Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patsplace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If person A is a Muslim and commits terrorism, and person B also happens to be Muslim, why does person B have anything to do with what A did.

If person A & B are members of a gang or a cult that preaches violence and hatred and A commits a crime....you're darn right I'm going to think that B is either guilty too or at least deserves a close look. It's just plain foolish to think otherwise. What part of "it's a death cult" don't you get?

There are about 65 or 70 wars of various sizes in progress right now. 60+ of them have Muslims on one or both sides of the conflict.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patsplace wrote:
If person A & B are members of a gang or a cult that preaches violence and hatred and A commits a crime....you're darn right I'm going to think that B is either guilty too or at least deserves a close look.

Do you really believe that all mosques preach hate??
Cool Blue

votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Cool Blue wrote:
There is no "society", only individuals. "Society" is just an excuse some individuals use to avoid personal responsibility as individuals.

Exactly. Muslim society is not committing crimes, Muslim individuals are. Therefore, we should hold Muslim individuals, not Muslim society accountable.

And this is part of the problem. There are very few, if any, Muslim individuals who are demanding accountability from other Muslims. Usually they just deflect blame.
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Pipes www.danielpipes.org once said: "Militant Islam is the problem; moderate Islam is the solution."

Whereas, I say: Islam is the problem. Then there are Saladin wannabees. Warlord thugs. Zealous clerics. And a lot of oil money for propaganda.

Only a few Muslims (but more each day) admit to the archaic religion and interpretations as a failure to the people and times.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
And this is part of the problem. There are very few, if any, Muslim individuals who are demanding accountability from other Muslims. Usually they just deflect blame.

Could you give me a concrete example of what specifically moderate Muslims should be doing to hold radical Muslims accountable?
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qc...

I shall give some suggestions. Cool Blue might have other ones.

First off, the supposed moderates must realize there is a problem with Islam and the Muslim cultures. They might read the archives on Sun Media of Professor Salim Mansur, and "Chasing a Mirage" by Tarek Fatah, better still "Crisis of Islam" by the highly recognized Middle East authority, Pofessor-Emeritus Bernard Lewis.

The moderates must stop whining and constantly blaming Israel for the Palestinians.

They must stop funding foundations and charities where the funds go to extremist organizations.

All Islamist books for children in the Middle East and around the world should be scrutinized by sensible editors.

The moderates should stop attending mosques where the imams have no sense of humour about cartoons and insist on fatwas.

The moderates must stop obstructing women from progress and education, freedom of speech.

The list goes on...

Without recognizing the problem there is no cure just repetition leading to a form of insanity such as kill the infidel by suicide bombing or biological weapons, to continuie the fear of terrorism.

Have you noticed the global incident map around the world?
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could you give me a concrete example of what specifically moderate Muslims should be doing to hold radical Muslims accountable?

Stop defending them would be a start.

Look at what happened with the "Toronto 17". They were caught when a fellow Muslim suspected some funny things going on and he reported this to the RCMP. We need more of this.

Look at the killing of those 4 women they found in the Rideau canal. It appears like a number of people were aware that an honour-killing was being planned but nobody did anything to stop it.

Next time a "Christian" does something wrong in the name of their religion, note the response from other Christians. Think of the response to somebody like Fred Phelps or an abortionist shooter.

That's the kind of response I'd like to see. Unfortunately what we tend to see instead are accusations of discrimination and conspiracy.
gc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about the millions of Muslims who don't defend the radicals, and don't know about crimes and not report them. Do you have a problem with them?
Of course there are Muslims who commit terrorism and abuse women, and of course there are Muslims who support such actions if they don't do it themselves. I'm just saying don't lump the majority of Muslims who do not support the radicals in any way with the minority that do.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologist and appeaser qc. Then the millilons should look within the obsidian mirror made from crystalized lava, by the natives of South America and other parts of the world. It's magical, in the sense one can see many aspects of one's inner soul on the outer image, even the darkside.

If you care for historical fiction, fact and myth, the first few chapters of "The Haj" by Leon Uris might enligten you to a Palestinian life and the Arab and Muslim world.

Last edited by Edmund Onward James on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
Cool Blue wrote:

They could start by ostracizing the extremists in their midst. But I don't see many Muslims in these forums complaining about them. In fact, I don't hear many Muslims complaining about it anywhere. And the ones that do are routinely mocked, discredited, or simply ignored by your left wing friends.
gc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
They could start by ostracizing the extremists in their midst. But I don't see many Muslims in these forums complaining about them.

I don't see many Muslims in these forums period.
Quote:
In fact, I don't hear many Muslims complaining about it anywhere. And the ones that do are routinely mocked, discredited, or simply ignored by your left wing friends.

Maybe you haven't talked to enough Muslims?
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps pictures might help.

Empires for the past 5000 Years
It's an animated map of the Middle East illustrating how various "empires" have risen and fallen in the past 5000 years-in just 90 seconds. And the Mongol Empire was the largest in land size. This is followed by the synopsis to my historical novel "Barbarians" when the Seljuk Turks sent back the peace offerings by Chingis Khan (Chinggis or Genghis).

http://www.mapsofwar.com/images/EMPIRE17.swf

For those who wish to remain aware:

Global Incident Map Displaying Terrorist Acts, Suspicious Activity ...

www.globalincidentmap.com/
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonetheless, the Special Interest Groups, the Libs, the NDP, BLOC, Greens, Gays, especially the black gangs or any young black youth with pants hanging down will complain about the profiling and the false arrest, or temporary stop and investigation.

Our people in blue do their best, particuarly since a few RCMP idiots zealously over-did the tasers and one or two arrests.

I wonder how I would be treated in the Middle East?
Cool Blue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
And what about the millions of Muslims who don't defend the radicals, and don't know about crimes and not report them. Do you have a problem with them?
Of course there are Muslims who commit terrorism and abuse women, and of course there are Muslims who support such actions if they don't do it themselves. I'm just saying don't lump the majority of Muslims who do not support the radicals in any way with the minority that do.

If the majority realize there is a problem within their community yet do nothing, then how do can you be sure that the majority doesn't support it?
gc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Blue wrote:
If the majority realize there is a problem within their community yet do nothing, then how do can you be sure that the majority doesn't support it?

Again, what specifically should they be doing?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: