Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Mac wrote:
Is there any particular reason why you guys are piling onto Edmund? If you don't like what he writes, don't read it. Is that so difficult?

-Mac

Edmund's being a bit provocative, but I don't think he deserves what he's getting. Even on this forum, it appears that you attack The One at your peril.

This has nothing to do with attacking the one. My objection was to him calling me names and spamming his blog all over the place. Can you tell me what the cut and paste of his blog that started all this has to do with the topic of the forum "ideologies" ?

As for attacking the one, I think its a good idea. I think we are doing way to much of attacking him as a person and way to little attacking his policies.

Thats why Joe the Plumber resonated so much. Somebody was talking about something the actually cared about. Nobody cares about Bill Ayers or who the pastor at his church was.
Worse still is when you attack him with things that makes the general public's eyes role - such as all those birth certificate conspiracy theories. Not only do we waste time talking about what the public cares about -the economy and the debt- we lose credibility.

FF_Canuck

votes: 17

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, I'm on side with the birth certificate thing. A lot of those people are starting to sound like truthers.

I disagree about Ayers and Wright - those associations, and many others, were pointing to the actual character of the man that He did not want anyone to see (ie a radical leftist in moderate's clothing). If the media had been at all probing in their examinations of candidate Obama, such lines of attack might have been unnecesarry.

Joe the Plumber is actually a good example of that; I don't think it an exaggeration to say he was more closely investigated by the media than Obama was during the course of the 2008 campaign. Still, I agree that there are stronger attack to be made on his actions and policies.
fiscalconservative

Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9Reputation: 49.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF_Canuck wrote:
Believe me, I'm on side with the birth certificate thing. A lot of those people are starting to sound like truthers.

I disagree about Ayers and Wright - those associations, and many others, were pointing to the actual character of the man that He did not want anyone to see (ie a radical leftist in moderate's clothing). If the media had been at all probing in their examinations of candidate Obama, such lines of attack might have been unnecesarry.

There may have been a point in bringing it up a few times, but making it an election issued sucked. Especially since they couldn't really advance the argument much.
If you are trying to argue that Obama is a "radical leftist" you need a better argument than saying "Obama is a radical leftist" - you need evidence. Even a photograph of Ayers and Obama together may have helped. Maybe a picture of Obama in the church while he was giving one of his nasty surmons.
Not that I would call him a "radical leftist" anyway..he may have been one years ago, but now he is just a politician. The real "radical leftists" are pissed off at him.
Edmund Onward James

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that the one or two critics jump from one excuse to another. Describe spamming versus linking information, facts along with opinion. Many people of bloggintories miss my weblog pieces, which another conservative linked, and few comment or those that do compliment, (which i appreciate) but still enjoy input and some constructive debate.

I posed a question about Obama, who may have tendencies to be awfully bias, and it is a fact where he stood during his university days and post-university. Perhaps he is changiing and will change some more. But this isn't an affirmative-action position where one learns on the job.

However, I have tendencies: I am not fond of the Germans of WWI & WWII that supported the horrors. And as a result of the forced labour I was born in Germany.

There is enough proof by major authentic sources about Obama, perhaps you might read Michelle Malkin's new book, or Mark Levin who worked for Reagan. The reason I listen to TALK RADIO because it is here and now, and they ususally accept calls from everybody, even anarchists (but they don't last long). The mainstream media became activists for the Oprah anointed celebrity and are in awe of the celebrity that they help create.

Check the archives either in Sun Media or other source of Political Science Professor Salim Mansur.

Frankly, the list is long.

But do try to refrain from insults like a juvenile. And by indicating my background and ideologies that might help some whether they wish to read what I have posted or pass because I may be bias.

When I am wrong I admit I am, most of the time.

Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Jump to: