Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CPP

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libertas wrote:
Quote:
Bush removed the Taliban from power, captured or killed the lunatics and, for the next seven years, about the only news we heard out of Afghanistan were occasional announcements of parliamentary elections, new schools, water and electricity plants.

The difficult choice Obama faces in Afghanistan is entirely of his own making, not his generals' and certainly not Bush's. It was Obama's meaningless blather about Afghanistan being a "war of necessity" during the campaign that has moved the central front in the war on terrorism from Iraq -- a good battleground for the U.S. -- to Afghanistan -- a lousy battlefront for the U.S.

Thats stretching the truth, it may have been true for the north, but it sure as hell wasn't for the south. That is unless all of the posters on here seem to think their were no Canadian troop deaths between Jan. 20, 2009 and 2005.

Quote:
You must be an Obama fan, he comes across passionate like a thespian in a play and the stage is the world. BHO went to Jeremiah Wright's church of brotherly love and is friends with Jesse Jackson who calls Jews, Hymies.

Wasn't Rush Limbaugh and pretty well the entire Republican establishment friends with two pastors who essentially stated that America was to blame for 9/11 due to its tolerance of the gays and feminists.

Masochism is prominent on both the left and right.

Right on and where are those 'weapons of mass destruction' and didnt Bush say that the U.S. wasnt in the business of nation building :?:

Its getting to a point that its hard to believe anything that some of the american left or right has to say.
:roll:
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again... for one thing Saddam was a WMD... but there's far more which I will not go into. But if you forum members anti-Bush, anti-the-correct-wars check my weblog month tio month and last year that will link you to many sources of facts.

www.onwardjames.blogspot.com
CPP

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:
Here we go again... for one thing Saddam was a WMD... but there's far more which I will not go into. But if you forum members anti-Bush, anti-the-correct-wars check my weblog month tio month and last year that will link you to many sources of facts.

www.onwardjames.blogspot.com

No thanks as I prefer unbiased news.
Libertas

votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here we go again... for one thing Saddam was a WMD... but there's far more which I will not go into.

A neutered one, that was the case since the Gulf War. Now if you really want to stretch it you can make the case that Gulf War 2 was justified based on what happened in Kuwait.

I love how alot of people seem to think the Bush administration was competent in their approach to both wars. They drastically undermanned both missions, didn't give nearly the right amount of funding for rebuilding the country, etc. The only reason Iraq is no longer in a shitty situation is due to the fact the GOP lost the 2006 elections by a landslide. So far it seems that Dick Cheney [whom you've stupidly compared to Churchill] and Donald Rumsfeld were largely to blame for the mistakes in both conflicts.

I'm sure the same people who are calling it a "necessary war" are the ones who stated all hostilities would be over within a couple months of the invasion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: