Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: eHealth fiasco in Ontario -- Thank Goodness I'm a Tory Reply with quote

What I mean is that I am a card carrying federal & provincial Conservative, not related to John Tory, ex-Progressive Conservative party leader and now with Newstalk 1010 AM Radio.

John Tory said he was mad about the egregious ehealth spending and lack of reports. Of course, the consultants may have been liberal favours. The government did not tender the mandate.

An investigation is required, even if it takes the federal government, since transfer funds and parts of the stimulus incentives might have been misused.

This scandal could be another Adscam.

Ontario Auditor General Jim McCarter was asked some poignant questions by Mr. Tory on his program and he answered them precisely and honestly. I paraphrase.

What would be your first recommendation?

•Better planning with a clear, deliverable road-map, with more front end thought.

What was the contributing factor that led to this fiasco?

•If I may... there were 4 factors
•1) Lack of strategy and planning
•2) Lacked oversight
•3) Left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing
•4) Consultants

What is the most important recommendation?

•Road-map with bench marks and reports.

Do you get discouraged, or mad, when you see something like this?

•This was disheartening because of the amount... one billion dollars.

Frankly, I would investigate and sue, as John Tory suggested the other day.

Smitherman should also resign. Furthermore, Squinty McGuinty should step down as Premier. But, the liberals, especially the special interest groups and the eltists, will likely say, "Oh well... he apologized and said he was determined to improve this mess, which was also brought on by the conservatives, because the initiative started ten years ago under Eves and Harris's watch."

Shame on premier McGuinty and the Liberal Party.

Dr. Sami Aita, a Canadian fellow who I knew and assisted in locating a deep-pockets investor for his award winning EMR (electronic medical record) company, had been working on a system for doctors many years ago that might have been passed by. Dr. Sami Aita is no longer with Medcomsoft and I lost touch with him and his evolution, since I was writing my novels. Surely there were companies out there that might have been far more helpful with the monstrous ehealth project. Did they have to start from scratch, hire consultants and programmers who did not report how they were progressing?

But what do I know, I am just an impecunious author and satirist.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandal is a year and a half to early.
We are two years away from an election,

And try as I may, I hear nothing but the odd two sentence response from anyone on the opposition end.

I have been all over the federal Liberals because their biggest problem is the simple fact that they have spent the better part of the month explaining that everything the Conservatives are doing is wrong, yet not tabling or suggesting anything to make it right, and that's why Iggy finds himself in the position he is in.

The same situation applies for Hudak and the Provincial PC's, Tabling legislation with the aid of the NDP that was never going to pass, whining about it for one news cycle...then silence.

David Caplan resigns,

And now becomes the answer to the question

As Alfonso Gagliano was for Jean Chrétien
(Blank) was for Dalton McGuinty

One minister takes the blame, the opposition punches itself out focusing on trying to get Smitherman fired and then Dalton McGuinty puts on her serious face and says:

"We have ended the practice that has carried on for decades under governments of all political stripes,"

And in regards to the Auditor Generals Report:

"we undertake to implement every one of them."

And what are the provincial PC's doing?
Still asking for Smitherman's head...

While Dalton is trying to spin this into a win, because he made the minister take accountability the opposition punches itself out and burns this issue out.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's early but there's plenty of time for fallout. No-one seems to have made the connection that this "abuse of trust" scandal happened when the world economy was slumping. Hudak and company should be calling for a criminal investigation rather than Smitherman's head...

-Mac
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
It's early but there's plenty of time for fallout. No-one seems to have made the connection that this "abuse of trust" scandal happened when the world economy was slumping. Hudak and company should be calling for a criminal investigation rather than Smitherman's head...

-Mac

Hudak and Co should be doing a lot of things they are not.
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm not a Hudak fan, yet, he was on Newstalk radio. There are more scandals coming forth such as the Cancer debacle with funds and studies etc.

And the eHealth one might remove Smitherman from the mayoralty race in T.O.

However, what amazes me is how far the supporters of the left will go and how much they will apologize and appease.

Jump to: