Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paisley_cross

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Vatican creates new structure for Anglicans Reply with quote

Quote:
Pope Benedict XVI has has created a new church structure for Anglicans who want to join the Roman Catholic Church.

Cardinal Joseph Levada, the Vatican's chief doctrinal official, said Tuesday the new legal entity will allow Anglicans to join the Catholic Church while maintaining their Anglican identity and many of their liturgical traditions.

Levada said the new structure is a response to the many requests that have come to the Vatican over the years from Anglicans who want to join. Many Anglicans have become disillusioned by the ordination of women, the election of openly gay bishops and the blessing of same-sex unions in the 77-million strong Anglican Communion.

http://www.google.com/hostedne.....AD9BEO5080

Some imaginative marketing. :)
queenmandy85

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roman Church is fishing for apostates from the One True Faith, hoping Christians will have forgotten why we were repelled by the excesses of the old faith.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for them. I'm sure a lot of Anglicans have had it with the direction that their
"church" is going.
Alex in Edmonton

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
Good for them. I'm sure a lot of Anglicans have had it with the direction that their
"church" is going.

Could you make your post a little more condescending please?

I'm an Anglican and have no problem with the decisions the Anglican Communion has made. I am not offended by ordaned women and, though I am against SSM, I actually am pleased that the church is willing to have discussions about it and other controversial matters. The church I attend fosters community spirit and encourages people to try to be better human beings which is why I continue to attend despite not considering myself particularly religious or spiritual.

Your post was off base and, frankly, out of line. What were you hoping to achieve by putting the word church in quotations?
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
"church" is going.

Don't see the lack of women clergy much of a come-on. Any Anglican who objected to that would have left the church a long time ago. The on-going issue is gays and that is causing havoc in the Anglican Communion.
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the African Anglican churches join the RC then that will be a massive blow.
potan

Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3Reputation: 36.3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex in Edmonton wrote:
potan wrote:
"church" is going.

I'm an Anglican and have no problem with the decisions the Anglican Communion has made. I am not offended by ordaned women and, though I am against SSM, I actually am pleased that the church is willing to have discussions about it and other controversial matters. The church I attend fosters community spirit and encourages people to try to be better human beings which is why I continue to attend despite not considering myself particularly religious or spiritual.

Your post was off base and, frankly, out of line. What were you hoping to achieve by putting the word church in quotations?

"fosters community spirit and encourages people to try to be better human beings"
LOL that sounds like a church alright. I thought Anglicanism was about Christ dying on the cross for our sins and preaching the gospel to those who don't know him.

I should have been more clear. I'd say most Canadian Anglicans are happy with their church but Anglicans I have met from the third world, Africa in particular, are pretty disgruntled over the gay marriage issue and would like to see a return to orthodoxy.
paisley_cross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
Anglicans I have met from the third world, Africa in particular, are pretty disgruntled over the gay marriage issue and would like to see a return to orthodoxy.

I don't doubt that the Vatican's message was directed south, not west.
Alex in Edmonton

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potan wrote:
Alex in Edmonton wrote:
potan wrote:
"church" is going.

"fosters community spirit and encourages people to try to be better human beings"
LOL that sounds like a church alright. I thought Anglicanism was about Christ dying on the cross for our sins and preaching the gospel to those who don't know him.

Give it a rest. I was speaking about some of the benefits that the church has given to my community. Not once did I say those benefits were the sole reason the church exists.

Jump to: