, therefore, be on live at 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM and 2:30 PM EDT.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Canada! :lol:
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to burst SFrank85's bubble, but I dont think we made the World Cup. I'll be spending my time cheering for Cote d"Ivoire :P
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World Cup what? What a waste of the airwaves when we can't even field a descent team. So I'm watching the Blue Jays kick ###. Oh darn I forgot Toronto is a city that fields uncompetitive teams in almost every sport. Boy what else is there to do?
teenagetory

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch junior hockey like the rest of us disappointed Toronto fans :roll:
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soccer is surprisingly enjoyable to watch. Only last 2 hours. Only problem is the play never stops. So last world Cup I was in the kitchen getting a beer when Zidane head butts Maseroti(sic).

Go England!
JDot

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8)
thurmas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to support my people from the fatherland the germans!german effciency will rule the day!
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go England! U.S.A should be out early. Most of their fellow countrymen don't appreciate them anyways.

Its also great watching the South koreans and South Americans because they like to dribble the ball so much.
altiusdirectory

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: FIFA World Cup 2010 Reply with quote

Hi,
This Forum is very nice, I want share 2010 FIFA World Cup information
For more details visit “altiusdirectory.com”. Below URL may be useful to you.
http://www.altiusdirectory.com.....ld-cup.php
Panther Sphere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIFA 2010.... the ultimate sedative! :lol:
cbasu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Brazil, defeated by Holland, 2-1, and Argentina, humiliated by Germany, 4-0, are now out of the World Cup.

It goes to show that top-flight soccer is now more about having an organized defence, especially holding midfield players, and an opportunistic offence, rather than a whole bunch of style and flair up front. Also, I think this shows why the UEFA Champions League is considered to be the best and toughest soccer tournament in the world.

If Spain wins against Paraguay today, which should really be a formality, three of the four semi-finalists in the World Cup will be from Europe. If France hadn't imploded so spectacularly, they, and not Uruguay, would have been the fourth.

So much for the conventional pre-tournament wisdom that European soccer is on the decline, or England and Italy's incessant whining that the long Premier League and Serie A seasons respectively are to blame for their dismal performances in South Africa.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally hoping for a Paraguay vs Uruguay final. That would be the upset to upset all upsets. One thing I've learned in this World Cup finals is that no matter the depth of your team's talent (Brazil), you can't win unless you can get past the other team's stubborn defenses (Dutch, German).
cbasu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so it will be Holland and Spain in the 2010 finals.

Both teams stack up pretty well against each other. Spain has the edge in offence, Holland in defence; Spain also has the edge in Casillas, their captain and goalkeeper. Spain is the defending Euro champion, while Holland is undefeated in the tournament and has beaten Brazil en route to the final.

For either team, it will be their first World Cup. Spain is the overwhelming favourite, but the Dutch have surprised everybody with their resilience. So, very difficult to call who wins.
crusoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panther Sphere wrote:
FIFA 2010.... the ultimate sedative! :lol:

I was on your side for that for a long time. But recently I've discovered the exciting aspects of soccer. First you should get drunk, then pick one team and cheer a lot. I guess the cheering is the main aspect of this social event that helps people lift their spirits and "merge with the mass" It's like such a rudimentary archaic drive and yet so powerful that it can make any game, watched in a likewise minded social group, a splendid experience.

Jump to: