Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Republican nominee for President in '08
George Allen
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sam Brownback
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bill Frist
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Newt Gingrich
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Rudy Giuliani
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Chuck Hagel
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
John H. Cox
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
John McCain
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
George Pataki
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
I think Rice would be a good choice either way;

As a woman (a strong, intelligent woman, who has done a LOT of work for the country, and shows a measured approach), she would attract a lot of women voters, and show a less "man-friendly" republican party.

As a black woman, she would also go against the stereotype of "big fat rich white guy" Republican, probably bringing some of the "minority" vote.

And, she would appeal to the base Republican - I can't think of anyone right-winged(or moderate left for that matter), that doesn't hold a good deal of respect for her. Her reputation on the international stage is great, and many world leaders respect her greatly.

She's tough and doesn't take crap, and I would love to see her run the country. It wouldn't be a US kim Campbell.. Were she an option, I'd vote her on the poll.

I would vote for Rice as well. She is very smart, stands by her convictions, and just seems to make a lot of sense whenever I hear her talk. She does have two major obsticles to overcome though, that is that she is Black and Female. Not that I believe either of these would affect her ability to lead, but in the history of the USA, they have never had either a woman or a black person be presedent and I'm sure there are some in the States that would discount her just for those reasons.

Actually, come to think of it, I would say Mss. Rice is likely the most powerfull black woman ever in the history of the modern world. Hmmm? I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. Anyway, my vote is for her to run for presedent.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was TIME who bestowed upon her the title of most powerful woman in the world...
but don't quote me on that ;)
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Republicans have to start rebuilding the base of the party that has been aroded by the Wars and the Debt and "The Internets".

Often the media likes to portray Republicans like right wing nut jobs carrying around guns, but they may very well be the most organized political party in the world. Rudy Giuliani for eight years could potentally be the "JFK" of Republicans, the guy is a hero in the eyes of many Americans and even though he is a little "soft" on some of the hardline issues that Republicans love he has the means to bring new blood into the party, basically minting new republicans which allows for the next three Republican Nom's to benefit.

The reality is that the Republicans need to focus on three states:
Ohio
Michigan
Florida
The only swing states that matter, and Giuliani give the Republicans the means to appeal to Northern Voters, because the reality is that the South (or at least most of it anyway) will vote Republican anyway. If you ran on a Giuliani/Romney ticket or a Giuliani/Insert Southerner Here Ticket I don't see the Dem's being able to match that.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggie rection wrote:
I think it was TIME who bestowed upon her the title of most powerful woman in the world...
but don't quote me on that ;)

Maybe I am selling American Voters short,
But there was a poll done in the early 00's that showed that some voters (especially female voters) were a little shaky on the concept of a female president.

As much as she is an interesting choice, I am not sure if Americans once in the voting booths when no one is watching would be as liberal and open minded as they like to admit they are.

Its something you would never admit to, but it could happen. Look at Canadian Politics how many people would admit they voted Conservative? Very few yet there were 5,374,071 of us.
spencenator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Canada should join the USA. Provinces into states and vote for themselves.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spencenator wrote:
I think Canada should join the USA. Provinces into states and vote for themselves.

That's another debate to be disccused later, many of the members here have allieginece to the crown. However I can see why you would look towards growing support for UNA, most supporters are Conservatives, ironically most supporters for the Monarchy are also Conservative, go figure! Back to topic.....
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's another debate to be disccused later

This has popped up a few times. Someone should start a thread ... :twisted:
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Quote:
That's another debate to be disccused later

This has popped up a few times. Someone should start a thread ... :twisted:

Lets make it a multiple poll! :wink:
Azimech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not informed enough on the internal workings of the Reublican Party to hazard a guess on who should or will be the nominee.
strong conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out my site
www.gingrichforpres.blogspot.com

I also write on www.draftnewt.org
McGuire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sale. I respect Newt as a wonk, he's quite a brilliant policy mind. I enjoy hearing what he has to say on the issues, he's quite thought provoking, sorta like Preston Manning. However he's just a gawdawful politician. He lead the GOP over the cliff during the Clinton impeachment. He turned into Captain Ahab, chasing after the white whale named Willie Jeff & lead the GOP over a cliff & managed to turn Clinton into a sympathetic figure. You have to f**k things up pretty royally to have achieved that & he did. He shoudda realized that removing Bubba from office would never have happened & shoudda pursued a sternly worded censure that had support from the Dems. If he did that, he woudda ended Clinton's presidency in all but name only & Hillary's ambitions would have been finished before they started. If she does become Prez, it'll be his fault.
Joahob

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Lynne Cheney run for the Republican nomination. She's the only true conservative that has a chance of winning if she ran for president.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: