Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephyr

Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8Reputation: 8.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to make of the global warming controversy. Whether it's the grant-seeking environmentalists, or the profit-seeking resource companies, both sides have an incentive to produce selective science.
Rusty Bedsprings

votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone agrees already that the hockey stick graph was fake but I'll just share a story out of the book the deniers, it would be funny if it were not real.

2 Men claimed that the hockey stick graph was flawed seriously because of the manipulation of statistics so they proved it by running 10000 totally different numbers with Manns (Mann was the author of the hockey stick graph) methodology and 99.99% of the time a hockey stick appeared! :lol: They tried 10000 different stats :lol: but some will still tell you the ipcc is honest.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephyr wrote:
Quote:
I don't know what to make of the global warming controversy. Whether it's the grant-seeking environmentalists, or the profit-seeking resource companies, both sides have an incentive to produce selective science.

I agree that they both have incentives but I have yet to see a resource company publish a article or anything on how global warming does not exist.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link randr, when do you guys think that the global warming debate will reopen? I hope 10 years...

I like this guy, his views mirror mine.
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/69623
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Bedsprings wrote:
Thanks for the link randr, when do you guys think that the global warming debate will reopen? I hope 10 years...

I like this guy, his views mirror mine.
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/69623

It will quietly die, when the majority of the world could give a damn, and see it for the BS that it is.
eveable

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too worry, the Arctic sea ice area ia now in the 1979-2000 median and growing, the Antarctic sea ice extent has just set a new record high.

Two things to look at:

http://www.news.com.au/heralds.....17,00.html

http://jennifermarohasy.com/bl.....-1/?cp=all
RedCloudWulf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: David Mcguinty-Ottawa South Reply with quote

Ive been listening to him on cpac.Besides the bashing of the national govt,he calls for more spending to combat climate change.Tell us Mr.Mcguinty,what have you done to reduce your carbon footprint?I use public transit.I walk to the store up to 30 min at times.In a small 10 min walk to my corner store ive picked up a standard bagfull of garbage that people have littered on the street.People need to change their way of thinking not govt spending.Your guys arent there to coddle us.Your there to listen to us and act accordingly.
China and India number 2 billion people and their economies are rising.Your telling me that our economy is more responsible for climate change?Really?Well i want sources and not studies from leftist ideological schools and universities.You quote the UN studies which is a corrupt organization if i ever saw one.They cant even enforce the declaration of human rights of their own member states like China,Iran,Russia,North Korea,and numerous african countries as well.They cant even halt genocide in Africa by Islamic extremists.
While you liberals wish to enact bills to tax us the people of this country,you ignore human rights violations of these said countries.You ignore the fact that europeans live in apartment blocks like sardines.That is not a life i wish to live.The Conservative govt is thinking globally while you liberals are thinking locally.While certain issues need to be addressed locally,it will take support from China and India to an international climate change bill to work.
I would like nothing more than to pull the teeth from oil producing countries like Iran and Saudi arabia overnight.But the world must pick up the tab.Not just the West.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Spiegel story on the stagnation of global temperatures that is baffling climatologists.

http://www.spiegel.de/internat.....92,00.html
eveable

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not just the cooling planet but the CRU's reaction to it that is so funny. Aren't they old enough to remember the 3 decade cooling spell? I have the download of the hacked files from CPU. It includes the reaction to the cooling. And all their manipulations of climate data. Did somebody think this was for real?
BHundo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be a downer, but the criticism page for GGWS is literally pages long on wikipedia. Many issues are understandable by anyone who has the time to check them out. There are real problems with climate science. There are real problems with the things Al Gore says. If you watch documentaries like this one and pretend you understand the truth, you will look like you don't know what you are talking about and you won't get through to anyone. Check out the other thread I posted: "A climate science video liberals and conservatives agree on"
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really puts the current Global Warming/Climate Change scare into perspective...

Link

And this is a great smackdown of a Greenpeace activist by Lord Monckton

Link
WBD

Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7Reputation: 38.7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHundo wrote:
I don't mean to be a downer, but the criticism page for GGWS is literally pages long on wikipedia. Many issues are understandable by anyone who has the time to check them out. There are real problems with climate science. There are real problems with the things Al Gore says. If you watch documentaries like this one and pretend you understand the truth, you will look like you don't know what you are talking about and you won't get through to anyone. Check out the other thread I posted: "A climate science video liberals and conservatives agree on"

Regardless of what opponents of TGGWS have spewed at Wikipedia, this film was all we had during the time that Al Gore's film was everywhere. The Great Global Warming Swindle may have had a few minor flaws but it did a fair job of debunking AGW. The most important thing about the film is that it went viral on the Net and has been seen by millions.

The DVD version was updated and much better than the original but the fact is it planted the seeds of doubt in millions of people around the world which has helped in the public resistance to global carbon control being discussed at Copenhagen.

The little film that was only shown once on BBC4 as far as I know, ended up doing a thousand times more than was ever envisioned. The more the opponents tried to discredit TGGWS, the more people wanted to see what the fuss was all about. It more than served it's purpose and is still being downloaded hundreds of times per day.

Bill in Calgary
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interview with Lord Monckton is indicative of the kind of mindless obedience which the Climate Change Cult elicits... Frightening, really...

-Mac
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Global sea ice data anyone ? Reply with quote

I have to be honest and state that I once was passionate about Global Warming as fact. The link between the increase in atmospheric C02 and the (supposed) increasing global temperatures collected by scientists was taught as fact when I was in College in the early 90's. It wasn't until I joined an on line political debating forum a few years ago and looked further into the data that I realized that Global Warming was bad science and changed my position on Global Warming to be a 'climate realist'.

After viewing the video of Lord Monckton and the Greenpeace activist I had a look at the website he suggested for her to view... "The Chryosphe Today"

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/

In perspective I do realize that the data has only been recorded for 30 years as shown in this graph.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/c.....htrend.jpg

From a 'quick review' of the data I would assume that average Global sea ice has decreased 'slightly' from the 30 years mean.
BHundo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regardless of what opponents of TGGWS have spewed at Wikipedia, this film was all we had during the time that Al Gore's film was everywhere. The Great Global Warming Swindle may have had a few minor flaws but it did a fair job of debunking AGW. The most important thing about the film is that it went viral on the Net and has been seen by millions.

Read the criticisms, anyone would agree they are blatant and easy to understand. I could understand supporting this film if the errors were small accidents made by honest people. Unfortunately, if you read the criticisms, they are not. These facts are not hard to check. The standards for a proper debunking have to be higher than this film.

You say that the most important thing about this film was its popularity pushing an agenda certain people feel is correct, as if the errors are insignificant. Isn't that the exact problem you have with Al Gore's film?

Isn't it more important to focus on credibility, criticism, debate etc? Or should we throw it away go for popularity and flip on whoever is supporting the position we already thought was correct?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  

Jump to: