Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: My mind honours as my heart bleeds for all our Warriors Reply with quote

After I went for a bicycle ride I sat on a community centre park bench, ate a mango and avocado, which I purchased from a country market, for lunch; then read the National Post and came to the piece that touched me and wet my eyes.

Giving thanks to our combat engineers
http://www.nationalpost.com/op.....id=1856668

Here I am, able to sit comfortably and write my opinions, often with satire, while young men and women are overseas protecting Afghanis who desire a form of democracy to vote, to go to school, to live a reasonable life.

There are times I think that I should have joined the armed forces and contributed... but now I am close to 62 and have a multitude of physical ailments from a hernia problem to prostate. However, when I read something like this I conclude "it ain't nothing Sagebrush", they are overseas, far from home, giving you the pleasure to indulge.

Thank you, brave souls, thank you. And thank you mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, for standing tall and fully supporting them.

But, I am truly aggravated with our media and mainstream press for not indicating the victories and successes for the world. They just show the body bags and coffins draped with our flag, the colour of blood. Of course they do write their style of an obituary. Nevertheless, they should be showing and writing about what these wonderful, soulful warriors have accomplished.

Last edited by Edmund Onward James on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mac

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, your link is dead, Edmund...

http://www.nationalpost.com/op.....id=1856668

If there's one thing which the Conservatives haven't gone leftard on, it's their support for the Armed Forces. I hope that doesn't change.

-Mac
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fixed now, I made an error typing it out, because from where I posted the computer is not up to date with Google's latest system and I couldn't cut and paste.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My mind honours as my heart bleeds for all our Warriors Reply with quote

Edmund Onward James wrote:

But, I am truly aggravated with our media and mainstream press for not indicating the victories and successes for the world. They just show the body bags and coffins draped with our flag, the colour of blood. Of course they do write their style of an obituary. Nevertheless, they should be showing and writing about what these wonderful, soulful warriors have accomplished.

Hopefully with more NATO troops flooding into Afganistan they will. Up until now they were basically fighting a stalemate - not a newsworthy event until the body bags come home.
Now that there are more troops there, there should be more success stories.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Is War Necessary? Reply with quote

9/11 awakened me about war, and the need to protect liberty and fight; such as WWII did for my forced labour parents, who were taken from their Belarus and Ukrainian villages by the Nazis. More than awakening for them, they were basically imprisoned in Germany, where I was born after they met on work farms and camps.

As far as I am concerned, we are presently in a World War, but on different terms (some of it propaganda by clerics and wealthy despots) with fanatics, those that will incite suicide bombing, even on their own people. The insurgents and wicked hide amongst the poor civilians after the blood-lust, which they perceive as martyrdom or whatever suits the Terror Masters.

Innocent people sadly perish in all wars. With technology less.

Nonetheless, evil of dictators and religious zealots, fight ancient battles because of their interpretation of an ideology, that must be stopped, prevented with pre-emption, if possible. Sanctions would help, but we cannot count on all, or most, of Europe and the UN, infiltrated by Islamists, and those that believe that they are moderate. However, often it's the money.

Thank goodness, and/or God for the decent religious societies, we are so fortunate to have progressive militaries and understanding officers with diligent strategies.

I appreciate the Soldiers and the ultimate risks with all my heart and soul.
Edmund Onward James

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Churchill's view of the Muslims Reply with quote

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome."

Winston Churchill, 1899

Unfortuantely, academe, the leftists, the sheep and lemmings insist we must help the Muslims because they are poor, and it's the despots who are at fault... yet Obama wishes to chat with them. That might work. Just like it did for Neville Chamberlain.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."

Jump to: