Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Diana Dilworth tory candidate in New Westminster-Coquitlam Reply with quote

Dilworth named Tory candidate in New Westminster-Coquitlam

Diana Dilworth
Newsleader File

Published: July 27, 2009 9:00 AM
Updated: July 28, 2009 3:56 PM

1 Comment Last Saturday, Port Moody city councillor Diana Dilworth won the Conservative nomination in New West-Coquitlam, a riding previously held by the NDP's Dawn Black, who resigned her MP's job to run for the BC NDP in May's provincial election.

Dilworth, who beat out Lorraine Brett of New Westminster, as well as Mark-Lea Mckeown and Andy Wickey to get the Tory nod, was announced as the winner at Dogwood Pavilion in Coquitlam before Heritage Minister James Moore (also Conservative MP for Port Moody-Westwood-Port Coquitlam) and Senator Yonah Martin, who narrowly lost the riding to Black in the 2008 federal election.

Dilworth was not available for comment this week but, in a release, she remarked on her competitors' campaigns. "[I] am grateful that they have pledged their enthusiastic support to my campaign team going forward," she said. "This is a great moment of strength and unity for our party and I look forward to leading the Conservatives to victory in our district."

Earlier this month, the riding's New Democrats elected Coquitlam Coun. Fin Donnelly as their party's candidate. Donnelly won on the first ballot, edging out New West Coun. Lorrie Williams and another Coquitlam councillor, Barrie Lynch.

A by-election for New West-Coquitlam must be called by Prime Minister Stephen Harper no later than Oct. 13. He can chose any date but Elections Canada must have 36 days to prepare for the vote.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Liberal Party of Canada in B.C. said two candidates have put their names forward for the party's nomination meeting next week (a date and place have yet to be confirmed). Their names were not disclosed.

The Green Party recently acclaimed candidate Rebecca Helps, who ran in the last provincial election against BC Liberal MLA Iain Black.

Currently, three MP seats are vacant, including in Nova Scotia and Quebec. Those by-elections must be called by Oct. 31 and Nov. 18, respectively.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/gre.....94357.html

( i must say i'm impressed with our new candidate there and consider the seat is open and ndp npt even polling as good is during the last election , you have to think there's a good chance it could come back to the conservatives who held it for a number of years )
teenagetory

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to point out, that the Conservatives' support in BC went back up to pre 2004 election levels after having been in decline during the 2004 and 2006 elections, with a popular, local candidate, and the NDP not having the advantage of incumbency, I think this seat will go back to the Tory corner this October
jgerum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a seat that must and can be won! A strong message needs to be sent again to the Liberals: the Tories have the support of all Canadians from the Pacific to the Atlantic- We need all the support of the riding so we can send a qualified and loyal MP to Ottawa... please do everything you can to support Diana Dilworth!
FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to meet Dilworth in Ottawa, and was very impressed. She's energetic, intelligent, and very driven, and I think she'll excel as a candidate and a Conservative MP.

Jump to: