Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: How much longer can we live like this? Reply with quote

I know we have to be "tolerant" and can't "generalize" and all of that crap but seriously. At what point do we say that ideologies bent on our destruction are not welcome in our countries? At what point do we stop calling Islam a religion and start calling it an ideology much like Nazism? Many Nazis were good people. I'm sure there were even "moderate" Nazis. But that doesn't mean we should be tolerant of Nazis.

Is it going to take a nuclear explosion? Because at this point I'm not even sure a nuclear explosion would sway the "it's only a small fraction" crowd.
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good point. I don't believe in kicking out people who are already here (unless they aren't already Canadian citizens, in which case they can GTFO), but we do need to prevent people with violent or dictatorial ideologies from immigrating to Canada. Followers of Islam must be banned from immigrating to Canada.
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good point. I don't believe in kicking out people who are already here (unless they aren't already Canadian citizens, in which case they can GTFO), but we do need to prevent people with violent or dictatorial ideologies from immigrating to Canada. Followers of Islam must be banned from immigrating to Canada.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about the Trudopian myths of equality, politically correctness, and being totally non offencive. This fuzzy bunny thinking, feels that is it critical that we all must suffer equally so we do not offend radical Islam and the Jihadists that it has spawned, at any cost.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait till they hit Canada with a terrorist attack, God forbid.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to remember that Canada is the only Western country that was on al Qaida not to be attacked yet, and I hope it stays that way, however I fear with our still lax immigration policies and refugee applications, it is bound to happen. The U.S. will tighten their border, and it will be only a matter of time until they use Canada to get their jihadist message across.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
Just wait till they hit Canada with a terrorist attack, God forbid.

It won't make a difference. The Canadian media will make all sorts of excuses for it. They will claim that he was mentally deranged or that some Christian cut him off in his car the night before. It will not be Islam's fault. It will be our fault for not making him feel included enough in Canada - for not implementing Sharia law as our legal standard.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoffer wrote:
but we do need to prevent people with violent or dictatorial ideologies from immigrating to Canada. Followers of Islam must be banned from immigrating to Canada.

I don't agree with that. You need to set a bar, and set it high, when it comes to people coming to Canada, but I don't think you can say "no Muslims". Its a small group of people involved in any sort of violence.
I agree that violent or dictatorial ideologies should be banned, but not all Muslims have violent or dictatorial ideologies. Islamists certainly should not be allowed back. Certain countries should be really looked into, but you cannot ban every Muslim.

Besides, go look at all the Arabs in Detroit. They are mostly Christians. Do you stop all Christians fleeing the Middle East because they might be Muslim.
SFrank85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
Justin Hoffer wrote:
but we do need to prevent people with violent or dictatorial ideologies from immigrating to Canada. Followers of Islam must be banned from immigrating to Canada.

I don't agree with that. You need to set a bar, and set it high, when it comes to people coming to Canada, but I don't think you can say "no Muslims". Its a small group of people involved in any sort of violence.
I agree that violent or dictatorial ideologies should be banned, but not all Muslims have violent or dictatorial ideologies. Islamists certainly should not be allowed back. Certain countries should be really looked into, but you cannot ban every Muslim.

Besides, go look at all the Arabs in Detroit. They are mostly Christians. Do you stop all Christians fleeing the Middle East because they might be Muslim.

Last time I checked, Christians were not Muslim, most of those Arabs left their Arab homeland because they were persecuted by Muslims.
Craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen - it sounds strange but I would hook would be immigrants up to a lie detector and ask them a series of "values" question to see if their beliefs are compatible with western values. Sure lie detectors aren't always accurate. But immigration isn't a right so we don't owe these people a free pass. If you are Muslim and pass the lie detector test then come on in! The test would be applied to everyone.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFrank85 wrote:
fiscalconservative wrote:
Justin Hoffer wrote:

Last time I checked, Christians were not Muslim, most of those Arabs left their Arab homeland because they were persecuted by Muslims.

Thats what I was trying to say. Now, if you were a terrorist, wouldn't you be a little temped to lie if you would be booted out if you said you were a Muslim?
fiscalconservative

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Listen - it sounds strange but I would hook would be immigrants up to a lie detector and ask them a series of "values" question to see if their beliefs are compatible with western values. Sure lie detectors aren't always accurate. But immigration isn't a right so we don't owe these people a free pass. If you are Muslim and pass the lie detector test then come on in! The test would be applied to everyone.

I kinda like that idea.....maybe they should spend more money researching ways to make a lie detector more reliable. Some jackass is always going to be able to develop a better bomb, and some TSA guy is always going to be too hung over and not willing to look in an Arab guys ass, but a lie detector based on brain waves would be hard to fool.

(they are doing research where they can tell if something is familar to a person or not). If Jihadist phrases are familar - out you go.
SmartCon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: How much longer can we live like this? Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
I know we have to be "tolerant" and can't "generalize" and all of that crap but seriously. At what point do we say that ideologies bent on our destruction are not welcome in our countries? At what point do we stop calling Islam a religion and start calling it an ideology much like Nazism? Many Nazis were good people. I'm sure there were even "moderate" Nazis. But that doesn't mean we should be tolerant of Nazis.

Is it going to take a nuclear explosion? Because at this point I'm not even sure a nuclear explosion would sway the "it's only a small fraction" crowd.

Craig, you cannot brush all of Islam as being bad. Further, to compare it to Nazism is downright ignorant.

The problem the world is facing with regard to terrorism is not Islam but extremism. There are various Christian based extremist groups. Ireland has the Catholic based IRA for example and various Protestant counter parts. The Aryan Guard and Aryan Nation in Canada and the US are Christian based. The Lord Resistance Army in Uganda, an organization that kidnaps children and turns them into child soldiers, is a Christian based organization. The KKK is a Christian based organization. The list goes on.

All of these groups are essentially the same as any Islamic terrorist organization. They manipulate the word of a God, point the words in the direction of a population already oppressed and angry and tell them God wants them to fight their oppressor or trespasser.

Both the Bible and the Koran have passages that insight violence when taken out of context. However, when read in context you will see the only violence that is perpetrated with approval is by God or Allah them self.
optimus2861

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: How much longer can we live like this? Reply with quote

SmartCon wrote:

The problem the world is facing with regard to terrorism is not Islam but extremism. There are various Christian based extremist groups. Ireland has the Catholic based IRA for example and various Protestant counter parts. The Aryan Guard and Aryan Nation in Canada and the US are Christian based. The Lord Resistance Army in Uganda, an organization that kidnaps children and turns them into child soldiers, is a Christian based organization. The KKK is a Christian based organization. The list goes on.

Politically correct stupidity; you're one of Lenin's "useful idiots". I'll grant you the Ugandan group as scumbags, but their activities, I presume, are confined to Uganda and in any event they're not running around trying to blow up airplanes or buildings in the west.

So go find me the news articles over the last decade that show any one of the groups you mention performing more than small, isolated acts of violence that in any remote way compare to what the Islamists do on almost a daily basis in one part of the world or another.

I won't hold my breath. :roll:
Daveeire

Reputation: 37.2Reputation: 37.2Reputation: 37.2Reputation: 37.2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: How much longer can we live like this? Reply with quote

optimus2861 wrote:
SmartCon wrote:

Politically correct stupidity; you're one of Lenin's "useful idiots". I'll grant you the Ugandan group as scumbags, but their activities, I presume, are confined to Uganda and in any event they're not running around trying to blow up airplanes or buildings in the west.

So go find me the news articles over the last decade that show any one of the groups you mention performing more than small, isolated acts of violence that in any remote way compare to what the Islamists do on almost a daily basis in one part of the world or another.

I won't hold my breath. :roll:

Somebody will throw out Oklahoma City so I will save them the trouble. But then I think that one was some sort of setup so it does not prove anything to me. More on Nazis and supposed connection to Christians later.

Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Jump to: