Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
don muntean

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SmartCon check out this simple 53 second video - it takes the most contentious aspect of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and asks a spiritually abstract question.

Tell me does this video look like it was made by someone who is overly biased and bigoted?

Link

Last edited by don muntean on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmartCon wrote:
Nazis were extremists.

Whoa - hold on. Are you saying that ALL Nazis were extremists?

The parallels between Nazism and Islam are striking. In fact, you could easily argue that ruling parties in most Islamic states are Nazis both in terms of their rhetoric and ideology. Both are anti-freedom, anti-homosexuals, anti-minorities, anti-semites, pro-dictatorial political system.

There are 25 million people in Saudi Arabia. Read about how they treat religious minorities...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.....udi_Arabia

Their treatment of women is equally archaic.

Are they all extremists?

You should be ashamed of yourself for defending this "religion" which really is nothing more than an excuse for racism, bigotry, and sexism. It is remarkable that you call me a bigot when you look at the treatment of non-Muslims in almost every Muslim dominated society in the planet.
don muntean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
SmartCon wrote:
Nazis were extremists.

Whoa - hold on. Are you saying that ALL Nazis were extremists?

The parallels between Nazism and Islam are striking. In fact, you could easily argue that ruling parties in most Islamic states are Nazis both in terms of their rhetoric and ideology. Both are anti-freedom, anti-homosexuals, anti-minorities, anti-semites, pro-dictatorial political system.

There are 25 million people in Saudi Arabia. Read about how they treat religious minorities...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.....udi_Arabia

Their treatment of women is equally archaic.

Are they all extremists?

You should be ashamed of yourself for defending this "religion" which really is nothing more than an excuse for racism, bigotry, and sexism. It is remarkable that you call me a bigot when you look at the treatment of non-Muslims in almost every Muslim dominated society in the planet.

Exactly that! On a global scale there is a significant population that does in fact ascribe to the ideology you summarized here. What does that mean to the west? SmartCon will never clue into it.

My Hope is that this discussion shall benefit others who maybe didn't have a clear awareness of these issues before now - but - who are nonetheless inclined to understand.

I like how your postings are always straight to the point.

I also like how you continually advocate on behalf of homosexuals who are routinely persecuted and executed in Muslims nations - despite your own personal feelings on the issue of homosexuality.

If that doesn't show your clear unbiased nature - your commitment to open mindedness and western values - [even the 'progressive' values] - then what could!?

Last edited by don muntean on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
don muntean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not imagine a worse place to live than them places! Even at the depth of my rights abuses I would NEVER trade Canada and our value systems - for anything. It can be sobering to compare 'over there' to 'over here'!
SmartCon

votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don muntean wrote:
There is a rhyme to this...:lol:

'Round and round we go...just when SmartCon will understand...no one can know...'

Well my friend - you're again completely wrong here.

Why don't you understand basic examples - which are clear enough for an elementary school student?

If you think I'm lumping all Muslims into the same category - that again shows your overly simplistic approach to this complex issue. It shows that you're not reading correctly or you've a motivated lack of understanding. Whichever it is?

You say "conflicts of this nature are not black and white" - well who said it was? If it were only so easy!

Incidentally - do 'you' have a way of knowing which Muslims [in the West] support Islamist ideology and which do not? If we do not see more efforts from within the Muslim community to remove from their midst those who support Islamist Ideology then what can be said?

I do not hate Muslims as you imply. I only wish to avoid any associations with those who hold Islamist views. I wish to see them isolated at all levels. Of course you have a less than rudimentary knowledge of what that ideology is...

There is a way one can see if there are potential problems and that is to ask questions about their individual opinions on Jews and the state of Israel. Is that not so?

I might even be wondering about what your real opinions are in that connection...admittedly - i would expect more skewed discussions on that point.

First, to clear things up: what is your view on Muslims then?

Second, are you stating "Islamist" in the tense of someone who supports Islamism (that is Islam should also be a form of government) or are you stating "Islamist" in the tense of someone who follows Islam from the teachings of the Quran? When you are referring to Islamist I interpret it as someone who follows the Quran. But from your post, I now think you may be referring to those who support Islamism. This may be where we're misinterpreting each other.

don muntean wrote:
In any case your last comment here says it all:

"Lastly, I don't think you understand a lot of things. But seeing as you are also convinced that the government has put a implant in your body to track you, I am not surprised"

Clearly - you're failing in this discussion and - you're resorting to taking cheap shots like that! The motivation? A lame hope of biasing those readers who will be reading my postings and seeing the clear points I'm making!

I'm used to such SmartAss remarks from the chronically misinformed...:lol:

You stated in previous posts the following:

"SmartCon get your head out of the sand".

"Well I guess you're not bright enough to understand simple examples".

"You don't know allot of things...."

What is the difference between these statements made by you directed at me and the one I made to you?
SmartCon

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No here is a guy taking a run at an extremist while maintaining a difference between the faith and nut bars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQSJae6RuCk
don muntean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmartCon wrote:
don muntean wrote:
There is a rhyme to this...:lol:

'Round and round we go...just when SmartCon will understand...no one can know...'

Well my friend - you're again completely wrong here.

Why don't you understand basic examples - which are clear enough for an elementary school student?

If you think I'm lumping all Muslims into the same category - that again shows your overly simplistic approach to this complex issue. It shows that you're not reading correctly or you've a motivated lack of understanding. Whichever it is?

You say "conflicts of this nature are not black and white" - well who said it was? If it were only so easy!

Incidentally - do 'you' have a way of knowing which Muslims [in the West] support Islamist ideology and which do not? If we do not see more efforts from within the Muslim community to remove from their midst those who support Islamist Ideology then what can be said?

I do not hate Muslims as you imply. I only wish to avoid any associations with those who hold Islamist views. I wish to see them isolated at all levels. Of course you have a less than rudimentary knowledge of what that ideology is...

There is a way one can see if there are potential problems and that is to ask questions about their individual opinions on Jews and the state of Israel. Is that not so?

I might even be wondering about what your real opinions are in that connection...admittedly - i would expect more skewed discussions on that point.

First, to clear things up: what is your view on Muslims then?

Second, are you stating "Islamist" in the tense of someone who supports Islamism (that is Islam should also be a form of government) or are you stating "Islamist" in the tense of someone who follows Islam from the teachings of the Quran? When you are referring to Islamist I interpret it as someone who follows the Quran. But from your post, I now think you may be referring to those who support Islamism. This may be where we're misinterpreting each other.

don muntean wrote:
In any case your last comment here says it all:

"Lastly, I don't think you understand a lot of things. But seeing as you are also convinced that the government has put a implant in your body to track you, I am not surprised"

Clearly - you're failing in this discussion and - you're resorting to taking cheap shots like that! The motivation? A lame hope of biasing those readers who will be reading my postings and seeing the clear points I'm making!

I'm used to such SmartAss remarks from the chronically misinformed...:lol:

You stated in previous posts the following:

"SmartCon get your head out of the sand".

"Well I guess you're not bright enough to understand simple examples".

"You don't know allot of things...."

What is the difference between these statements made by you directed at me and the one I made to you?

Well I have been clear from the start of this discussion.

Islamists are Muslims who combine politics and religion - further they are likely to be the Muslims who ascribe contemporary relevance to the Koran's ill statements regarding Jews and Christians and non-believers.

It has been pointed out here that nations like Iran and Saudi Arabia are good examples of Islamist - you see a majority who pursue political Islam. History bears out that this IS the Islam of it's original inception and that is their justification for their pursuits.

Aside from that - there are indeed Muslims who do not want political Islam to persist.

There IS a fight within western Islam - for the radicalization of the community.

I don't think the Muslim community is ready to tell the public the actual statistics of Islamist leaning members at any time soon.

I may not accept Islam the religion - as an advanced religion by any standard but - that certainly doesn't mean that I hate Muslims.

I've had only one Muslim friend - a few years ago - but he tended toward Christianity and he struggled with his Muslim upbringing. He was a super guy. He even rescued a homeless cat off the street and gave him a home! Sadly he developed respiratory health problems and passed away in 2007 at age 57.

So to simplify this -I don't agree with Jehovah's Witness's teachings but they are some of the nicest people I have ever met - I don't agree with Mormonism and yes - some of the VERY best people I have known are Mormons!

I don't agree with the essential teachings of Hinduism and Buddhism - I don't agree with new age teachings and still yet - some of the best friends I have ever had are into the new age movement and many more are Hindus and Buddhists.

I don't agree with all the teachings of Judaism but yes some of my best friends are adherents of Judaism! I don't agree with all the teachings of Christianity and yet - MOST of my friends are Christians...Can you see a pattern? Of course I see some value in all religions - some more than others but - to each his own.

Live and let live. There can be unity in diversity.

However - if there are a huge enough number of ideologues in the world - who are avowedly bent on religious and political dominance and they already have majority strong holds in a number of nations - with armies and arms - then that presents what issue for everyone else?

Saudi Arabia targets western Muslim communities with so-called community financial supports for projects etc., and with it - they are trying to export their ideology to these communities. Actually - WE are funding this!

We need to encourage forthright discussion to try to work through these issues. No one on this side is looking to launch wars - yet - ignoring reality is not constructive either.

That said - I'm sure there are lots us in the world who would like to see western leaders take a significant position with the Saudis and their funding a global proselytizing of 'their' version of political Islam.

Q:

R:

My statements were clearly figures of speech in the course of discussions - your statement was a put-down of a deeply personal nature. Yeah there IS a difference and I think that you know it too...

[edited by me to add some things with nothing deleted]

Last edited by don muntean on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 am; edited 4 times in total
don muntean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmartCon wrote:
No here is a guy taking a run at an extremist while maintaining a difference between the faith and nut bars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQSJae6RuCk

Did you read that article that I posted at the top of page four?

A quote:

There are relatively few "moderate Muslims" but there are millions of Muslims who are relatively moderate.

So you should read that whole article - one page back - first posting on the page...
joan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: burnt offerings of korans etc. Reply with quote

I'm rubber, you're glue to all you who call me names...is that the best you've got? Come on, as Tories, blogging Tories, you can do better. Or are you Leftists in Rightist Burkas?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

Jump to: