Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: "Liberty and Tyranny" - number 1 bestseller in Ame Reply with quote

A fascinating response to the Mark Levin piece by a fellow who reads my weblog frequently.

http://onwardjames.blogspot.co.....eller.html

I'm a big Mark Levin fan as well. Thanks for the excerpts and great article cause I still haven't been able to get the book.

I think I can offer a little humble support for his understanding of religion's rightful role governing consenting people of various ideals.

"religions are welcomed. Freedom of Speech, as well. But the Constitution, in the First Amendment, made sure religion was separated from state, so the country would not become a theocracy."

Every Conservative will argue that the generic overall separation is a misnomer.

Yes their reason for independence was lack of redress partly due to a theocracy, but they didn't completely abandon the hierarchies of Truth.

In fact they deferred MORE to the transcendental and less to the liberal, practical, and as of late PURELY remedial government, devoid of the principles that were derived of Truth.

The Truth can never ever be defined via reason. So Obama has carte blanche. No conservative can 'splain a principle to an obamanoid.

Two examples. Science presumes that Pi is transcendental. That's a model of what a Truth looks like to one that has no access to Truth.

We use it in practicalities, but we will never ever achieve it's perfection even if it ends in 00000... forever (presumed).

An actual "Truth"?

Cognito ergo sum. Both the question and the answer are the same realization.

There is no process. There is no reason. It simply is, and is undeniable.

That Liberty is derived of "free will" the same thing that makes a glob of chemical reactions into a life-form. It's another Truth I can only convey to someone who already knows it. He MUST be 'alive' to know what these physics-busting chemical compounds are.

Science nor any other tool of reason can go there.

Nor to the "Origins" of life-forms as say, a Big Bang. (local phenomena.. no more the center of everything than the Earth was)

Anyway just saw a blank space and had to fill it with my own humble take on existence.

So I simply ask Liberals to refrain from "God" if they find the metaphors, parables and parallels distasteful because of an obsession with mechanical reason.

Call it Truth. Then look at any philosopher who seeks it. We'll still all end up on the same page.

God bless you either way, American brother.
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your remarks and book review were equally interesting. Thanks for posting!

-Mac
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: A review of a reviewer Reply with quote

The Meanings of Moderation
Debating a conservative virtue.

http://article.nationalreview......QwMzM4ZTU=

Jump to: