Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Time for a new and improved conservative.ca ? Reply with quote

http://www.conservative.ca/EN/2444/

Its not that i think the current website is that bad but i think its " missing something " and could be alot better , now i relaise the pm and mp's have there own website so do government departments so the party website isn't as important to them as an opposition party .

my though it that the site is good but it lacks any reason to visit it on a regular basis , it has some of the major stories involving harper but very little as to the rest of what the government is up to . there's news releases but not much recent news on the party , there no events listed or anything like that .
there is also no where to suggest any ideas or comment on anything , think the lack of user involvment is a flaw with the site . overall the site is just missing something .

anyone else have any thoughs or opinions on it ?
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it can have more media options, and more updates. Also maybe have a profile feature where you can look up the bios of MPís. And maybe a links section with conservative minded think tanks, provincial parties, etc.
Hasdrubal

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know several sites that they can go make a request for cheap labour to fix the site.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is obvious; it needs more puffin.
Rusty Bedsprings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be better but what can't.
RuralandRight

Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5Reputation: 41.5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I clicked on the link It scared the helk out of me, I thought it was a two headed Liberal monster. :shock:

I feel that the conservative website is pretty good, I admit I do check it almost daily, and would love to see new content more often.
ezbeatz

Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5Reputation: 49.5
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuralandRight wrote:
When I clicked on the link It scared the helk out of me, I thought it was a two headed Liberal monster. :shock:

I feel that the conservative website is pretty good, I admit I do check it almost daily, and would love to see new content more often.

ROFLOL
BlondeConservative

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Conservative website isn't really worked on until there is an election coming, then its a rush at the last minute....

As for the CPC energy, clearly no one gives two shits about it, the traffic on the site is appalling because nobody does anything with it. Very sad considering the technology we have at our disposal...

Bottom line, if you don't like the site you have to talk to people in the PMO... they are the ones responsible for what goes on it.
beaver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Conservatives really need to work on the online outreach... I've found that this has been in decline since they've formed government. The main Conservative.ca website, for example, is just terrible. It presents little energy or momentum -- bland is the word to describe it. The options are also quite rudimentary. The Liberals and especially NDP have much more chic and developed websites (although I have to say the NDP rip-off of Barack Obama's website is nauseating... sorry Jack, you are no Obama). It's time for the Conservatives to get new webmasters and revamp the website.

Jump to: