Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: MP Bob Dechert now parliamentary secretary for justice Reply with quote

( i just happened to notice that Mississauga Erindale MP Bob Dechert has been appointed a Parliamentary Secretary , so though i'd pass this along )

Prime Minister Announces the Appointment of Bob Dechert as Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice

5 March 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today announced the appointment of Bob Dechert, Member of Parliament for Mississauga-Erindale, as Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice.

“Our government is serious about getting tough on crime. Since we were first elected, we have made it one of our highest priorities. There are still law and order measures that are urgently needed and Bob brings the right combination of skill and experience to help our Government continue its efforts to bring criminals to justice, keep Canadians safe and support the innocent victims of crime,” said the Prime Minister. “I am confident that Bob will be an excellent and indispensible member of our House leadership team.”

Parliamentary secretaries are responsible for assisting members of the Cabinet with their parliamentary responsibilities. As part of these responsibilities, parliamentary secretaries frequently represent their minister in parliamentary committees and work closely with members of Parliament in the House of Commons.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-.....nid=516999
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bob,
He has been a tank running in 2004, 2006 and finally winning in 2008.

I have a world of respect for him not really getting into the entire issue surrounding Omar Alghabra and NDP candidate Mustafa Rizvi after he had won the riding, I thought it was a class act that he easily could have capitalized on.

Well deserved.

Jump to: