Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbasu

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Montreal Canadiens. Now, Canada's team. Reply with quote

It's official.

First, they beat the regular season leaders, the Washington Capitals.

Today, they beat the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins, 5-2 to take Game 7.

Impressive.
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Habs Go!!! :D

Most fun I've had as a sports fan in a very long time. Possibly ever (I can only vaguely remember Montreal's 93 Cup run, as I was pretty young and not as much into hockey at the time).
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not, they are not, they have always sucked, and always will.
mr12387

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

hmm..always have and always will?

Well this does come from the same person who claims the BNP is Britain's best hope for good government. I'd take that with a grain of salt.
Habsrwfan

Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8Reputation: 49.8

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:

Yeah... that's why they've won more Stanley Cups than any other NHL franchise... :roll:
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say they are Canada's team, they are not. Plain and simple. I would cheer for any other team, save Detroit, before I cheered for Montreal.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
You say they are Canada's team, they are not. Plain and simple. I would cheer for any other team, save Detroit, before I cheered for Montreal.

Maybe the NHL should move the Habs to Saskatchewan to make you happy & ban Quebec from ever having a professional sports team.

Of course in my real life I'm happy for the Habs & I just keep thinking thank-god it's another slap in the face of Toronto. Now talk about a city of losing teams. :idea:
Panther Sphere

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh and let's not forget the Canadiens have the best fans too!! :roll:

Win and they will always support you!

Win or Lose they will destroy local businesses and act like hooligans.
(Disgrace to the rest of Canada and classy Canadians, I say!)

I love how there were no vehices sporting flags on them until now, when they were struggling to make the Playoffs you couldn't see a flag or fan in sight!!

Don't tell me they are "Canada's Team", we all know who Canada's team is, and their fans are much more respectful and actually stick behind them no matter what not to mention they don't destroy stuff when they win and or lose.
mr12387

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panther Sphere wrote:

Win or Lose they will destroy local businesses and act like hooligans.
(Disgrace to the rest of Canada and classy Canadians, I say!)

If you look at the pictures and the video from that night you can clearly see that despite the fact the crowds are a see of red those destroying businesses (from what I have seen) are never wearing Habs jerseys. The images make it more plausible than not that these people are just opportunists taking advantage of the huge crowds and couldn't care for the Habs. Are you willing to say people from Calgary disgrace the rest of Canada because a bunch of idiots plant foreign objects in their groceries? Of course not. Such statements, just like the one you had made, are preposterous.

Quote:

I love how there were no vehices sporting flags on them until now, when they were struggling to make the Playoffs you couldn't see a flag or fan in sight!!

Don't tell me they are "Canada's Team", we all know who Canada's team is, and their fans are much more respectful and actually stick behind them no matter what not to mention they don't destroy stuff when they win and or lose.

Have you ever heard of playoff fever? It is natural for any population to get revved up about their team during the playoffs. And I did see cars with Habs flags before playoff time (granted it was a fraction of what there is now). I've been to Toronto several times this year and honestly can't recall witnessing any significant signs of pride (or any at all for that matter) for their team in the city.

Most of the Habs fans I know watch games religiously no matter how the team is doing. And the Bell Centre has been sold out, year in year out for years now, no matter where the team is standing in the league.

Anyways, are any of you even certain of the context of what cbasu meant by 'Canada's team'. I understood it as (and I may be incorrect myself), there are now only 4 teams left in the playoffs and only one of them is Canadian. Hence, until the end of the season they are 'Canada's team'.
cbasu

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr12387 wrote:

Anyways, are any of you even certain of the context of what cbasu meant by 'Canada's team'. I understood it as (and I may be incorrect myself), there are now only 4 teams left in the playoffs and only one of them is Canadian. Hence, until the end of the season they are 'Canada's team'.

That's precisely what I meant to say.
Panther Sphere

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite.

The Sharks and the Hawks are more of Canada's team then the Habs are, in fact both those teams have around 18-20 Canadians on them, in my opinion they are CANADA's team based on this obvious truth. Montreal have far less Canadians on their roster, therefore regardless of what province/city they play out of it does not matter. Pound for pound the Sharks are Canada's team, followed closely by the Hawks! I actually think the Flyers have slightly more Canadians than Montreal too, the only team that had less were the Bruins.

Enough said.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows that the Maple Leafs are Canada's Team!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its official. Philadelphia has more Canadians on its roster than Montreal. Therefore, Philly must be Canada's team. Actually, it appears that of the 4 teams left. Montreal has the fewest Canadian players.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada's team sure is layin' the boots to that team from Montreal. Man, I feel like singing and dancing, just thinking about all the places all those Canadian players will be bringing the cup.

It not surprising, the eighth seed is showing you all exactly why they were the eighth seed. I am just surprised it took this long for them to show just how much they sucked.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the rioting after the Canadiens victories be more or less destructive then the pending riots within Canada that will be caused by the World Cup?

Jump to: