Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHundo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you guys say that if people became more secular in canada, we would be worse off?
Dave Conservative

votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHundo wrote:
would you guys say that if people became more secular in canada, we would be worse off?

Not my point at all. The recent trend in Canada has been secularization.

Whether secularization is good for Canada can be a topic for another discussion post.

My point was that although Western liberal values are now secularized, Western values and practices of individual freedom, individual equality, rule of law, private property and limited government were directly infused by the religious values of Western Christianity that were historically predominant in all Western countries.

By virtue of Canada being a Western Country, such arguments apply to Canada.

It is simply foolhardy to try and deny that Canada’s Western Christian heritage did not have any effect on the historical development of Canada’s political-economic institutions.

The fact that you and the other critics here continue to dance around the subject without directly addressing my main points, by repeatedly attempting to vainly change the subject and/or take my points out of context, shows that you can offer no serious credible or coherent rebuttle to the arguments I have posted.

On that note, I think that I have already done enough to explain my main points, and will conclude my discussion on this post, as I have more serious work to attend to.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does ANYONE care yet why Bhundo is an athiest?

Just asking...is all.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhundo wrote:
Quote:

Who are you anyways. Socrates?

I will use a trick Jesus used in the New Testament.

First answer me this. Do you think Canada would be a better Country if it became more Christian?
BHundo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First answer me this. Do you think Canada would be a better Country if it became more Christian?

I don't think anyone would notice a difference. Unless your talking big change, like southern US creation-in-schools christian. If that is what you are talking about, then no I don't think it would make Canada better.
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHundo wrote:
Quote:

I don't think anyone would notice a difference. Unless your talking big change, like southern US creation-in-schools christian. If that is what you are talking about, then no I don't think it would make Canada better.

Wow... Wow... You think they teach creationism in the schools in the Southern USA?

Take off the tinfoil hat, please.
BHundo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow... Wow... You think they teach creationism in the schools in the Southern USA?

Take off the tinfoil hat, please.

I know the story, I watched a special on the court case - very interesting. I should have been more clear though: I don't want creationism in schools to be a debatable issue in Canada. There are other examples of things religious groups do that I don't like very much. Treatment of gays isn't usually that great. Outlawing abortion causes some problems. That late-term abortionist was murdered not too long ago in the states. I saw on 60 minutes once that people couldn't get the morning after pill because of pressure from religious groups. Abstinence only sex education is a bit silly. Most importantly religious girls are harder to sleep with.

I understand that you probably feel differently than I do about the above issues, but you can at least appreciate my position here. Would you agree that if the country were more religious, the groups responsible for the "problems" above would grow in numbers? I would consider that bad for Canada.

And I want to be clear that I understand not all religious groups are the same and many feel differently about different issues. I don't want to be accused of lumping them all together.

If we became more christian in Canada would these things change? probably not. If they changed, I would care.

and I hope I'm not being too irrelevant here but would you want to see creationism taught in the schools?

and how do you feel about faith schools in general even if they are not funded by the government?
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHundo wrote:
Quote:

We WERE a better country when we WERE more Christian. Sure advances in technology have made our standard of living higher than it was in 1920 but in terms of societal values Canada was a better place 60 years ago.
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHundo wrote:

I know the story, I watched a special on the court case - very interesting. I should have been more clear though: I don't want creationism in schools to be a debatable issue in Canada. There are other examples of things religious groups do that I don't like very much. Treatment of gays isn't usually that great. Outlawing abortion causes some problems. That late-term abortionist was murdered not too long ago in the states. I saw on 60 minutes once that people couldn't get the morning after pill because of pressure from religious groups. Abstinence only sex education is a bit silly. Most importantly religious girls are harder to sleep with.

I understand that you probably feel differently than I do about the above issues, but you can at least appreciate my position here. Would you agree that if the country were more religious, the groups responsible for the "problems" above would grow in numbers? I would consider that bad for Canada.

And I want to be clear that I understand not all religious groups are the same and many feel differently about different issues. I don't want to be accused of lumping them all together.

If we became more christian in Canada would these things change? probably not. If they changed, I would care.

and I hope I'm not being too irrelevant here but would you want to see creationism taught in the schools?

and how do you feel about faith schools in general even if they are not funded by the government?

First, the teaching of evolution is a REQUIREMENT of education in all States in the Union. Religious schools teach creationism because that is a part of their belief structure. PUBLIC SCHOOLS DO NOT.

Second, what do you think happened to gays in atheist dictatorships like the Soviet Union? You think they had rights there? Gays in America have the same rights as everyone else. GAY MARRIAGE IS SEPARATE FROM TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE, WHICH IS WHY THERE IS A DEBATE ON IT.

What exactly is your issue with outlawing abortions? The unborn don't have the same rights as those who are already born? I remember a few decades ago when people believed that Jews didn't have the same rights as Gentiles. You sound an awful lot like those people.

So because a pharmacist has a moral issue with the morning after pill, that is somehow bad for society? More of your baby killing hate?

Abstinence only sex education a bad thing? So you find teens having kids is a good thing, then?

And most importantly to you, religious women are harder to sleep with? What the hell? You are now openly objectifying women in this ridiculous rant of yours. What the hell is wrong with you, you sick perverted pile? How about you and the rest of the left wing men out there learn to keep your dick in your pants instead of demanding the right to F*** all the women out there and have them kill off their offspring so that you don't have to have any responsibilities?

The only problems with this country come from the immoral and godless sacks of crap on the left wing that seem to think they don't have any responsibilities. You are one of those people. How about you grow up, be responsible for yourself and your actions? If that's too hard for you, then get out of my country and stop polluting it!
Some Guy 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that rant felt good.
mrsocko

votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
crazymamma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHUNDO WRITES:

Most importantly religious girls are harder to sleep with.

rotflmbo

Sweetie don't you believe that, they put out, it's just that they tend to have standards.
BHundo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We WERE a better country when we WERE more Christian. Sure advances in technology have made our standard of living higher than it was in 1920 but in terms of societal values Canada was a better place 60 years ago.

You couldn't legally get a blowjob 60 years ago. Some societal values.

and Justin Hoffer, you're totally right, I am an anti-semite
BHundo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sweetie don't you believe that, they put out, it's just that they tend to have standards.

it was meant to be a joke...

although I do think that there might be some people who have beliefs that alter their sex lives in a negative way, if that isn't too blasphemous of me to say.
crazymamma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHundo wrote:
Quote:

it was meant to be a joke...

Like I said ROTFLMBO, it was funny.

[/quote]
although I do think that there might be some people who have beliefs that alter their sex lives in a negative way, if that isn't too blasphemous of me to say.[/quote]

Heh you think only religion negatively alters folk's "beliefs" about their sex life? Really?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  

Jump to: