Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Jihadist Hasan is a Traitor Reply with quote

Terrorism is a Tactic: Hasan is a Traitor - William R. Hawkins
http://www.familysecuritymatte.....detail.asp

"Terrorism is a tactic used in a war waged for political ends. It is not an ideology in itself, but a weapon in the hands of an ideology or cause. It is this political aspect that separates what Hasan did at a military base from what a disgruntled employee may do at his workplace as the result of only personal grievances. Those who want to downgrade Hasanís actions to that of a postal worker who has snapped due to the pressures of his job are trying to avoid their own uneasiness about the connection between ideological beliefs and violence. The issue is larger than whether Hasanís increasingly militant interpretation of Islam led him to kill. The disquieting question is whether the advocacy of any ideology that expresses hatred for oneís own country can lead to what Hasanís real crime was: treason."

How to Identify Friend from Foe - Melanie Phillips
http://www.familysecuritymatte.....detail.asp

Indeed, all the stuff about Islam, a peaceful religion and ideology, Moderate Muslims, is fine and dandy, but I still think Islam is one of the problems, and the interpretations of clerics. All the Islamic countries are ruled by whom? What is their law again? Perhaps if there were more beneficent rulers, at least those who recognized the benefit of democracy, in stages, like the Shah of Iran once did, then maybe we might believe all the rhetoric and platitudes.

Therefore I think it is better to be cautious and check the immigrants' and visitors backgrounds before they enter North America.

And even if Muslims are born in North America I would make sure about their stance before they entered the military, police forces, CIA, FBI, CISIS, RCMP, you name it.

Am I profiling too much, am I poiticially incoreect? Gee, maybe I need counsellling from people such as Hasan or CAIR or are prestigious Human Rights Commission.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The muslims that we need to worry about are those who no longer stick their cultural form of Islam (ie. South Asian, African) but subscribe to a pan-Islamic identity. We see this sometimes with second generation muslims from India and Pakistan who no longer associate with the moderate sufi form of Islam that their parents practiced on the sub-continent but rather hang around with the arab wahabists at the local mosque in Canada.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Daniel Pipes (Middle East expert) once said: Militant Islam is the problem. Moderate Islam is the solution."

I say Islam is the problem. It is an ideology partly of religion, but mainly of culture and the Koran is close to being a doctrine of war. The icon of Islam and Koran is the sword.

Of course there are many Muslims who wish to live peacefully... but what is their first choice Islam or democracy and their country, if they live here. They have no choice in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, etc. In the sense Muslims are brought up this is the way it was and will continue to be. Allahu Akbar!

Jump to: