Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Why are Muslims & Middle East people profiled? Reply with quote

Hello! Remember 9/11, Blackhawk Down, USS Cole, Consulates, suicide bombers on Israeli buses, Indonesian nightclubs, Indian hotels, subways and trains in England and Spain, how about all over the world, how about mothers, fathers, children, grandparents lost.

The religion is not peaceful and caring as it is interpreted, it is a doctrine of hate, war and stupidity. Militant Muslims brought this wrath upon everybody.

So do not expect people to smile and cops to nod their heads good morning when they spot them in an SUV or Hummer.

Kurdish musician Sivan Perwer and his film crew were stopped by police, but they were innnocent. Fine. However, they remind me of young black men even older chaps dressed as street thugs compaining about the police and profiling. Especially, when they are stopped in vehicles with dark windows. Gee!

The false arrest hurt the Kurd's honour. "We were just filming Canada's countryside and then there were guns everywhere." That must mean another juicy lawsuit. The poor man's psyche has been disturbed.

There have been tourists and citizens with cameras that were suspicious, and one or two were proven to be so. Perhaps they should have contacted the police to forewarn them what they were up to.

One day a group pf Muslims, one big fellow dressed in his imam garb, rented a boat and stopped for gas and said they were just sightseeing.

Maybe.

Oh, so I must be profiling.
queenmandy85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not paranoid or anything, are we. This reminds me of my youth when we used to check for commies under the bed before going to sleep.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you are not sufficiently equipped to appreciate the difference between paranoia and reality. However it is wise to be alert rather than complacent.

This is why we have intellgence and counter-intelligence, informants. More often than not it works.

That is why you can respond, free speech, rather than click your heals and salute with your right arm, or get on your knees to thank allah, and the return of the Golden Years.
gc

Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4Reputation: 48.4
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been amazed that conservatives, who usually believe in individual rather than collective rights and responsibilities, would believe in collective responsibility when it comes to Muslims. I guess when you're not the one being targeted...
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about individuality in action and collectivism in cultural beliefs and reaction?
SFrank85

votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:
I have always been amazed that conservatives, who usually believe in individual rather than collective rights and responsibilities, would believe in collective responsibility when it comes to Muslims. I guess when you're not the one being targeted...

When the vast majority of terrorist attacks in the past 20 years have come from Muslims, you better believe that they should be profiled. It they donít want to be profiled, then maybe they should stand with us and demand that people not kill in the name of Allah.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is simple. They like to shoot, and blow up other people, more than other ethnic groups. And yes, I am a racist.
Patsplace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is unreasonable. The only people that need to worry about Muslims are Jews, Gays, Women, Non-Muslims and Muslims of a different sect or maybe Muslims from a different area of town.

....er..that does not leave many people that do not have reason to be nervous around these Death Cult dyed in the wool evil throwbacks. Not that I personally have an opinion.
crazymamma

votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gc wrote:

Of course Conservatives are NEVER the subject of profiling or ass umptions by others. :roll:

Wake up real life is going by ya at an alarming pace.
queenmandy85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago it was IRA Roman Catholics and Ulster Protestants who were blowing people up and killing soldiers. Come to think of it, it was only a few weeks ago. I guess we should be going after them.
The point is, every demographic you can think of has it's psychopaths. They are a tiny minority and I thought we had learned that you do not judge a group for the actions of a few.
What are you afraid of. The whole point of terrorism is to make you afraid. If you show a bit of courage, you beat them. Fear is a dull sword against those who will not be cowed.
Looking for terrorists under your bed is the act of a coward.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may, queenmandy, without offending you, your comment comes across either infantile or from a twit. You know little about the Islamic ideology, and history. I have studied and researched for my novel "Barbarians" for approximately eight years. Enough for a Masters and/or doctorate, have met and listened to world class authorities -- and Islam is a problem for Muslims nevermind the infidel.

However, you are welcome to continue with your sage-like thoughts and comments, (freedom of speech) which exposes your limitation.
queenmandy85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have me confused. You say Islam is a problem for Moslems? I am thinking there is a typo there.
I accept your greater knowledge of Islam, but is the issue Islam or terrorism? If it is Islam, then I would argue that Moslems are no worse than Christians or Hindus when it comes to barbaric acts.
If the issue is terrorism, it is evil only if you do not have to resort to it.
If the Americans ever invaded Canada, would not many Canadians commit acts of terrorism to get them out.
If Quebec or Alberta were to try to separate from Canada, would not loyalists resort to terrorism to try to stop them?
It is not the particular religion or nationality that makes a terrorist. It is the nature of human beings. We do not hold life very sacred. History is full of examples.
On a brighter note, most people are pretty good, Jew, Christian, Moslem or Hindu.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CITY TV aired a video of the arrest of the Kurd singer, and the whole thing was logical and responsible. A citizen noticed a shotgun microphone in the window, which a driver thought was a shotgun barrel and called the police.

The singer made a big stink out of it all and asked for an apology, demanded one. But from what I saw no one was abused.

As far as I am concerned I will feel better when he removes his sorry-ass out of the country and tells all his people and fans that the OPP are serious but good police. Unlikely. He'll find an ambulance chasing lawyer on a contingency basis.

They would've had it far worse anywhere else in the world, especially the Middle East.

What jerks.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queenmandy, you come across as a Muslim or a convert. And you try to utiilize hypothetical reasoning such as America attacking Canada and the Canadians resorting to terrorism.

You are undoubtedly unaware that democracies, in this century, do not attack each other.

Islam is based on Mohammad's points of view and interpretations many years later by clerics. Are you aware what the prophet did for a living and how?

Islam is basically a doctrine of hate and war, scattered with poetry and love. What an oxymoron.

However, the other religions and bibles had their extremes as well. But most acepted progress and modernity, and reformed somewhat. The orthodox sects, except for the Irish of Belfast, still followed the laws of the state.

Whereas Islam is the constitution of the Muslim nations of despots, warlords, clerics and martyrs that are afraid of women's powers.

Global Incident Map Displaying Terrorist Acts, Suspicious Activity...
www.globalincidentmap.com/
Forward

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenmandy85 wrote:
A few years ago it was IRA Roman Catholics and Ulster Protestants who were blowing people up and killing soldiers. Come to think of it, it was only a few weeks ago. I guess we should be going after them.
The point is, every demographic you can think of has it's psychopaths. They are a tiny minority and I thought we had learned that you do not judge a group for the actions of a few.
What are you afraid of. The whole point of terrorism is to make you afraid. If you show a bit of courage, you beat them. Fear is a dull sword against those who will not be cowed.
Looking for terrorists under your bed is the act of a coward.

Yes, we know how wonderfully courageous leftards are. Jack Layton's military record speaks for itself.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  

Jump to: