Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should read what the Russian news papers and web sites are saying about Vancouver their worse than the British! :P

But its all Russian government propaganda.
Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we beat the sore losers ha ha!
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked it up, Canada already has more gold medals that we got at either of the past two Olympics. With curling and hockey, we have a pretty good chance of winning the gold medal count. I do not know how anyone can say Own the Podium has not been a success.
905 Tory

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas wrote:
You guys should read what the Russian news papers and web sites are saying about Vancouver their worse than the British! :P

But its all Russian government propaganda.

Great...the Brits and Russians host the next two Olympics. I hope some journalist is brave enough to nitpick on their games.

The Russians are crybabies, plain and simple. They even blamed things that the IOC, not VANOC, is in charge of on Canada and Canadian politics. The Russians aren't even a factor this year, yet they think that part of Own the Podium is to shut down this supposed Russian powerhouse.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it matter who Canada plays. Either Canada has it together, and is prepared, and plays well, and gets some bounces their way, or they don't. If Canada plays they way they did against the Russians, no one can beat them.
Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing is, there is going to be alot at a Russian games to nit pic. Because we all know how the Russian government does things.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Russians are just mad because they believe like us that hockey belongs to them, [joke]fear that Comrade Stalin might awaken from death to exact his revenge on the hockey team,[/joke]& like Canada in Torrino Russia played Canada & someone ended up with a national hockey disaster finishing the worst ever in their history of hockey.

I have no doubt that the Russian/Canada rivalry is heating up again, even more so then the US/Canada rivalry. So lets make a deal with Russia, we send scouts, trainers, & draft more Swiss players into the NHL & make them so good that the US won't make it pass the Qualifiers to improve the chances of a Russia/Canada Gold Medal Game. Then in the next championship Canada beats Russia again with jeering fans at the end of the game.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, there are too many hockey countries now, no one can expect to win it every time. Going forward, I think the Swiss, the Latvians, and maybe even Norway can become legitimate hockey powers. Germany is well on its way already, they had several NHLers on their squad.

I think it is not so much the talent that is lacking, but it is things like coaching and goaltending that these "almost there" hockey countries are lacking. This year has been some of the tightest hockey in years.
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, toughest game, and toughest opponent yet for Canada. The Slovaks had resolve of steel, just waiting for their chances.
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***The Gold Medal Game is today***

In woman's hockey: Canada won the gold, the US silver, & Finland the bronze.

I was saddened to hear Finland beating the Slovaks 5-3 not because I didn't want them to win bronze but the fact that Slovakia had a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd & falling hard under pressure. Unfortunately this may have been Slovakia's last shot for a long time to win a medal at Olympic ice hockey, according to reports this country has little to no elite talent coming up & is predicted to fall substantially back in the IIHF standings. Hopefully other countries can step up their programs & challenge the six powerhouse countries.

Anyway are we in store for deja vu? Are we going to see the same result like in the woman's? It will be interesting to see the same medal results in the men's. Miller is due a let down & today is the day his weakness is exposed. Go Canada Go!
kwlafayette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasdrubal wrote:
But the way these Olympics have gone it's looking like a disaster. I remember posting on a board in debate about Canada's chances in 2006, & I said it then that they would lose to Russia, everyone else said they would be fine & find a way to win. Well I'm seeing shades of gray & the most likely result of more questions then answers.
Can the whining and great wailing stop yet?
Hasdrubal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
Hasdrubal wrote:
But the way these Olympics have gone it's looking like a disaster. I remember posting on a board in debate about Canada's chances in 2006, & I said it then that they would lose to Russia, everyone else said they would be fine & find a way to win. Well I'm seeing shades of gray & the most likely result of more questions then answers.
Can the whining and great wailing stop yet?

No because it seemed that the whining worked & got them energized. Notice in our time of crises the team heats up & medals start coming in. First the women, then the men.

Now I have no doubt that Russia will come back with the same energy as Canada looking for redemption wanting Canada in the Gold Medal Game in 2014 if the NHL allows professional hockey players to play in the Olympic Games.
hatrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing game!!! Too exciting!

Let's not forget Jerome Iginlia's check and pass either. That's what made it happen.
hatrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theglobeandmail.com.....le1484531/

Wow, amazed yet not surprised that Harper actually went into the dressing room. Good for him.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  

Jump to: