Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Clueless & Dangerous (on US new strategy in Iraq) Reply with quote

Iran, Syria Denounce Bush's Iraq Plan as do some clueless US Senators

I was watching how some idiot senators like Chuck Hagel, John sKerry, Hitlery Clinton, slow Joe Biden and Turbin Durbin sandbagged Bush and company yesterday and today over their new strategy in Iraq and I am stunned with the amount of stupidity and cluelessness among them.

None of them are interested in winning this goddamn war and none are willing to show resolve in the face of the most brutal enemy of the western civilization since the fall of communism in late 1980s. If US loses this war, it is solely fault of these bunch of clueless politicians whose blind hatred for Bush and America has driven them to side with the enemy. These few senators and representatives are enormously dangerous by being blind in this.

I only have this to say: Shame on you!

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.....erous.html
McGuire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike the others, Hagel has the right to his opinions & I won't ever condemn him for it. I'm fast approaching my breaking point in supporting the Iraq mission. What Bush needs to state is that if its clear the strategy isn't working, then a radical course change is needed. If not, then Congress should cut off funds & bring the troops home. Maintain the status quo any longer past fall is unconscionable IMO.
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All due respect, I believe that Mr. Bush made exactly the points mentioned when he announced the surge plan - he also set a timetable for Iraqi forces to take over security (November) and emphasized the success they've had in 14 of the 18 provinces.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this strategy can work - the key is staying and holding territory, and destroying the militias, especially the Sadrists. The POTUS also made it clear that this mission would be freer from political interference than previous strategies - no bail out orders from the Iraqi governments at the last minute. Here's hoping...
Bleatmop

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping indeed. If this war fails, the people of Iraq that have supported the American effort will be the ones to actually suffer. The Republicans may lose votes, but these brave people will be the ones to lose their lives.

Pulling out and abandoning the people who have beens supporting their effort would be a greater evil than all other options available now.
Azimech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experience difficulty when trying to assess the situation in Iraq. The status quo is not working, but I am unclear whether the solution is to withdraw American forces entirely, or to finally commit the number of American troops necessary to occupy a country as large as Iraq.

I am reluctant to condemn the Democrats for their opposition to the war. The invasion of Iraq was a questionable strategic move from the onset. The regime of Saddam Hussein was not our chief enemy; Al-Qaeda and related terror groups posed the greatest threat to our well-being.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a fair comment. Specifically regarding Al-Qaeda, I think before 2003 the extent of their operations in Iraq was unknown - there's a lot on conflicting evidence on both sides.

However, the invasion caused a major shift in their organization, and there's probably more of them there now than any other place in the world - if you really want to fight AQ, Iraq's the place to do it.
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The War on Terror is preventing a Empire from Creating and preventing WW3 from Happen IF these Idiot Sens don't understand what the hell is happening then they should be arrested as Tratiors for their tactics in giving aid,undermining the war effort and begin negative destructive in their remarks.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Second Persian Gulf War could have been prevented had George Bush Sr. continued the push to Baghdad sparing more lives over the past 15 years. We can not know what the percuations would have been had Saddam faced trial in the early 1980's; though there is no secret that Osama Bin Laden & Saddam Hussien didn't care much for each other, I betcha over time there are deeper connections making these two men allies of convience. Therefore I must assume that Al-Qaeda's position in Iraq might would have been drastically different & the whole insurgency might have not occurred.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely - the US might have had less media issues as well, had they taken the opportunity then.
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing right now is we coservative and Tories must stand with our American Friends as Harper is doing to help out Iraq, Bush has convinction and will carry it out no matter what.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
The important thing right now is we coservative and Tories must stand with our American Friends as Harper is doing to help out Iraq, Bush has convinction and will carry it out no matter what.

Amen to that...
Duck Tory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question i would ask the so-called peace actvists and the Anti-war Far left nutjobs is WHO ARE WE TO DECIDE WHO GETS FREEDOM OR NOT!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duck Tory wrote:
The question i would ask the so-called peace actvists and the Anti-war Far left nutjobs is WHO ARE WE TO DECIDE WHO GETS FREEDOM OR NOT!

Probably that may be the question they'd ask us too but they ask it because they never care about other people. They are selfish idiots

Jump to: