Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBG

votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Danish Jew Rescue Equal to Climate Activism? - Barf alert Reply with quote

I was reading some links from my Temple website (link to offending article) and nearly hurled my cookies when I read the linked article, excerpted below. The article treats the Danes' heroism in the rescue of 99% of their Jewish population from the Nazis with their hosting of the UN-sponsored "climate change" circus.

The "climate change" panic is driven by big money and big business. This issue is driven by money and panic, not logic. To place this on this same level as the rescue of the Jews borders on sacrilege. The Danish people were heroic then; there is nothing heroic about this climate farce in Cophenhagen. Perhaps they should "collectively shout out" the need to stop pandering to political correctness.

Excerpts:

Reform Judaism Blog wrote:
Copenhagen 1943 and Copenhagen UN 2009
December 9, 2009

by Rabbi Warren Stone
Temple Emanuel, Kensington, MD

Sixty-six years ago, on October 2, 1943, when Jews were celebrating the High Holidays, Hitler ordered the arrest and deportation of Denmark's 8,000 Jews. Danish Christian citizens were outraged and courageously rescued almost the entire Jewish population. In an act of collective resistance, the Danes ferried their fellow Jewish citizens on small boats across the sea to safety in Sweden. Over 99% of Danish Jews survived the Holocaust.

Today just one day before the world Jewish celebration of Chanukah I returned to the port and remembered the story of the rescue of Danish Jewry. I gave an interview to Denmark's most popular Sunday radio station equivalent to our NPR thanking the Danish people for this act in 1943 and for their sponsoring the COP15 talks. Denmark has been a visionary leader in environmental activism.Today I will take a boat with UN delegates to visit one of their major wind farms. I will also take a moment in reflection and prayer to remember this gravely challenging time in our Jewish history and the courage of the Danish Christians in rescuing the Danish Jews.

During the UN COP, 15 climate talks will be held in the country which displayed such courage on our behalf. So, too, today, may the UN representatives and the many thousands attending the alternative Klimaformum in Copenhagen take the lead to collectively shout out the need for the world's rescue against the potential calamity of climate change. As Jews light the Chanukah candles may they symbolize our our world effort and hopeful vision to create a low carbon future for humanity.

Jump to: