Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet is the perfect medium to hide behind a username and allow your narcissistic self to come out and belittle people in a way you wouldn't have the balls to do in "real life".
Some Guy 2.0

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
The internet is the perfect medium to hide behind a username and allow your narcissistic self to come out and belittle people in a way you wouldn't have the balls to do in "real life".

Precisely why I use my real name and label those who don't and say things that are rather inflammatory "cowards".
RedCloudWulf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
When you allow another blogger to upset you with petty insults, you're giving him/her power which he/she doesn't deserve. At the end of the day, blogging and forums are not even words on the page; just images on the screen.

I don't have any control over the blog roll, nor can I ban or remove anyone from the BT Forums. I can close/delete/move threads and posts, yet I rarely do so. I strive to have folks voluntarily comply with fairly minimum guidelines of basic etiquette. For the most part, that works out fine. When someone arrives determined to stir the pot, they will succeed briefly but in the longer term, the civil nature of our regulars wins through and even if they're not banned, the trolls wander off.

-Mac

Mac has it quite correct(IMO)right here.

Justin Hoffer- i dont use my real name , does that make me a coward?Nope.My ID is a personal thing for me ,and is none of anyone elses business.Then again i dont go online and try to stir up hatred or evil like ive seen many across the web do.Given the nature of the internet in a free society,and enemies of a free society, a little caution about your ID is quite necessary.Again ,IN MY OPINION.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoffer wrote:
Precisely why I use my real name and label those who don't and say things that are rather inflammatory "cowards".

Oh quit acting like such a tough guy. Real name or not - tough talk on the internet is pathetic.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  

Jump to: