Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Climate Scientist's Files LEAKED! Reply with quote

Kate at SDA put this up late last night:

Kate wrote:
The Sound Of All Hell About To Break Loose
The Hadley Climate Research Unit has been hacked;

An unknown person put postings on some climate skeptic websites that advertsied an FTP file on a Russian FTP server, here is the message that was placed on the Air Vent today:

We feel that climate science is, in the current situation, too important to be kept under wraps. We hereby release a random selection of correspondence, code, and documents

The file was large, about 61 megabytes, containing hundreds of files.

It contained data, code, and emails from Phil Jones at CRU to and from many people.

Pertinent emails are popping up everywhere, and what they reveal is absolutely shocking:

Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun wrote:
The director of Britain’s leading Climate Research Unit, Phil Jones, has told Investigate magazine’s TGIF Edition tonight ..."It was a hacker. We were aware of this about three or four days ago that someone had hacked into our system and taken and copied loads of data files and emails."…

TGIF asked Jones about the controversial email discussing “hiding the decline”, and Jones explained what he was trying to say….

So the 1079 emails and 72 documents seem indeed evidence of a scandal involving most of the most prominent scientists pushing the man-made warming theory - a scandal that is one of the greatest in modern science. I’ve been adding some of the most astonishing in updates below - emails suggesting conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more. If it is as it now seems, never again will “peer review” be used to shout down sceptics.

This is clearly not the work of some hacker, but of an insider who’s now blown the whistle.

Not surprising, then, that Steve McIntyre reports:

Earlier today, CRU cancelled all existing passwords. Actions speaking loudly.

But back to the original post - and the most astonishing of the emails so far…
SOURCE

People who have followed the debate closely know that Mann et al have been cooking the books for over a decade, but this undeniable confirmation is startling. I'm running out of intensifiers to explain how dumbstruck I am by the blatant corruption of science this correspondence reveals... and it makes me more than little angry that the real meat and bones of this will never break in to the Canadian mainstream consciousness.
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, this story is exploding all over the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and to a lesser extent, the United States. Hardly a word about it in Canada - they must be waiting for the Warmists to get some good spin on. My guess? They're going to overemphasize 'the hack' and until the internet runs out of gas.

Last edited by FF_Canuck on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
DavidK

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score for people living by common sense and not following the rest of the brain-dead herd!
eveable

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the file and it should put some people in prison. Not the hackers, the so called scientists who are being paid by the taxpayers.
WBD

Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to Dr. Tim Ball on the Roy Green show. You can read what he has to say about the emails at Canada Free Press. The thing that caught my attention was what he said at the end of the Roy Green interview. He said (my words), that after many years of being attacked for his views on global warming, he's NOT letting this go. I get the impression Dr. Ball is a BIT upset and I think he's going "Pit Bull" on this.

I hope he can help bring this whole scam crashing down after all the years of abuse (including death threats) he's endured.

These so called "scientists" are the Big Fish when it comes to the data used by the IPCC. They deserve to crash down hard.

Bill in Calgary
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climate Audit appears to be down. I don't know whether it's been overwhelmed by hits or what...

-Mac
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Climate Audit appears to be down. I don't know whether it's been overwhelmed by hits or what...

-Mac

According to SDA, Ace of Spades, and several smaller sites that I visit, CA is just getting hammered by traffic, rather than anything malicious. Anthony Watt's site is mirroring as much of his stuff as he can to relieve the burden.
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sweet, sweet irony...

From the website Real Climate a climate alarmist website referred to in the assorted emails from the CRU hack as "RC"...

Quote:
The CRU hack
Filed under:

* Climate Science

— group @ 20 November 2009

As many of you will be aware, a large number of emails from the University of East Anglia webmail server were hacked recently (Despite some confusion generated by Anthony Watts, this has absolutely nothing to do with the Hadley Centre which is a completely separate institution). As people are also no doubt aware the breaking into of computers and releasing private information is illegal, and regardless of how they were obtained, posting private correspondence without permission is unethical. We therefore aren’t going to post any of the emails here. We were made aware of the existence of this archive last Tuesday morning when the hackers attempted to upload it to RealClimate, and we notified CRU of their possible security breach later that day.

Nonetheless, these emails (a presumably careful selection of (possibly edited?) correspondence dating back to 1996 and as recently as Nov 12) are being widely circulated, and therefore require some comment. Some of them involve people here (and the archive includes the first RealClimate email we ever sent out to colleagues) and include discussions we’ve had with the CRU folk on topics related to the surface temperature record and some paleo-related issues, mainly to ensure that posting were accurate.

So... according to the first paragraph, hacking is illegal and unethical... unlike manipulating data, refusing to hand over documents requested under Freedom of Information legislation or anything like that... so Real Climate isn't going to publish any of the emails. Nice.

The second paragraph appears to accuse the hackers of carefully selecting and possibly editing the emails, then widely circulating them... So tell me how that's different from manipulating data sets and publishing falsely alarmist conclusions?

Wait... I know the answer... The scientists are paid to tell the truth whereas the hackers had to break to law to discover it.

-Mac
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: Something like that, no doubt ...

Reading between the lines, I am in serious doubt that this was the effort of a hacker, as the CRU is claiming. The sheer size of the data pulled, as well as what specifically got compiled and released, makes this look like a long term effort by someone who was intimately familiar with the operations and players at CRU. I think it was internal. A whistle blower who was deeply unhappy with what was going on and couldn't take it anymore, perhaps?
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
According to SDA, Ace of Spades, and several smaller sites that I visit, CA is just getting hammered by traffic, rather than anything malicious. Anthony Watt's site is mirroring as much of his stuff as he can to relieve the burden.

http://camirror.wordpress.com/

Climate Audit Mirror site.

-Mac
Mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
:lol: Something like that, no doubt ...

Reading between the lines, I am in serious doubt that this was the effort of a hacker, as the CRU is claiming. The sheer size of the data pulled, as well as what specifically got compiled and released, makes this look like a long term effort by someone who was intimately familiar with the operations and players at CRU. I think it was internal. A whistle blower who was deeply unhappy with what was going on and couldn't take it anymore, perhaps?

That explains why Climate Audit is publishing contents of British whistler blower legislation...

-Mac
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very clever people have set up a web-based searchable database of the emails here: LINK . Can't wait to see what I can find...
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Let the news outlets know that you aren't happy about them ignoring this...

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/

http://www.nationalpost.com/co.....the+editor

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/help/contact-web/
FF_Canuck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate apparently knows that Canadian reporters are working on the story. Unfortunately, I'm willing to be the only straight reporting will be from a Lawrence Solomon column in the Financial Post.

That said, I do appreciate the challenge this represents to reporters and editors who will honestly try, thinking they have to make it readable for the lowest common denominator.
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We finally have our proof. Now, we need the criminal investigations.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

Jump to: