Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds


CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect



Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Timothy McVeigh tries to blow up NWA airplane Reply with quote

Oops - my mistake - it wasn't Timothy McVeigh (he's dead) - it was a MUSLIM. I always make that mistake.

The article claims that Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab has links to Al Qaeda. But I have insider information that says that he has links to ISLAM.

http://apnews.myway.com/articl.....18JO0.html
SFrank85





Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 2269
Reputation: 59.8
votes: 4
Location: Toronto - Scarborough Southwest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Religion of Peace is at it again!
mr12387





Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 261
Reputation: 60.6
votes: 2
Location: Laval, Quebec

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm likely to get a lot of slack for this I don't really care because many of you sound like a broken record. Islam is 1400 years old. Let's recall some of the things people from your religion did when your religion was about 1400 years old give or take a couple hundred years. (Not that the age of the religion means anything but just trying to further my point)...burnt people at stakes, the Spanish inquisition, forced conversions, the crusades, physical and sexual abuse at orphanages, unfair levels of taxation, racism...

Funny coming from a religion where the key figure preaches love.

Every religion has their crazies and Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, etc.. have many of their own today.

Today Islam just happens to be at the forefront due to an extremist revolution which began for the most part in the 70's.
palomino_pony





Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 539
Reputation: 93.9Reputation: 93.9
votes: 3
Location: Lower Mainland, BC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who flies 1 to 2 times a month for work, I don't trust any of my fellow passangers. Some I trust slightly less than others.

I am flying with the family to Disneyland this afternoon. YVR should be a gong show, but if I cancel, then the terrorists win.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr12387 wrote:
While I'm likely to get a lot of slack for this I don't really care because many of you sound like a broken record. Islam is 1400 years old. Let's recall some of the things people from your religion did when your religion was about 1400 years old give or take a couple hundred years. (Not that the age of the religion means anything but just trying to further my point)...burnt people at stakes, the Spanish inquisition, forced conversions, the crusades, physical and sexual abuse at orphanages, unfair levels of taxation, racism...


I'm not sure what your point is. Nobody here is saying that 500 years ago Christians didn't do bad things. But we don't live 500 years ago. We live now. And right now Islam is evil. So what the hell are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that we shouldn't be critical of Islam because Christians were just as bad 500 years ago??? Seriously? Is that what you are trying to say?
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palomino_pony wrote:
I am flying with the family to Disneyland this afternoon. YVR should be a gong show, but if I cancel, then the terrorists win.


we lose if we continue to act like Islam has nothing to do with this and that these are just people with mental conditions.
fiscalconservative





Joined: 08 Dec 2008
Posts: 1043
Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
mr12387 wrote:
While I'm likely to get a lot of slack for this I don't really care because many of you sound like a broken record. Islam is 1400 years old. Let's recall some of the things people from your religion did when your religion was about 1400 years old give or take a couple hundred years. (Not that the age of the religion means anything but just trying to further my point)...burnt people at stakes, the Spanish inquisition, forced conversions, the crusades, physical and sexual abuse at orphanages, unfair levels of taxation, racism...


I'm not sure what your point is. Nobody here is saying that 500 years ago Christians didn't do bad things. But we don't live 500 years ago. We live now. And right now Islam is evil. So what the hell are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that we shouldn't be critical of Islam because Christians were just as bad 500 years ago??? Seriously? Is that what you are trying to say?


I think the point you miss is that not all of Islam is evil. There are billions of Muslims in the world, and very few have blown up an airliner.
More to the point, we cannot view all Muslims as evil because we need allies. Muslim states are the real people fighting the war against radical Islam - not the Americans.
The war against terror would be un-winable without the help of the Pakistani army and the Saudi secret police.
Craig
Site Admin




Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 4415
Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiscalconservative wrote:
I think the point you miss is that not all of Islam is evil. There are billions of Muslims in the world, and very few have blown up an airliner.
More to the point, we cannot view all Muslims as evil because we need allies. Muslim states are the real people fighting the war against radical Islam - not the Americans.
The war against terror would be un-winable without the help of the Pakistani army and the Saudi secret police.


1. That wasn't his point. Bringing up the atrocities committed by Christians 500 years ago has ZERO to do with this.

2. Parts of Islam ARE evil. I never said all of Islam is evil. There are many aspects of Islam that are beautiful (and parts that are pure evil).

3. NEVER have I said that ALL Muslims are evil. So don't insinuate that I have said that. I have said that Islam is evil. If I felt that homosexuality was evil (and I don't) that wouldn't mean that I think homosexuals are evil. It just means that I think that particular aspect of their being is evil. Same thing here.

4. You don't have to blow up an airplane to be evil. If you applaud when an airplane is blown up then you are evil. And there are hundreds of millions of Muslims who applauded on September 11th. Countless polls have shown widespread support in the Muslim world for Al Qaeda. Why you choose to minimize this is beyond me.
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr12387 wrote:
While I'm likely to get a lot of slack for this I don't really care because many of you sound like a broken record. Islam is 1400 years old. Let's recall some of the things people from your religion did when your religion was about 1400 years old give or take a couple hundred years. (Not that the age of the religion means anything but just trying to further my point)...burnt people at stakes, the Spanish inquisition, forced conversions, the crusades, physical and sexual abuse at orphanages, unfair levels of taxation, racism...

Funny coming from a religion where the key figure preaches love.

Every religion has their crazies and Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, etc.. have many of their own today.

Today Islam just happens to be at the forefront due to an extremist revolution which began for the most part in the 70's.


Do you know how many people were killed in the name of Christianity? Its nowhere near the number of people killed by Jihadis this past year. Diverting from the issue by suggesting that Christians did this thousands of years ago is inexcusable and cowardly. Islam is the problem TODAY. Lets stop distorting the present and deal with this menace before thousands more are killed in the name of Islam. By the way, Islam is as much political and cultural as it is religious, therefore; your comparison between Christianity and Islam is misinformed.
queenmandy85





Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 212
Reputation: 93.4Reputation: 93.4
votes: 2
Location: Saskatoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By your logic, Roman Catholisism is evil for the bombings carried out by Catholic terrorists in the United Kingdom recently. "Christian " terrorism is a modern evil as well.Just look at the IRA. Does that mean Roman Catholosism is evil?
queenmandy85





Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 212
Reputation: 93.4Reputation: 93.4
votes: 2
Location: Saskatoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all part of the same religion, just different sects. We all trace our faith back to Abraham and worship the same God as he did.
queenmandy85





Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 212
Reputation: 93.4Reputation: 93.4
votes: 2
Location: Saskatoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Timothy McVeigh tries to blow up NWA airplane Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Oops - my mistake - it wasn't Timothy McVeigh (he's dead) - it was a MUSLIM. I always make that mistake.

The article claims that Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab has links to Al Qaeda. But I have insider information that says that he has links to ISLAM.

http://apnews.myway.com/articl.....18JO0.html


What is the difference between the Christian terrorist IRA and the Islamic terrorist Al Qaeda?
potan





Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 582
Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenmandy85 wrote:
Islam, Judaism and Christianity are all part of the same religion, just different sects. We all trace our faith back to Abraham and worship the same God as he did.


Muslims say Jesus is just a man, and that it is blasphemy to call him God who is a a single being with a single nature. Christians believe that Jesus is the God-man and that worship of God is inseparable from worship of Jesus since God is triune in nature and since Jesus is the second part of that trinity . Jews believe the messiah hasn't arrived yet, therefore; they only worship YHWH.

I think you have a logic problem there my friend. All three can't be true at the same time. Choose the one you believe in.
Craig Smith





Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 244
Reputation: 42Reputation: 42Reputation: 42Reputation: 42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Timothy McVeigh tries to blow up NWA airplane Reply with quote

queenmandy85 wrote:
Craig wrote:
Oops - my mistake - it wasn't Timothy McVeigh (he's dead) - it was a MUSLIM. I always make that mistake.

The article claims that Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab has links to Al Qaeda. But I have insider information that says that he has links to ISLAM.

http://apnews.myway.com/articl.....18JO0.html


What is the difference between the Christian terrorist IRA and the Islamic terrorist Al Qaeda?


One of them doesn't want to cut off my head.

Or was that the beginning of a joke?
Craig Smith





Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 244
Reputation: 42Reputation: 42Reputation: 42Reputation: 42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Timothy McVeigh tries to blow up NWA airplane Reply with quote

queenmandy85 wrote:
What is the difference between the Christian terrorist IRA and the Islamic terrorist Al Qaeda?


But to answer your question more seriously (though fear of losing my head is pretty serious). The IRA is a politically motivated organization bent on regaining control of the Irish mainland - much like the Palestinians. The difference is that the IRA is NOT bent on destroying non-believers, the subjugation of non-Muslim believers, and world domination. It is not spelled out as such in their fundamental text.

If the extent of Islam's threat was to regain control of Israel then your comparison might be valid - but clearly it is not. Besides - the IRA gave up over five years ago. If extremist Islamic organizations give up I'll start to cut them some slack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Timothy McVeigh tries to blow up NWA airplane

phpBBCopyright 2001, 2005 phpBB