Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a fan of Michael Coren ?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Michael Coren Joins the Blogosphere Reply with quote

Michael Coren has now joined the Blogosphere!
http://blogs.canoe.ca/corenscomment/

I am a huge fan of Michael Coren :D , his books, his weekly column, and especially his TV show 'The Michael Coren Show".

Previous shows are now posted on the CTS website here in HD
http://ctstv.com/calgary/player.php?show=Michael Coren Show
(sorry link isn't perfect)

The latest post from Michael's Blog

Quote:
Climategate Again
michael.coren - December 4th, 2009
One of the most charismatic and compelling climate change skeptics is Lord Christopher Monckton, former science advisor to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. He appeared on television on The Michael Coren Show recently and for an hour explained his position on the issue and challenged critics to open debate. He added, however, that almost all of the major global warming zealots from Gore downwards refuse to take him on.

He also stressed that Al Gore will only accept questions, allegedly from the floor, when they have been vetted by his people and that his average speaking fee is around a quarter of a million dollars. This hypocrisy and self-interest is the main problem for me. Climate change might be true – frankly I have no idea – but the conversation has been stopped by an organized campaign of intimidation.

That isn’t to say that all subjects are open to discussion, because some are intellectually irrelevant and merely the fantasy of eccentrics and haters. This is the case with, for example, Holocaust denial. People should have the right to deny the Holocaust but they tend to lie about their motives. I don’t meet many ordinary, gentle people who obsess about Hitler not having been a mass murder. I do, though, meet a lot of skinheads and full-time anti-Semites who do!

So it’s not a morally or politically neutral position. If the Holocaust didn’t happen the Jews are lying. People who lie are bad, people who are bad should be hated. This is far from the case with climate change, where numerous educated and ethical people with no alternative or ulterior motive merely want the subject to be openly discussed. The term “denier” is used precisely because it equates those who question man-made global warming with supporters of arguably the most repugnant political regime in history.

The global warming crowd have acted in a similar way to student leftists who have closed down pro-life clubs and stopped pro-life speakers from appearing on campus or the thugs who prevented the now Israel Prime Minister from speaking in Montreal. We won’t argue with you but we will silence you.

I’m also profoundly tired of journalists who’d not heard of climate science two years ago pretending to be experts and dictating to people, especially on talk radio, information they read in a paperback last week. If the science is absolute the arguments will always be won. Debate, argument, discussion and disagreement. Freedom of speech and all that sort of thing. Surely not a lot to ask.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love his show! Michael Coren is a light in the darkness.
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a good man. Not an ideologue, but he is right where it matters most!

Jump to: