Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: "Dear Helena...." Reply with quote

...Please, shut the f--- up!

The National Council of the CPC has every right to tell her she will not run under a Conservative banner. And rightfully so! She showed a complete lack of judgment when it came to her husband, and using her position within the GOVERNMENT to his advantage. 'No matter the scale, she still allowed it.

I respect that Ms. Guergis has a loyal EDA. I'd probably go to bat for my own MP too. Then again, I can say with absolute certainty that my MP wouldn't be caught up in anything remotely like what this woman and her husband have been.

It is the National Council's responsibility to look out for the best interests of the CPC. And Helena Guergis is damaged and dangerous. She would have been smarter to shut up. She could have ran as an independent, won, and used that to prove herself again. This just makes her look even more dumb, crying about democracy!

If she had half a brain in her head, maybe she'd realize why they might not want her and just accept it.
beaver

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt sympathetic for Guergis because while it was wrong for her to throw a tantrum in the airport, I understand that she was under a lot of stress due to two miscarriages and the criminal charges against her husband -- clearly very difficult circumstances.

However, I think it is shameful of her that after all this controversy (especially with the investigations going on) she still feels entitled to lead her constituency. She is hurting the Conservative cause by being such an egoistical thorn in the side. If Ms. Guergis knew what was good for her, she would resign resign, let Kellie Leitch take the candidacy, cooperate with the CPC, and take this as an opportunity to start to address the issues going on in her life right now.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: "Dear Helena...." Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
...Please, shut the f--- up!

The National Council of the CPC has every right to tell her she will not run under a Conservative banner. And rightfully so! She showed a complete lack of judgment when it came to her husband, and using her position within the GOVERNMENT to his advantage. 'No matter the scale, she still allowed it.

I respect that Ms. Guergis has a loyal EDA. I'd probably go to bat for my own MP too. Then again, I can say with absolute certainty that my MP wouldn't be caught up in anything remotely like what this woman and her husband have been.

It is the National Council's responsibility to look out for the best interests of the CPC. And Helena Guergis is damaged and dangerous. She would have been smarter to shut up. She could have ran as an independent, won, and used that to prove herself again. This just makes her look even more dumb, crying about democracy!

If she had half a brain in her head, maybe she'd realize why they might not want her and just accept it.

i think its rediclous that after the media tears her to shreds and asks for her to be removed from cabinet now they turn around and complain about the cpc dumping her as a candidate . there likely just upset she is not going to be running in the next election under the tory banner .

as for new candidates in simcoe grey i have to admit i've never heard of kellie leitch before or get the impression she is that popular in simcoe grey . or even that well known there . but a new nomination meeting would certaintly attract interest and some other names would likely come forward . after this there better be a nomination meeting as an appointment would be certain disaster after all this . a new nomination meeting is about the only way to clear the air there as thay say and start fresh .
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alliston Hearald reported that Dr. Kellie Lietch has no intentions of running for the CPC in Simcoe-Grey.

Quote:
But the Sick Kids Hospital surgeon at the centre of the allegation said she has no intention of replacing Helena Guergis.

Dr. Kellie Lietch, an orthopedic surgeon at the hospital and a faculty member at the Richard Ivey School of Business, said she is flattered by the interest but won't be running in place of the embattled ex-Conservative caucus member and former minister.

She said she enjoys her current work.

"I am not currently running for office, nor am I a candidate," Leitch wrote in a brief e-mail to the Herald Wednesday. "I have a great job that I love - taking care of kids."

Rumblings of Leitch's potential candidacy started when she turned up at the April 24 EDA annual general meeting. She was asked to leave by the local riding association executive.
http://www.simcoe.com/communit.....cle/812410

The situation here in Simcoe-Grey is a little awkward, Helena's sister (Christine Brayford) is her campaign manager as well as a member of the Conservative riding association (I could be wrong but i think Christine is the President). The Guergis family has 3 members (Tony, David, and Christine) in municipal politics and the family is generally very well liked here in Simcoe.

From talking with Simcoe-Grey Conservatives, I feel that the consensus seems to be that it is best for the Party that we have a Conservative candidate ready in the event that an election is called, however parachuting a candidate into our rural riding would be insulting.
Pissedoff

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So once again Harper the hypocrite screw up again. Goodbye Simcoe-Grey
beaver

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissedoff wrote:

Simcoe-Grey is one of the safer Conservative seats.
RCO

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaver wrote:
Pissedoff wrote:

Simcoe-Grey is one of the safer Conservative seats.

it is one of the safer conservative seats but i was looking thru its history and for whatever reasons mp's do not last long there as its had a lot of different ones in the last 20 years or so . helena guergis isn't the first one to have a promising career cut short .

Ron Stewart represented the ols simcoe south riding from 1979-1984 but after that its seen a number of mp's come and go .
Edna Anderson won it as a PC in 88 than didn't run again .
Ed Harper won it a refrom candidate in 93 than didn't run again either , he was also the only reform candidate ever elected in ontario .
than in 1997 Paul Bonwick won it as a liberal by a very small margin and was re-elected in 2000 but lost the seat once the conservative party was created in 2004 .
Helena Guergis won it in 2004 by only a 100 votes over Paul Bonwick and it looked like she'd be there for a while but the curse of short term mp's has struck again in simcoe Grey . so the next mp will be its sixth in the last 25 years . a higher rate of turnover than other central ontario ridings . most have only had 3 mp's over this time a PC in the 80's , a liberal in the 90's and conservative by 04 or 06 elections .
RuralandRight

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simocoe-Grey CPC Election Results

2008 - 55.05% (CPC)
2006 - 49.76% (CPC)
2004 - 40.62% (CPC)

2000 - 32.46% (Canadian Aliance)
2000 - 17.44% (PC)

1997 - 34.26% (Ref.)
1997 - 23.14% (PC)

York-Simcoe
1993 - 32.24% (Ref.)
1993 - 23.29% (PC)

1988 - 47.18% (PC)

WELLINGTON--GREY--DUFFERIN--SIMCOE
1993 - 32.70% (PC)
1993 - 27.01% (Ref.)

1988 - 50.89% (PC)

Grey-Simcoe
1968 - 1984
46.38% - 59.78% (PC)

This riding has only gone Liberal prior to 1957 and when the Conservative vote was split. (93, 97, 2000).

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Sites/L.....p;rid=1063
bryce

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watched this on CBC ?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story.....ridge.html
DavidK

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena Guergis broke her silence Monday, telling the CBC in an exclusive interview that a month after her highly publicized ouster from the Conservative caucus she still doesn't know anything about the "serious allegations" that prompted her dismissal.

Yeah, like her husband using her office, parliamentary email and cell phone isn't reason enough to show her the door? Helena, seriously, if you are reading this (haha right!): Just how dumb are you???

I can forgive the airport thing. We're all human and get stressed out. And no doubt being a cabinet minister is hard, but come on! She needs to stop playing to the media. The second anything new comes out about her or Jaffer, she goes under the bus in favour of 'spicy' headlines.
RCO

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
Helena Guergis broke her silence Monday, telling the CBC in an exclusive interview that a month after her highly publicized ouster from the Conservative caucus she still doesn't know anything about the "serious allegations" that prompted her dismissal.

Yeah, like her husband using her office, parliamentary email and cell phone isn't reason enough to show her the door? Helena, seriously, if you are reading this (haha right!): Just how dumb are you???

I can forgive the airport thing. We're all human and get stressed out. And no doubt being a cabinet minister is hard, but come on! She needs to stop playing to the media. The second anything new comes out about her or Jaffer, she goes under the bus in favour of 'spicy' headlines.

don't know how she thinks anyone is this dumb to believe this , i think everyone has heard about the allegations of jaffer lying to a parliamentary committee and lobbying the government when he was not even registered as a lobbyist by now.

sorry helena but your not in high school anymore
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:

Somebody needs to buy this lady a newspaper subscription. That sounds like something Sarah Palin would have said.
DavidK

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
DavidK wrote:

Somebody needs to buy this lady a newspaper subscription. That sounds like something Sarah Palin would have said.

That's an insult to even Sarah Palin, okay? lol
RCO

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( guergis now knows nothing as to why she was fired , its pretty bizare how she's becoming the liberal media's angel after they themself got her career ruined to begin with . maybe they feel guilty )

Guergis fires back at PMO after P.I. testifies

CTV.ca News Staff

Date: Thursday May. 13, 2010 4:00 PM ET

Former Conservative junior cabinet minister Helena Guergis says she is "entirely at a loss" about what led to her firing after a private investigator testified that he gave no evidence of wrongdoing on her part to the Prime Minister's Office.

Derrick Snowdy, the P.I. at the centre of allegations against Rahim Jaffer, testified Wednesday he had concerns about the former Tory MP's business dealings, but he had no evidence of questionable conduct by Guergis, Jaffer's wife.

In a statement Thursday, Guergis said that since she was asked by Prime Minister Stephen Harper to resign in April, she has "asked repeatedly what it was I had supposedly done."

"I am at a loss as to why this information cannot be repeated to me," she added.

When Harper announced that Guergis has resigned and was kicked out of the Conservative caucus because of "serious allegations," he said the RCMP was looking into the matter.

But Guergis says she does not know what the RCMP is looking into and said she "would be happy to address whatever concerns the RCMP are involved with, if the parties in possession of this knowledge would just share it with me."

"I do look forward to the RCMP's quick resolution of this matter and trust that their objectivity will finally put to rest the very unfair and unspecified cloud of rumour(s)," she added.

Guergis is fighting an attempt by the Conservative party to dump her as its nominated candidate in Simcoe-Grey, by writing a letter of protest to party officials and speaking about her situation in a TV interview.

Guergis initially claimed the allegations against her were baseless, which her detractors have seized on.

Harper spokesperson Dimitri Soudas has said the Conservative party fully briefed Guergis on the allegations against her.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti.....pStoriesV2
RuralandRight

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted to an on line paper yesterday.
(Keep in mind the author of the on line paper is a Liberal)

Unconfirmed reports of resignations under way inside Simcoe-Grey EDA

Quote:
Posted May 14 - Simcoe-Grey Conservative Electoral District Association (EDA) Past President Mark Eplett has reportedly tendered his resignation to the Conservative Party and more are expected to follow as internal fall-out spreads from the seven page letter signed by members of the riding's executive that complained to the Prime Minister about "head office" interference in local riding matters as they related to their candidate selection process. At this post, emails to Mr. Eplett, and riding executives Paul Shaw and Andy Beaudoin had not been returned for comment. Simcoe-Grey MP Helena Guergis was informed last week that she will not be the Party's candidate in the next election.
http://madhunt.com/

The article links to this letter leaked to Tony of New Tecumseth Free Press Online.

'The concerns we express go to the heart of our grass roots democracy'
Quote:
Posted May 4, 2010
A confidential, seven page letter dated April 29, 2010, on behalf of The executive directors of the Simcoe-Grey Electoral District Association (EDA), addressed to Prime Minister Stephen Harper, a copy of which was obtained by Free Press Online, complains about the "intervention of our Party's head office in the affairs of our EDA."

Below is a copy of the letter in its entirety:

Read on > http://madhunt.com/simcoegreyEDA-lett-20100504.htm

As a Simcoe-Grey Conservative I believe that is it the responsibility of the Party to ensure that we have an election ready candidate as soon as possible.

Update ...

Quote:
Shaw and Beaudoin still there; Eplett, from what I understand, has stepped down from the board.

But I also understand the reasoning has nothing to do with Ms. Guergis, but that he is a busy guy, constantly on the road with work, and little time to be concerned with the activities of an EDA...

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: