Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Media picked sides in Toronto. Reply with quote

I have been noticing that every single print and broadcast journalist is taking great pains to separate the "hooligans" from the "legitimate" protesters. I have seen no evidence to convince me such a distinction is warranted. Even most of the bloggers seem to be following suit.
Sandwich Fan

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of evidence would it take if the eyewitness accounts of dozens of media professionals and bloggers haven't been able to convince you?
sarahsews

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is such a thing as objective journalism in Canada? Of course they picked sides.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwich Fan wrote:
What kind of evidence would it take if the eyewitness accounts of dozens of media professionals and bloggers haven't been able to convince you?

It might be worthwhile to have a look at this post from professional protestor Alex Hundert: LINK, via SDA. He goes to great lengths explaining the formal cooperation and linkages between the Black Bloc and other protest organizations like the Council of Canadians, PETA, Food Not Bombs, StopWar.ca ... etc.

There were plenty of eyewitness accounts from media in Toronto of other protestors cheering on the efforts of the Bloc, and even coming to their aid to prevent arrest during an act of vandalism. It seems likely that protestors from the university were aiding them by providing them with lodgings and 'weapons' storage on campus.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwich Fan wrote:
Did any "legitimate" protesters come forward with evidence for the police? Did any "legitimate" protesters try to make citizens arrests? Did any "legitimate" protesters try to do anything, at any time, at any place, to prevent vandalism or property damage, or bring even one of these black brigade people to justice?

Seems to me, the black brigade, and the "legitimate" protesters, are an exact simile for the IRA and Sinn Fein; one is the armed wing, and one is the political wing, but they are attached to the same body, and share the same brain.

Sinn Fein, as I recall, always denounced the the actions of the IRA, but they never seemed to actually turn anyone in...

Jump to: