Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alan A.





Joined: 31 Jul 2009
Posts: 237
Reputation: 22.4Reputation: 22.4
votes: 4
Location: Western Canada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: What are your new communication pet peeves? Reply with quote

What is your top new communication pet peeve?

1. Overuse of online acronyms such as “lol”, even by grownups;
2. Spreading of English language illiteracy (misuse of the apostrophe, no punctuation, etc.)
3. Cell phone chatting in public; text messaging on the sidewalk, behind the wheel, etc.
4. Everything that starts with the letter “i” (...pod, phone, etc.)
5. Overexposure of people's lives and opinions (blogs/forums, twitter, facebook, etc.)
6. Most/all of the above, or wait... there's a lot more;
7. none of d abv its 2010 dumass lol

Comment: would you like to see a pause in the evolution of all those gadgets and new means of communication that have mushroomed in the last 10-15 years? Do you feel they have completely changed the way we're interacting with one another? If so, is it for the better? Please everybody, I would love to read your opinions on this topic. And please add and discuss your own pet peeves that would not be in the list.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who have the ringer volume on their phones set to max.
crazymamma





Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1011
Reputation: 71.8
votes: 14
Location: The kitchen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who take cell phone calls in restaurants. Why is it they can't be respectful of their eating partner and why do they always raise their voice as if the person they are speaking to is hearing impaired?
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymamma wrote:
People who take cell phone calls in restaurants. Why is it they can't be respectful of their eating partner and why do they always raise their voice as if the person they are speaking to is hearing impaired?

Same goes movie theatres and any number of other public venues where consideration of others would be appreciated...

-Mac
Jason Kauppinen





Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 113
Reputation: 74.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woman who gave out her bank account number out over a cell phone.... while on the bus.

Repeatedly.
Mac





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 5500
Reputation: 104
votes: 35
Location: John Baird's riding...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Kauppinen wrote:
Woman who gave out her bank account number out over a cell phone.... while on the bus.

Repeatedly.

Incredible. Now... why does identity theft happen again? :oops:

-Mac
RedCloudWulf





Joined: 31 Jul 2009
Posts: 152
Reputation: 12.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What are your new communication pet peeves? Reply with quote

Alan A. wrote:
What is your top new communication pet peeve?

1. Overuse of online acronyms such as “lol”, even by grownups;
2. Spreading of English language illiteracy (misuse of the apostrophe, no punctuation, etc.)
3. Cell phone chatting in public; text messaging on the sidewalk, behind the wheel, etc.
4. Everything that starts with the letter “i” (...pod, phone, etc.)
5. Overexposure of people's lives and opinions (blogs/forums, twitter, facebook, etc.)
6. Most/all of the above, or wait... there's a lot more;
7. none of d abv its 2010 dumass lol

Comment: would you like to see a pause in the evolution of all those gadgets and new means of communication that have mushroomed in the last 10-15 years? Do you feel they have completely changed the way we're interacting with one another? If so, is it for the better? Please everybody, I would love to read your opinions on this topic. And please add and discuss your own pet peeves that would not be in the list.


My Peeve?When someone actually says "LOL" instead of laughing.Misspelling i can live with ,i just correct them.You know they surf too much when....
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


What are your new communication pet peeves?

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB