Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
concerned





Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 256
Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Donation to WWF Reply with quote

Is the World Wildlife Fund a decent organization to make a donation to?
DavidK





Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 1520
Reputation: 68.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not these days...
concerned





Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 256
Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
Not these days...


Why do you say that David? The reason I am asking is because my daughter's teacher is asking the students to bring in money to donate to the WWF. This has caused me to raise an eyebrow. I'm against it, but I'd like some info on why the WWF is not what it seems to be. Thanks David.
DavidK





Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 1520
Reputation: 68.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

concerned wrote:
DavidK wrote:
Not these days...


Why do you say that David? The reason I am asking is because my daughter's teacher is asking the students to bring in money to donate to the WWF. This has caused me to raise an eyebrow. I'm against it, but I'd like some info on why the WWF is not what it seems to be. Thanks David.


http://www.worldwildlife.org/climate/
concerned





Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 256
Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidK wrote:
concerned wrote:
DavidK wrote:
Not these days...


Why do you say that David? The reason I am asking is because my daughter's teacher is asking the students to bring in money to donate to the WWF. This has caused me to raise an eyebrow. I'm against it, but I'd like some info on why the WWF is not what it seems to be. Thanks David.


http://www.worldwildlife.org/climate/


So basically the WWF is politically motivated. This teacher is shoving his idealogy on my kid. They say the money is going towards adopting a polar bear. I'm quite skeptical. I know a number of parents who have given there kids $20+ dollars for this. What would you do if you were me, David? How would you attack this if your kid was asked to donate to the WWF? Thanks.
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only environment organization I am willing to donate to is Ducks Unlimited Canada.
DavidK





Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 1520
Reputation: 68.5
votes: 5
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

concerned wrote:
DavidK wrote:
concerned wrote:
DavidK wrote:
Not these days...


Why do you say that David? The reason I am asking is because my daughter's teacher is asking the students to bring in money to donate to the WWF. This has caused me to raise an eyebrow. I'm against it, but I'd like some info on why the WWF is not what it seems to be. Thanks David.


http://www.worldwildlife.org/climate/


So basically the WWF is politically motivated. This teacher is shoving his idealogy on my kid. They say the money is going towards adopting a polar bear. I'm quite skeptical. I know a number of parents who have given there kids $20+ dollars for this. What would you do if you were me, David? How would you attack this if your kid was asked to donate to the WWF? Thanks.


Well, if they say the money is going towards adoption I'm sure that's the case. You posted an open-ended question about WWF being a decent organization or not. I have a hard time with any organization that falls into that trap called climate change/global warming. Call WWF to confirm if the money will in fact go to helping the bear maybe?
RuralandRight





Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 618
Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5
Location: Rural Canada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
The only environment organization I am willing to donate to is Ducks Unlimited Canada.


Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters does a lot of good for conservation also.
FF_Canuck





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 3360
Reputation: 73.4
votes: 17
Location: Southern Alberta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the official page for the Adopt a Polar Bear program - LINK. According to the WWF,
Quote:
Your donation will be used in general support of WWF's efforts around the world. 82 cents of every donated dollar goes toward conservation...

So no, the money won't go specifically towards any kind of polar bear project - just towards their general operations, which is largely global warming advocacy and public awareness. The WWF simply isn't the same organization it used to be.

Edit: Forgot about this piece that SDA posted about a week ago - CLICK. The WWF is very much in bed with the IPCC when it comes to climate change alarmism.
concerned





Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 256
Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1Reputation: 42.1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks FF Canuck. I even sent an email to Coca Cola telling them that I'll never buy a Coke product as long as they are in cahoots with the WWF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Donation to WWF

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB